Thread: Help with chaffing?

Unhappy Help with chaffing?

Hey i need help please i want get all advice possible to try. I am using Desitin Cream which is working well for a chaffing below my diapee at crotch. I recently had issue since wore coveralls in power mechanics. I now learned lesson coveralls and double padding do not mix. But i want advice and tips how make it go away. I know will once funds happen get bigger pants but cant afford to now. Please any advice be great.

How to handle it is quite simple. You clean the inflicted area with water and dry it the best you can (Not too hard so you don't irritate it even more) Apply any kind of petroleum jelly of your choice (Any kind of healing cream works but expect best results with petroleum jelly) and after that, you need to wait awhile before using that part of your skin again or it will not go away but as a mater of fact, it may last longer or become even worse. So if your using that part of your skin with your diaper, it's best to wait till it heals before you start to pad up again so you gotta use light clothing on that part of your body for awhile, give it a week to two weeks tops for maximum results.

The quote below me explains it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Website
    How to Treat Chafing
    Skin chafing should be treated, so don't ignore it. Gently clean the chafed area with water and dry it thoroughly. After cleaning the area, apply a substance like petroleum jelly. If the area is very painful, swollen, bleeding, or crusted, your health care provider may recommend a medicated ointment.

Give your skin some time to heal from chafing before being active again. Continued friction will only make it worse and could lead to infection. If your skin chafing does not improve after trying these self-care measures, make an appointment to see your doctor. You may need an antibiotic ointment if the area becomes infected.

I would suggest wearing a pair of boxers over your diaper. The longer legs should prevent the fabric
    of the coveralls off your skin in that area.

Well its already getting better thanks to me immediately treating it with the cream. This weekends buying the petroleum jelly once can. I already am getting better but for now i am sleeping diapeed no onesie. Lucky it is below diapee so doesnt rub on it just need bigger pants to be doubled and prevent it again. I cannot afford to till end of month sucks. Money is just so tight.

petroleum tends to dissolve the glue that holds the elastic to the leg gathers. It gets very irritating very fast when you have bare elastic strands hugging the skin down there. Keep it away from the leak guards until proven safe.

lotions will leech onto clothes and create an oily (does not dry and disappear) stain on clothing. keep it inside your diaper. be very careful when applying to leg calves etc.

too much powder will give you eccema. been there, not fun, much worse than chaffing. talc seems to be worse for that than cornstarch.

Whats ecemma and its from pants so need go up a size but no funds do now. But will try the petroleum jelly on weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BordercollieTrigger View Post
    Whats ecemma and its from pants so need go up a size but no funds do now. But will try the petroleum jelly on weekend.

I found out i may try a cream for it before anything.