Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining Decent Diapers In The UK

Default Obtaining Decent Diapers In The UK

Hello all. Since Abena don't make the plastic backed X-Plus's in the UK any more, I've been finding sourcing and obtaining high quality, extremely absorbent diapers (nappies!) very tricky.

I don't have a massive budget for premium DL diapers like the Cuddlz or to be able to order from US/Belgium. I'm not a massive fan of Tena or Molicare also.

Can anyone suggest any high quality, super absorbent plastic-back diapers available in the UK?

Nappies r us uk , incontinence choice uk ,saveexpress.com German but with the good to € rate items are quite cheap
    i would try comficare 30 delivered is around 37 posted from Germany and they come parcelforce

I'd like to add to this saying that although I really like the cuddlz brand they only seem to be good if all you want is to feel "little" with a cute print and plastic crinkly backing, out of the last 15 that I have worn recently 12 of them have leaked after about half the capacity than a lille supreme fit maxi would securely hold and at 14 for 10 compared to lille's 12 for 20 I can forego the plastic backing to get twice as many and more absorbent nappies.

in UK I can vouch for incontinencechoice providing great service and prices for quality nappies, no plastic backed ones though.

saveexpress is supposed to be really good and has a huge range and I believe they may still have the original abena's (they did have at least) and other plastic backed nappies. may need a german translator though as their built in one on the site only translates certain parts.

As above, saveexpress.de is where I get mine from now. Just look for the magic word "folie" in the description for plastic-backed diapers. :-)

What are the shipping times like from SaveExpress? Pricing seems pretty good, might have to try them out next time I need to stock up!

I second saveexpress.de as the suggestion. Easy to get plastic backed X-pluses and they shipped them really quite quickly. The only downside is navigating a German website, but Google translate is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Programmatic View Post
    What are the shipping times like from SaveExpress? Pricing seems pretty good, might have to try them out next time I need to stock up!
    basic 5 days over weekend , next level 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    basic 5 days over weekend , next level 3 days
    Hmm, I shall definitely keep them in mind then. Thanks!

Hmm, I shall definitely keep them in mind then. Thanks!
    And with 1 getting €1.35 at the moment meaning 3 gets you €4

I think it was about 3 or 4 days... I remember I was quite surprised as I thought it would take longer. I seem to remember there was online tracking, so I could confirm a day or two in advance when the parcel would arrive. And I was able to specify that the parcels could be left in the shed if I wasn't in. So, all in all, it was as easy and predictable as ordering from the UK (it just took slightly longer).

They really need to get the site translated properly, though!