What Was Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1978 red ford new yorker. Wasn't a dream car but it ran well, and was in good condition inside and was all mine so i loved it.

My first car was a red Renault Twingo, I kind of shared it with my mother/parents. I really, really liked the big textile roof (and so did my cat :D). But then I moved to the big city and instead of bike+car I started to use public transport mostly, which was "free" for students anyway (we had to pay for our public transport ticket, but buying it wasn't optional). So it also was my last car and now I am a frequent-railer with German Railways for both privat and for business cases. Within the community I still mostly cycle (Copenhagenize! :)), from time to time if needed I take a cab (local) or a rental car ((inter)national).

Due to not having an own car I'm used to drive a lot of different cars frequently: rental, car sharing, from friends or family, rental... today it was a Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa, last rental a Skoda Superb SW, the coolest car within the last 12 month a 1983 Volkswagen Transporter T3: 4 gears, no radio, no a/c, no comfort, but a lot of fun. At around 120 km/h on the autobahn the mirrors where shaking at a degree that I slowed back to a 100 again pretty quick :D

1993 Black Ford Tempo

My first car was a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder provided to me as a High School graduation gift from my parents (looking back on it I don't think I truly deserved it)

I had it for about four years and was bought and paid for through an inheritance from my long deceased Grandfather. It was the car I learned to drive manual transmission on and it was a pretty fun car but a PITA in the winter with the rag top.

I ran it into the ground from trying to go Fast & Furious style around town. This was only a couple years after the first F&F movie came out so the rice burner scene was hot in the early 21st century and was one of the reasons I wanted a second gen Mitsubishi Eclipse (RIP Paul Walker).

By the time I sold it the front end was being held together by zip ties and had hood pins holding the hood down and one of the cylinders was misfiring.

I had 2 first cars. The first one was an '85 f-150 explorer with the extended cab. I bought it for $200 and never really drove it because of the small engine fire issue it would have every time you started it...I don't really count it as my first car since I never drove it or transferred the title in my name.
My real first car, and my current car, is a '91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ceira s. Bought it for $500 with 235,000 miles on it about a year and a half ago. I have beat the hell out of this car, I've taken it through fields and wrecked it and it still runs great, even at 251,000 miles.

My first car was a Red 1997 Dodge Status. Automatic 113K miles.
Loved it till I slid sideways down a icy road and clipped a Chevy Silverado also sliding sideways down the opposite side of the same icy road...

Mine which I got just last December is 2012 Toyota Aygo in black, small car with a 1 litre engine I believe, gets me from A to B when needed to.

ajsco said:
[video=youtube;hX9-7ZTThvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX9-7ZTThvM[/video]

LMAO :laugh: Any topic that conjures up Top Gear is a great topic! :thumbsup:

2014 kia soul. ive about 10k miles on it. it will be a year old in may. got a summer job and my grandmother didnt trust a used car so we co signed. not a bad little car for the price. i cant complain. gets up and goes when it needs. top speed of 107. thank you empty florida highways lol. ( got a speeding ticket 15 min later for doing 85 not paying attention and singing loud as fuck with friends. xD )

1979 Dodge Aspen in A evergreen green color not the best looking thing in the work was in a few car -car wrecks and a few Whitetail Deer hits as well -previous owners doing. Had a incontinent Slant 6 225 6 cylinder gotta love the dodge starter sounds really funky. Put enough oil in that engine to fill a oil tanker.

Mines was a 1992 Mk3 ford fiesta LX (I live in scotland uk)

I had neons under the car because fast and the furious just came out when I passed my test.

My first one was a Seat Ibiza, built 1992.
And this is how it ended up, 1 1/2 months after buying:
ibiza.jpg

mine first car where a Peugeot 205 accent 1.1 from 1991 did really like that car
bud sadly i did crash the car on the high way A1 near Amsterdam

greetings Darktee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back