Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddySmurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm sorry for using up a whole thread for such a personal matter. I'm sure everybody thinks that their dog is the best dog that ever lived, but our Golden Retriever, Jack-Jack was the best dog that there ever was.

Everyone who met him loved him. One person even went so far as to call him a "Gentleman." I like that. People that don't like dogs loved him!

He was the 1st dog I ever had, and I never knew that it would hurt so much. I don't think my entire body has one tear left in it. The worst part was that while he was dying I couldn't tell him that it was going to be okay, and that we will always love him :(

Very tragic news. I'm incredibly sorry to hear your loss. My heart goes out to the dog. :sad:

I feel so sorry for you. I wish I could tell you something comforting, but I know that there aren't any words... :no:

I share your pain :sad:

ToddySmurf said:
I'm sorry for using up a whole thread for such a personal matter. I'm sure everybody thinks that their dog is the best dog that ever lived, but our Golden Retriever, Jack-Jack was the best dog that there ever was.

Everyone who met him loved him. One person even went so far as to call him a "Gentleman." I like that. People that don't like dogs loved him!

He was the 1st dog I ever had, and I never knew that it would hurt so much. I don't think my entire body has one tear left in it. The worst part was that while he was dying I couldn't tell him that it was going to be okay, and that we will always love him :(

I'm so sorry, Toddy. My wife and I know this pain only too well. We now have our fourth dog, but the loss of every dog before our present dog hurt so very much. Our first dog was a black retriever mix, and the other two were golden retrievers. They are a wonderful breed, and our present dog is also a golden. We lost our last dog very suddenly. One day she went into seizures and there was nothing we could do to stop them. It was all so horrible. After we did the terrible deed, we couldn't go back into our house. We saw her everywhere. The house seemed so alone.

I didn't think we'd get another dog, because losing three in our lives was becoming overwhelming, but we did, and we love her dearly. I expect to one day to be with all my dogs, on the other side of life. Dogs are so amazing, and a lot smarter than people give them credit. They love us unconditionally, their tail wagging.

So my heart breaks with you. I believe that one day you will be with him again, so have hope. They're too precious to not go on in the next plain. Hugs.

I'm so sorry. It hurts now, but gets better in time. Cherish the memories. Know that his life was better because of all the love you gave him.

So sorry Toddy, good friends are always missed. :hugs:

:sad: it's like losing a best friend

I'm sorry for your loss. He may not have been very talkative but I don't think that's a requirement to have strong feelings. We've lost several dogs after long lives and it hurts every time.

Thank you for all the kind words, everybody :)

We've had to bury quite a few family cats and dogs over the years. Not a fun task at all. My heart goes out to you.

So sorry for your loss...I completely understand. It has almost been a year since my girl Honey went to the Rainbow Bridge. I still miss her very much!

I'm sorry dude. Hope things go well for you in the long run, I know how it feels to lose a good dog (or a best friend in the manner)

Sorry for you loss. Our family has had 2 Shelties and lost both of them. IT was the ten years we had with each. They stole our heart strings the first time we saw them and never gave them back. Every so often something happens that I think about them or find a picture and that starts the memories flowing.

That is the point they are never gone as long as you can laugh and say remember when X did this.

Hang in there and never forget him.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( As long as he is in your heart he will forever live on with you. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back