Opinions on 24/7 (constant) padded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
Of course I plan on being 24/7 when I move out but that is a few years from now. As of right now, I would like opinions from people who wear 24/7 for fun, by choice, or because of it. What is different from wearing whenever to wearing 24/7 by choice or by fun and what is it like?

Just kinda curious for those who are 24/7 by themselves, live with family, or with other mates.

My family knows. My husband has moved from encouragement to viewing them as in the way. I don't get any action unless I come to bed bare. I hate that because of all the times they come in handy, definitely when I am excited I can get messy. Ok, I still have it pretty good and they still feel awesome every single day that I put one on. Why are you moving out in a few years? Still in college?

Fascinating said:
Why are you moving out in a few years? Still in college?

College? Yep, Community. Moving into a dorm when I head to my university. Still enjoying my childhood but I will have no choice since the drive to and from a university I want to go to (that only supports what I want) is 3 hours away.

It feels normal and I haven't worn underwear in two years. Everyone in the household knows and my son sometimes makes comments about it.

I have gone 24/7 for varying durations, but so far none longer than six weeks. When it starts to feel too normal or dull, I stop. I didn't think I'd ever want to go even that long but clearly my relationship with diapers is subject to change. Maybe I'll be a happy, indefinitely long 24/7 wearer some day, but I doubt it. Too much of what I like about them is rooted in the difference from my norm.

As for the practical, it was a hassle but a manageable one. I brought a change with me, although I never wound up needing them (I know myself and my diapers pretty well). Trash volume went way up and I was lazier.

I tried doing the 24/7 a few years back and I wound up having bladder issues to the point where I would have to go every other hour or so. In my line of work at the time, I was lucky to get a break every three hours, so wearing all the time made things very difficult for me at home and at the work place. I just wear at nights now to keep my bedwetting under control.

I've never really wanted to go 24/7. The longest I've gone is, like Maxx, about 72 hours on a holiday weekend. And I really wanted a break after that. I like to enjoy wearing diapers. I want it to be exciting, comforting, and special. Making them just my underwear takes away from that for me. Plus, getting found out at work would be unnecessarily awkward for no gain at all. Pass.

boobybird89 said:
I tried doing the 24/7 a few years back and I wound up having bladder issues to the point where I would have to go every other hour or so. In my line of work at the time, I was lucky to get a break every three hours, so wearing all the time made things very difficult for me at home and at the work place. I just wear at nights now to keep my bedwetting under control.

I'm curious, since you've now stopped, how long did it take to fix your bladder issues and go back to underwear?

Maxx said:
Nah. Being aware and prepared in public uses too many clock cycles in my brain. I've gone for maybe 72 hours at home, and I do go out in public now and then, but fulltime is just too much like work.

You can wear for comfort without having to "use". A Tena Stretch Super with powder worn as a pull-up will last a week. I wear running shorts over them. That is how I am 24/7. I "use" (24/7 or bell) at most once a week.

It has been about four years since I stopped doing that and I still have problems at night, so I finally had enough money to get back into wearing reusable diapers. During the day, it isn't a problem.. I can generally hold it long enough to make a restroom and at work the restroom is ten steps away from me at most.

Trevor said:
I have gone 24/7 for varying durations, but so far none longer than six weeks. When it starts to feel too normal or dull, I stop. I didn't think I'd ever want to go even that long but clearly my relationship with diapers is subject to change. Maybe I'll be a happy, indefinitely long 24/7 wearer some day, but I doubt it. Too much of what I like about them is rooted in the difference from my norm.

As for the practical, it was a hassle but a manageable one. I brought a change with me, although I never wound up needing them (I know myself and my diapers pretty well). Trash volume went way up and I was lazier.
This is pretty similar to my own experiences. I've done a number of stretches of 24/7, the longest of which was about six weeks. I'd wear to work, to friends, to wherever. At the time, I had a corporate job at the world headquarters of a Fortune 500 company. I'd take a bag with me, and it usually worked out I'd change when I went for lunch. No one ever questioned it. Many of my friends know I'm an ABDL, so while I wouldn't generally be all like "I need to go change," they knew what was up. If we were in the right mood, they'd occasionally crack a friendly joke, but that was always in good humor and fun.

My big thing is that I wear when I want to because I want to. So, when I've done 24/7, when it starts to feel like a chore, I stop. There were a few instances where I made it a month or two. The first week was really fun, week 2 was meh, week 3 felt like work, the next weeks would be fine. Then I'd hit a wall where I just didn't really feel like wearing.

My partner is a 24/7-wearing DL, and he has been for about 15 years now. From what he's told me, if you power through that wall with the idea that you're in diapers 24/7 now and you're committed, then it does stop feeling like real work and just becomes what you do. I really considered it a couple of times, and I still like the idea of it. But, I'm also active enough (cycling, dancing games, etc.) that sometimes diapers are straight-up a hindrance for me. Combine that with the fact I'm generally less-inclined to wear these days, and I really can't imagine going for it these days.

Tips: Always carry a bag with a change. Always. Don't be scared to change in a public restroom. If you're wearing out and about, you might need to change when you're out and about. It's a thing that happens, so own it. Leaks will happen, whether from a bad batch or an error in judgment, or whatever. Be prepared to own it or hide it. If you're going to wear to work and the like, try to do so consistently so people don't notice the size of your rear changing constantly.

The big thing is to own it. If you're going to do 24/7, then do it and accept what will come. I think it's worth at least trying it for a while.

Just an FYI: I'm not going to damage my bladder if I choose going 24/7, that is a dumb move and I am smarter than that. A friend did tell me to try going for a week and see how I handle or like it. From what I am hearing is a 50/50%; Some it's ok and fine and the other half get's old after awhile. I know I can only decide if I like it or not when I physically try it out but meh I'unno. It'll be something I consider when I get my pilot's license on long flights (Shooting for a Boeing-777 license of course) while I did read that some pilots just normally wear on long flights, others use the laboratory. I wouldn't mind either or but it is something I plan on trying out in the long run.

As for you GDA, I will definitely consider your advice on the long road. I prefer a bookbag mostly but I am not going to care who judges me at all. It's my life, so what? I know many people can be judgemental but what is a diaper exactly going to hurt if a stranger walks up to me and giggles. I'll just straight up and say "I see your not grown enough for your age"

If I get a smartass answer back, oh well. I'm a young healthy adult and I choose what I want to with my life. Of course I did have plans on what kinds of diapers I might consider depending if I choose 24/7 or not.

Home access,

10AM-9PM: Abena M4

9PM thru overnight: Dry 24/7 or Bellissimo

and if it's the long flights I might consider the Bellissimo because...well, I will get bored at the controls :3

I have never been a TV person, because I mainly go on youtube or netflix on my xbox so I will save a bill on TV and put that towards 24/7 if I choose to. I'll have my car halfway paid off by the time I move out so who knows what the future has in store for me.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it did damage to my bladder, it just made it hyperactive and I guess my body was just getting adjusted to wearing one on a 24/7 basis. If any damage was done to it, drinking Mountain Dew religiously for many years was a contributor.. that stuff is absolute hell on it and like nicotine, bogusly addictive. I haven't drank a soda in over 3 years, thank goodness..

I been 24/7 for several years. I wore a lot before that just not 24/7.
I live with my mate and he usually wears when he has no work next day.

For me its part choice and part have too.
I am not to a point (or yet) where it has to be 24/7.

I must say it is a little nicer when doing now and then.
I used to do few(like 1-4) times a week.

Tho I once in a while wear panties(is it weird these seem fine to wear but boys/guys/mens kind don't),
tho not for a full day. *giggles and blushes* :blushie:

For me normal undies are so weird, and foreign to put on.(way more boy kind)
They feel unnatural to me.
Diapers are like second nature to me now, like they belong there.
I still really do love having them on even tho its 24/7

Not sure how to explain it, tho I still love wearing them.

For me, it is simply not a choice.
I absolutely have to wear diapers and plastic pants 24/7.
With my Cerebral Palsy and being in Leg Braces and hobbling on my forearm crutches, I am completely incapable of getting to any toilet, even here at home on-time to be "clean and dry".

I enjoy wearing 24/7 Usually all weekend or even a week at a time being dry that is!!! alot of time at work all day, I have worn wet 12 hours not the same i like to be changed and enjoy a dry powdered diaper You get used to wareing without people noticing its kinda fun and once in a while someone notices, or even peeing standing in line somewhere!!! in winter in NH its easy to hide but you wont find me at daytona beach in one!!!!

The other day I was getting ready to go out and grabbed a pair of panties out of my drawer along with my slip and hose. Then I was just looking at it a couple seconds like I don't wrar these any more, so why did I do that? It has been ten months and I don't think I'll ever go back to wearing them.

I've never really gone full on 24/7 before, I've worn almost full time on weekends, but I didn't leave the house on those occasions.
There are two things things keeping me from actually going 24/7, and the biggest one, is the fear of someone finding out about what I'm wearing, especially if it's someone I know well, like a family member. The other reason is the cost, but that's as big of an issue as getting caught is.

Maybe at some point down the road, I will actually give it a try.

Snivy said:
Of course I plan on being 24/7 when I move out but that is a few years from now. As of right now, I would like opinions from people who wear 24/7 for fun, by choice, or because of it. What is different from wearing whenever to wearing 24/7 by choice or by fun and what is it like?

Just kinda curious for those who are 24/7 by themselves, live with family, or with other mates.

I wear 24/7 out of OAB and IBS, so necessity. However, I love it and I've tried under wear and can't seem to feel secure. I've been diapered for about 4 years 24/7 now, but have worn my whole life.

I live in a dust bowl where the temp averages 40f in the winter and 110f in the summer. Summertime is tough to wear anywhere but around the house. Being a girl, I enjoy short shorts in the summer which are nearly impossible to hide a diaper in. I have gotten away with goodnights under my shorts but the absorption is minimal and they do stick out over the tops of my shorts which can be troublesome. Winter, however, I tend to wear 24/7. I don't always go in them, I use the bathroom when it's convenient and the diaper when it's convenient just depending on the situation. I'm a jammy pants kinda girl when it's cold out which is perfect for thicker crinklyer diapers like Bambinos. I've thought about using my diapers 24/7 but it just hasn't panned out yet. I agree with many replies though, wearing 24/7 can take away from the fun/novelty of the diaper for me sometimes. It's something I watch for & alter my behaviors accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back