Thread: Losing An Old Friend

Unhappy Losing An Old Friend

I believe this was the right place to put this.

I got news yesterday that a friend from my old school committed suicide the other night and it came as a shock to everyone. He was liked by everyone and was normal but apparently he spiralled into depression.

I've felt really down about these past few days and just wanted to speak to someone and wanted some advice from any of you have lost someone that was a good friend to you.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm here for you as a friend

I've lost a brother to suicide and friends in a double suicide. I'll admit the pain was a bit Unbearable at the time and it still hurts but it gets better eventually. If it becomes to much to bear try talking to someone you trust. and we'll always be there even not in a physical sense.

First of all, I'm sorry that you've lost a friend, especially because of suicide. I think it's very hard to understand and accept which makes it all the harder.

When I was a Freshman at Westminster Choir College, our first choir director and voice teacher to the tenors was Bob Simpson. He was more than just a great singer and choral director. He was a very nice person who deeply cared about us. Not all professors did. I learned yesterday that he died and it did make me sad. I'm sure it was his time, but in the big picture, loss is loss. Sometimes people never know how much they've touched our lives. I always would have liked to have told him that, but it just didn't happen. If only we could stay in touch with people who meant something to us.

It's hard to lose someone close, I certainly know how it is losing a best friend. If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hold it in..

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

This is yet another story behind the tragedy of suicide.

I wish there was some way to get the population to realize the severity of this illness. Yet it is still a taboo subject today.
    It is hard to say but it is the way the victims show the people they leave behind exactly how much pain they where in.

Be strong and remember the good things about your friend.

Again sorry for your loss.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonstah View Post
    [...] a friend from my old school committed suicide the other night and it came as a shock to everyone. He was liked by everyone and was normal but apparently he spiralled into depression.

I've felt really down about these past few days and just wanted to speak to someone and wanted some advice from any of you have lost someone that was a good friend to you.
    I too am sorry, and we'll support you as best we can CookieMonstah...

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    [...]
    I wish there was some way to get the population to realize the severity of this illness. Yet it is still a taboo subject today.
    [...]

Egor
    It's a terribly sluggish process... however, we do seem to be making some gains on the awareness and action front...

My best,
    -Marka