Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Rash/ Help please

Default Diaper Rash/ Help please

Hi All,
    It's been a while since I've posted anything and I usually don't ask for advice. I've worn 24/7 for several years now. I was sick recently with soar throat and put on meds. Now I have a diaper rash on my member. Has anyone had a diaper rash on their member before? I don't think I've ever had one that's why I'm concerned. Do diaper rash get red and spotty around the tip? How do you know the difference of a new rash or something more serious?

Thanks for anyone reading and responding.

BP

Are you still feeling sick? That might be something to see a doctor about.

Well, I'm obviously not the most qualified person, but, personally I would think you should clean the area very thoroughly over the next few days and if it persists you should go get it checked out by a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Are you still feeling sick? That might be something to see a doctor about.
    No, I'm not feeling sick. I had a really painful sore throat, went and got meds 875mg for bacteria infection. Then I had to go back and found out I got oral thrush, I had never heard of that before. I had to look it up. My dr said it's very common this time of year and medication can trigger it. Now I have that rash and it seems like one thing after another. I'm wondering if I should go back or give it a few more days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maurepas View Post
    Well, I'm obviously not the most qualified person, but, personally I would think you should clean the area very thoroughly over the next few days and if it persists you should go get it checked out by a doctor.
    I think I will if I don't get rid of it. Has anyone on here had oral thrush before? My doctor ran blood work and it all came back blood count normal with no signs of infection or anemia or thyroid issues. Vitamin D was too low and they put me on prescription does.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby23 View Post
    yes i have and i just used sudocreme healed in no time
    You used sudocreme for oral thrush or a rash down there?

sounds like thrush downstairs, too.
    other than 'see what your doc says', wash and rinse thoroughly, bathe in dettol or suchlike and then give it plenty of airtime for a few days.

I have used lavender oil (the real stuff) to clear up skin infections but I wouldn't be game to put it on sensitive skin parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    sounds like thrush downstairs, too.
    other than 'see what your doc says', wash and rinse thoroughly, bathe in dettol or suchlike and then give it plenty of airtime for a few days.
    I given it air time the last two days and today it looks almost gone. So I think everyone's advice is helping. I think it was due to the ammonia and peeing out the meds into the diaper and staying in it too long irritated my skin down there.

Thank you all for responding, I really like this community and appreciate the support we all get from here.

Thanks BP

BordercollieTrigger

Well had same issue below diapee but where barely rubs its only irritation. I am using Desitin cream so its already getting better. I also do not have the option to give tons of air time. Why this is so is because I live with my parents which means don not get super soggy until after dinner. This is to respect them also so they do not see me with a bulky bum.