*Please Share* Your Bedwetting Stories Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlejunior1982

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Just wondering if Bedwetters would like to share there true stories on how they become a bedwetter ?

This is just very interesting to know on what people use to do

Thank you for sharing :)

Well I've always had bladder weakness issues, which temporarily got better in my late teens. After going through a very difficult time in my life (5 deaths in 18 months) I became very upset and stressed and drank a lot, which caused me to start having occasional accidents. The fact I already enjoyed nappies meant that wearing wasn't a problem for me. Now it's gotten to the point where I don't go to bed without a nappy on, otherwise the fear of having an accident will keep me awake and if I do manage to fall asleep, the stress will cause me to wet. I sleep much, much better now that I don't wake at night to use the toilet and I can honestly say that I'm glad this has happened to me because now I consistently sleep better than I ever have done. Being a bedwetter might have it's occasional problems but now that I'm over it, the benefits far outweigh any complications :)

Reactions: Littlerhinoabdl
I wet the bed when I don't have my diaper on at night. But then it happens most often when I drink something before bed. Nobody in the world would ever know I'm a bedwetter.. :) I'm not ashamed of it though.

Had this problem since I was a child. Many embarrassing nights when younger, seemed to get better in my teens. I learned to deal with it several years ago although I don't know if I've always been AB/DL because of this or if it's just coincidence. I am diapered every night now. Sometimes I'll go weeks without wetting and sometimes I'll wet 5 nights in a row. Liquid intake affects this a little, I have dehydrated myself on purpose to alleviate this, didn't help. My wife doesn't mind this and on occasion she will wear one too!

Wet occasionally off and on for 50 years most of the time sort of on purpose last ten years or so have had more then a few accidents , for the last year or so have worn every night and am wet more often then not when I wake up. Sometime asleep when I wet when I wet most often wake up pee and go back to sleep. Keep the bed well protected and wife is ok with this arrangement.

I was a late developer when it came to potty training and was in nappies until I was about 5 and a lot longer at night. I was a chronic bedwetter as a child and throughout my teens. My Mother tried everything to get me dry at night but nothing worked. The medical proffesion weren't much use back then "Oh he'll grow out of it in his own time" was the stock answer back then. I did have an alarm for a short while but I was such a heavy and deep sleeper I had always soaked the bed and woke the whole hose by the time it woke me, so it was deemed a waste of time. I was chastised, ridiculed and punished for my constant bedwetting to no avail. Eventually at 15 following yet another visit to the Doctors I was refered to the continence nurse and for the first time my Mother got some practical help although there was no help to cure my problem. For the first time I had a proper fitted cover for my bed and was given some poorley fitting blue disposable nappies. They were not very good and often leaked but at least it was something. I wore them at night until I finally became dry in my early 20's.
Even after that all through my adult life I had episodes of bedwetting sometimes just the odd night and sometimes it would be several nights in a row. My bedwetting came back with a vengence when I turned 50 and I am back to nightly wetting now and sleep in nappies to help keep our bed dry. I was diagnosed as having some nerve damage due to my diabetes. I am lucky as my bedwetting doesn't bother my wife at all and we still sleep together. She always says as long as I don't wet her side of the bed it doesn't matter to her.

Last edited:
Without going into too many details, on and off I've had really bad nightmares, and I'll have accidents at night. Started in high school and has kept going on and off from there. I kept it from my parents, so after getting tired of sneaking to do my own laundry, that's when I started experimenting with nighttime protection.

I have been a bedwetter for the past 2 years ever since I started using a cpap machine for sleep apnea. It varies between 1-6 times a month. I think it's dependant on how much I drink and what I drink. I also take melatonin and since starting that a year ago I've noticed that I'm more likely to wet with this 3 way combo of these things. I'm at the point now where I don't want to sleep undiapered just in case.

Last edited:
I have had a week bladder since I was 8 years old. On and off wetting problems from 8 to about 16 or 17 then only one or twice every 2 to 3 months. Then in my 30 starting having problems again by the time I reached my middle 50's started wetting day and night went into diapers full time as time went on I went into full retention and had to start self catheting up to 8 times a day. The last 4 years have had a foley catheter so no need for diapers I am now 68 and soon will be 69.

Well my bed wetting started pretty much when I was out of diapers. As toddler I wet, like most do. But I continued to wet until I was 14. This was due to me having ADHD. I was told by a doctor of psychology that it is normal for people it ADHD to be bedwetters. But that's not the only thing that was causing my bedwetting. As a child, I was severely abused sexually, mentally, physically. Kids that go through that, are more likely statistically to be bedwetters. And the last thing was being born 3 months premature. That is a factor too.

So when I turned 10, my doctor had put me on a medication called imipramine. It's an antidepressant that treats bedwetting and ADHD. Well I took that for years and it slowed down the bedwetting, but never completely eradicated it. For a while from the time that I was 19 to when I was roughly 26, my bedwetting was pretty much gone. When I was 26 years old, one night I was sleeping and dreamed I had to go to the bathroom, and it wasn't a dream. It was real. But for some reason my brain wasn't sending the message to my body to get up and go potty. So wet the bed. At first I thought that this was only a one time isolated event. But it happened several times over the next few weeks. So, I went to the doctor. They ordered a sleep study for me. So of course I wet then too. But thank goodness at the clinic where I took the sleep study, they knew that I wet. So they had me put on a diaper. That was my first introduction adult diapers. I remember feeling kind of odd at first wearing a diaper. Anyway, the sleep test indicated that it's my ADHD again causing the bedwetting. So they wanted to put on an adult dosage of imipramine. Well being the kind of person I am, I asked a million and one questions about the side effects. I was asked what were the options. The doctor said that I could use a bedwetting alarm mat. I hate those because I already have night time anxiety periodically. That would just scare the holy crud out of me and trigger an anxiety attack. The final option was for me to wear "adult briefs" as the doctor referred to them. Since I already had wore one at the sleep study, I figured to myself that'd be the best option. So here I an 9 years later still happily wearing diapers at night.

Reactions: pisseuolit
Hello All,

Well for me my wetting problems started when I was 13. My parents had just recently divorced, my ADHD was playing it's part, my PTSD was a problem but yet hadn't gotten way out of control (that wouldn't happen till I was 17) and the nightmares were causing bed wetting due to being purely scared pee-less. And the last issue was the physical abuse going on at the time from my dad who was a abusive drunk, by bullies at school and by the special education staff. Anyway, the wetting started out shortly after my dad got his own apartment and custody of me and my brother. It started out only 1-3 times a week. But soon it was every day. At first I was just washing my clothes in the washer we had in our apartment. So I was able to keep it secret as my dad worked a lot so I was often left home alone. I would have told my parents, but I was terrified of being hit and punished over it. My brother was punished with diapers and hit for his bed wetting till he was 9. So I didn't want any of that. So I decided to keep it secret.

After 6 months or so of daily washing of sheets I was in the dollar store getting some soda and happened to walk down the baby isle toward the front of the store and noticed diapers. I decided to give them a shot. They were extra large toddler diapers. I got home and found they just barely fit me. But because of how cheap they were, I would have to get up in the middle of the night to change them as they wouldn't hold up all night in the same diaper. And at 4 for a dollar, they were something I could afford. But as I said, I was afraid of my dad finding out. He found one diaper once and called me into the living room. He was screaming at me "I better not find another fu***ing diaper. I am NOT raising another fu***ing baby!". He threw the diaper into the trash can and sent me to bed. So I continued to wear diapers in secret.

My mom got custody though when I was 16 and things got more difficult. She was around home more so I had to get smart at sneaking diapers in and out. I only got caught a hand full of times. We were living in a small motel room so wasn't a huge supply of hiding places. There was a large room, a kitchen and a bathroom. So since the bathroom had a window I would hang a plastic bag with a diaper in it off a nail and then when I went in the house I would open the window, pull in the bag and hide the diapers in the bathroom. I would put a diaper on right before getting into bed and in the morning would stash the wet diapers till I got home from school. Then I would hang the wet diaper out the window in a bag, and swap the wet diaper with a clean one and swap them out later. It worked well for the most part.

But as I said, my mom caught me a few times finding diapers in the bathroom and threatening "if I EVER find diapers again, I am going to throw them on the front lawn and tell everyone their yours!". It just made me work better at hiding my diapers. And the need for them picked up shortly later when during a incident of abuse I was left paralyzed. I regained the ability to walk, but was left with nerve damage causing severe pain and made the wetting much worse. Not to mention the abuse worst of the abuse went on from age 16-18 which caused the PTSD that I was able to handle and made it 10 times worse and along with the nerve damage the nightmares also did it's part to make the wetting worse.

Then in early 2000 (age 20/21) I began having trouble with day time wetting accidents. What started out as small accidents once in awhile and urgency soon was daily accidents leaving me with no choice but to go to wearing diapers during the day too. And at this point, still living at home I couldn't hide the diaper use anymore and broke it to my mom what the diapers have been around since I was 13.

She thought I just had a diaper fetish. She didn't know I was having wetting problems. And she at one time thought I was faking bed wetting to justify wearing diapers until she saw the prescription for the diapers from the doctor, which you can't get without having a legit wetting issue. Since then, I have been in diapers 24/7. And as the years have passed I have continued to lose bladder control. And as of last year decided to say screw up and went fully urinary diaper dependent. In all, it was only one-two more diaper changes per day to go fully urinary diaper dependent. So wasn't a huge change to my daily system of diapering. And so kind of a long story, that's been my basic history/battle with bed wetting.

-Stanley

bohemian85 said:
Well I've always had bladder weakness issues, which temporarily got better in my late teens. After going through a very difficult time in my life (5 deaths in 18 months) I became very upset and stressed and drank a lot, which caused me to start having occasional accidents. The fact I already enjoyed nappies meant that wearing wasn't a problem for me. Now it's gotten to the point where I don't go to bed without a nappy on, otherwise the fear of having an accident will keep me awake and if I do manage to fall asleep, the stress will cause me to wet. I sleep much, much better now that I don't wake at night to use the toilet and I can honestly say that I'm glad this has happened to me because now I consistently sleep better than I ever have done. Being a bedwetter might have it's occasional problems but now that I'm over it, the benefits far outweigh any complications :)
I'd rather wet the bed and get a good nights sleep.

That was actually a heart touching story. Bravo to you being strong. Very much so.

@ Stanley - Wow. What a story. That must have been very difficult, and I'm sure that things must still be very hard sometimes. It must have taken a lot of courage, and strength to get through such a bad situation and upbringing, as well as to keep going after. Thanks for sharing. Best of wishes! :hugattack:

I've been through a lot of stress and trauma myself as a child. I was raped, molested, abused, beaten, and basically treated like a sex slave for 4 years of my childhood. Tossed around from family to family when I was in foster care. When I would wet the bed as a child one thing in one home I was in they would do is my foster father and his two older sons would take turns peeing on my to teach me a lesson. :(

I would also get beaten for wetting the bed. I have ADHD and wetting the bed was sort of par for the course when it came to that. But I wasn't actually diagnosed with ADHD until I was like 9 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back