Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpollution

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
So, today I decided to take inventory of my stash, which is at a storage facility. (I still live with my parents) I get what I need, I take a few, and then I make my way back home. I finally get off the freeway.

Then there is a big problem. My car's muffler has rusted off completely, and it's dragging on the ground. I cannot drive it anymore. I panic because I'm stuck in a different neighborhood with a stash of diapers that I don't want my folks to see. I try to throw them away in a dumpster parked by a house.

Then that's when shit hits the fan. A neighbor sees me. :(

She steps off her porch and says "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"
"That's private property. Who do you think you are?" :mad:

I'm walking to my car, and she demands that I show her my ID.
She takes it away and calls the cops, demanding that I stay right there on her sidewalk. :frown:

"You better not leave motherfucker, what the fuck is wrong with you, dumping your shit on private property. I have no idea what you're doing, but you're clearly up to no good. You can talk to the cops and tell them your side, I personally think you're lying. I'll bet that's stolen property."

I told her what it was and she still continued to be hostile and demand that I stay and talk to the cops. She asks me where my car is, that she doesn't see it. I told her that in event I need it towed or taken to the shop, I don't want my parents to see it. She said "It sounds like a line of bullshit to me, tell it to the cops."

Once the cops arrive, I tell them what happened, and he says "Oh, no problem. I don't care what you do, just don't throw them in a private dumpster again." The cops even call me a tow truck and take me to a gas station to throw away the diapers. "Good luck, man. Have a good afternoon.":patpat: they say. I go back to my car and the car is towed.

While I'm at the muffler shop I suffer hunger pains, and they're so severe from anxiety, etc., that it feels like I'm having an ulcer. Then I walk to the McDonalds down the street. I feel a lot better. I then wait at the muffler shop for two more hours. The wait, combined with the extreme hunger pains paled in comparison the the events that occurred earlier.

That was something I'm definitely learning a lesson from, and I'm glad to be back home

I fell for you, that must-have been embarrassing times infinity+1000 I'm glad for you, that you handed it well.

I was shaking uncontrollably trying to reason with that hostile, horrible old lady. :sad:
I almost feel like I have to leave my city...

Damn I fear this happening all the time! I get rid of my diapers in public bins to minimise getting caught at home. If I were you, I would've ripped the rusted part off and driven to the garage.

Good lord, hope no-one gives the chip on that woman's shoulder a physical form, it'll crush the damn planet...
Some people out there really just have to assume everyone's out to screw someone else don't they. People can't ever have a reason for doing things apparently...

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

captainpollution said:
I was shaking uncontrollably trying to reason with that hostile, horrible old lady. :sad:
I almost feel like I have to leave my city...

Bravo. You did what most people could not, kept calm and soldiered on. That was, and usually is, the best path in confrontations. There is no reason to get angry in return or to be aggressive back, especially as you were in the slight wrong for "dumping" in a dumpster on private property. Now, I would have not remained calm at a certain point, and would have gone into "Sarge" mode in volume and force of speech explaining to the lady the difference between "illegal dumping" and throwing some trash away.

You did much better than myself and most others. Very good.

Wow, yeah, some people are horrible. :(

Llayden said:
That was, and usually is, the best path in confrontations. There is no reason to get angry in return or to be aggressive back, especially as you were in the slight wrong for "dumping" in a dumpster on private property. Now, I would have not remained calm at a certain point, and would have gone into "Sarge" mode in volume and force of speech explaining to the lady the difference between "illegal dumping" and throwing some trash away.

Yeah, seriously. There was already miscellaneous junk and stuff in there anyway. The people down the street were redoing the interior of the house. Clearly, she's got issues. During the entire 20 minute spat, she was alternating in between being reasonable and verbally abusive, something I couldn't comprehend. The cops were the most understanding ones, really, which surprised me.

I've driven many a mile with a missing muffler. You certainly can drive the car until you get to a garage. Even if the pipe is digging in, you can rip it off with your hands, usually.

My big question is, why did you even show your ID to a crazy woman? I would have gone ballistic on her. After all, what can she do, and I wouldn't have stayed around for the cops. To be honest, no one pushes me around. Because she's a woman, I probably wouldn't have hit her, but if she was a man, I would have stood my ground. Generally, I start out very calm and give people a chance to say what they have to say, but if they become violent, so do I. She crossed so many lines by taking your property. In my book, we call that stealing. You had every right to have her arrested, and I would have.

That said, I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You must live up north where mufflers and tail pipes rust. Living in the south, we almost never have that problem.

captainpollution said:
she demands that I show her my ID.
She takes it away

I would never even think of showing some crazy lady who is yelling at me my ID for that exact reason. That aside you handled it and made it out alive and in one piece. I've had my share of problems with mufflers. Sadly I have had several mufflers rust through. One time it fell to the ground so I just picked it up and drove to get it replace. Another time it fell but caught on something underneath the car and just hung there, it wasn't dragging so i just drove and had it replaced, again. The first time I happened though it did fall partly and was dragging. I had no idea what happened I just noticed my car got very loud and it scared me. I called my dad and drove out to the road I was on realized what it was then drove behind me as I drove to the auto body shop. It dragged the entire way there, which thankfully wasn't that far. The worst part to me is I fell like an ass when my muffler breaks. I hate all the people that intentionally make their cars loud. If I could mine would be silent but when my muffler broke in stop and go traffic I felt awful.

Hindsight is 20/20. If this happened to me I probably would have shown her my ID as well. In hindsight it probably would have been better to just say 'I'll show it to the cops, not you!'

Any way - glad it turned out pretty well.

I just bought a new muffler for a car I'm going to be driving soon. A week ago I thought my muffler was dragging because of the weird noises. I stopped to look and a branch was wrapped around something underneath and would not come loose. I think I drove around all day like that. That night i had to get towed because I hit a patch of ice and went into the ditch. I was so glad I had AAA. It didn't cost me a dime. I just had a backpack sitting there rhat probably had a couple spares in it. I did not think twice about it though. I am sure the tow truck driver would not look in my bag and if he did it would be his own fault that he found them. I just leave the bag in the floor of the passenger side with a few supplies and bowls cups and spoons in case the kids need a snack when I am out running errands.

Too late for you OP, but for anyone else, never pay for a tow because of a muffler. It a (mechanically) unnecessary part. It will be loud, but just drive it where you need to go to get repairs done.

Sorry you had a rough day.

BabyDenise said:
Hindsight is 20/20. If this happened to me I probably would have shown her my ID as well. In hindsight it probably would have been better to just say 'I'll show it to the cops, not you!'

Exactly. I was paralyzed with fear. I was extremely relieved when the cops showed up.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyJ316 said:
Too late for you OP, but for anyone else, never pay for a tow because of a muffler. It a (mechanically) unnecessary part. It will be loud, but just drive it where you need to go to get repairs done.

Apparently, the mechanic told me that the whole pipe had rusted, broke off the manifold, was eating away at the catalytic converter and spreading to the back.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to thank you all for your support! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back