Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have the option of moving in with my parents, but can't wear

Default I have the option of moving in with my parents, but can't wear

I will be moving back in with my parents for practical reasons, and they will not let me wear diapers or baby items whatsoever.

I've tried talking with them but they will not budge.

Is it worth it to do it behind their back and hide it from them?

If they're like my parents and won't budge I don't think going behind their back and being decietful is the best because if they find out they will be even angrier.

No. You don't need to live with them, you are choosing to live with them. It's their house, if they don't want it, you need to follow their rules. They are welcoming you (back) into their home.

If you go behind their back and do it anyway, it says a lot more about you than it does them.

First are you sure that you "need" to move back in with mom and dad? Or are you doing it because things are getting tough and you find it the easiest way? I understand tough and have been though losing jobs, getting divorced, and many other problems. Except for about a 2-3 month stent when I took a new job back in my hometown I have not moved back in with mom and dad since I left at 18. Not saying that your problem puts you in a place that you have to move back but if you have thought through everything and it is what you have to do then, yes you have to go by their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklesaurus View Post
    I will be moving back in with my parents for practical reasons, and they will not let me wear diapers or baby items whatsoever.

I've tried talking with them but they will not budge.

Is it worth it to do it behind their back and hide it from them?
    It probably isn't. The thing about rooming in someone else's house is that they get to make the rules. That's true whether it's your parents' house or some random person's house. Now, if you're paying reasonable rent, then you certainly should be entitled to some privacy. Perhaps wearing in your room once in awhile wouldn't be the end of the world, provided you're clean about it and make sure you're not stinking up the place. Ultimately, though, their disapproval is a known constraint. If you as an adult are opting to move in with them, you know going into it this is a problem point.

It's unfortunate, but hopefully you can adapt. Good luck!

Deceiving them isn't the right thing to do. You coukd discuss the issue further, explaining that it's something you want to do privately, that it won't be a bother to them, and asking for their tolerance rather than their permission. But if they think it's wrong for one reason or another, that could be a tough battle.

I would tell them either to stuff it or just wear when the house is empty if they really won't budge. Even if you try not to, I guarantee you will not make it to the end of the year without wearing. It's like saying you can move back in but you aren't allowed to be gay, it's who you are and you can't not be who you are.

You could probably where diapers when no one is around and keep them secretly hidden like a lot of the people here that live with there parents. You probably just can't wear as much as you wish to, but it should be good once and a while. There are many threads on here that say how to hid diapers. But just remember that that it is their house so they make the rules.

May be tough to cut down on, but like everyone else is saying if you are moving back under parents roof and they won't let you wear your diapers while you are there then you just need to stick it out with them and do the best you can without. If you need to move back in with them because of some sort of financial crisis, you gotta suck in your pride. Being a kid/baby is fine and dandy when you live independently but you still have to make some grown up decisions and sacrifices, regardless if you want to or not.. it's just the nature of the beast.

You really need to respect the wishes of your parents and obey their wish. I know it seems hard to do, but keep in mind that this living arrangement isn't forever. You may get chances to wear when the house is empty. Do be careful though because it sounds as if this is something they aren't keen on at all.

If being an AB/DL/Little has infatuated your life so much though that you can't hide it or you require special accommodations because of it, you may want to reconsider this living option.

Good luck with whatever you choose!