Your favourite gadget/option on your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What's your most favourite option on your car (not including gearbox) and what make of car it is ?
I own a euro mk2 late 2007 Ford Focus 1.8tdci Ghia estate
and my best option is the Heated front screen a must on frosty mornings
It also has
Cruise control , standard Air con , multi setting power steering

Kinda pissed that ford more or less prevents other companies from doing a similar heated front windshield. I would love that feature. Even if I scrape off all the ice during the winter, I _still_ have to wait like 5 to 10 minutes for the windshield to become warm enough for it not to fog up on really cold nights.

I have a 2007 Civic DXG (base trim). Only real option it came with is AC, which I almost never use. Favourite feature is heated seats, which I added myself.

BoundCoder said:
Kinda pissed that ford more or less prevents other companies from doing a similar heated front windshield. I would love that feature. Even if I scrape off all the ice during the winter, I _still_ have to wait like 5 to 10 minutes for the windshield to become warm enough for it not to fog up on really cold nights.

I have a 2007 Civic DXG (base trim). Only real option it came with is AC, which I almost never use. Favourite feature is heated seats, which I added myself.
I think the patternt has run out on this now as GM opel/vauxhall have fitted one to the new Corsa

I have a Ram 1500 with RamBoxes that are tool boxes built into the bedsides. Very convent without ruining the clean lines of the truck. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425859418.792268.jpg

I have a Honda Pilot and this winter my favorite feature has been the heated seats. Actually, the engine is quite descent. It had the ECO feature to save gas, but when I put the pedal to the metal, and gets out and goes. It seems to be well designed. The sound system is nice as well, sub-woofer and all.

My favorite feature is the backup camera. While people rely on them too much (or some, not everyone) it is very useful when I am trying to back up from the parking lot and risk hitting other vehicles that are parked as well. Some retail stores have parking spots too close to each other with only 1 room of going in or out and it's basically a 1 way.

My driver hand-controls.

AEsahaettr said:
The fact that the top goes down.

Not worth it in sunny England :sad: too much rain even in summer

mine's a Saxo VTR and there aren't really any options on it, beyond what's the norm for a basic car.
the only thing different about mine is it's higher than standard ride-height at the front (the back end's not an issue, especially with it being torsion bars) and i could change that quicker some convertables can be put down/up.

I'm still way too fascinated with GPS' even though they aren't like.. really that interesting or cool anymore. Still, I'm always staring at them whenever I'm in car with one. When I get a car, I really want one.

I love the ability to plug a USB filled with my entire music collection into my car and access it all by voice. That's frickin' cool! Or, I can play my favorite streaming music service through my car's stereo via my phone's bluetooth connection.

I'm actually also really surprised at how much I like having navigation integral to the car, instead of just using my phone. I can get going, find the street address by voice, and then the car interrupts my music so I can actually hear when it's telling me to do something (unlike in my old car where the phone couldn't go loud enough for me to hear it over the stereo).

um from my trans Am my favorite feature would be My T-Tops absolutely LOVE the T-Tops been facinated With them since my moms old 1979 Trans am, as well as her 1992 Z28 IROC. with my Bronco it would be the removable Half top on the rear, my 92 mustang my favorite feature would have to be the 5 Speed because they are hard to find in the USA and the Fox body really had nothing fancy.

The mighty "ECON-SPORT" mode switch and "TRACS"..traction control system for Volvos.

I've got a few different cars / trucks. My nicest truck is my Ram 1500 Crew cab. It has Sirius Back-Seateat TV. It has 3 channels. Disney, Nick Jr., & Cartoon Network.

Sirius is going to discontinue this at the end of 2015. It's been fun & handy. If I'm taking kids somewhere I don't worry about brining a stack of DVD's to keep them entertained & quite. I just turn on the TV. ...gonna have some upset kids next year...

For those wondering, I don't have any kids. But I have a large family & sometimes drive little cousins & friend's kids around.

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT and it's not as cool as my Jeep Wrangler was, but my favorite feature is the rear seats which you can pull down and access the trunk. That feature saved my butt when an airport shuttle driver locked my keys in the trunk.

Not the most breathtaking feature, but a USB Port and the ability to play mp3s is something I really don't want to miss. Audiobooks, radio dramas, podcasts, music… just amazing to be free of CD length or crappy radio program.

Mattew said:
I've got a few different cars / trucks. My nicest truck is my Ram 1500 Crew cab. It has Sirius Back-Seateat TV. It has 3 channels. Disney, Nick Jr., & Cartoon Network.

Sirius is going to discontinue this at the end of 2015. It's been fun & handy. If I'm taking kids somewhere I don't worry about brining a stack of DVD's to keep them entertained & quite. I just turn on the TV. ...gonna have some upset kids next year...

For those wondering, I don't have any kids. But I have a large family & sometimes drive little cousins & friend's kids around.

From 1986 to 2013, I drove Ford Ranger Pickup Trucks, 4 of them in all.

My favorite, was my 1992 Ford Ranger with the Super-Cab.

The compass and temperature gauge on my Jeep

My AUX Cable. It allows me to plug in my Ipod with over 8000 songs and 7 different podcasts. I'm happy to report that I haven't touched a radio in nearly 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back