Your oldest Teddy/Plushie/Soft Toy/Cuddle Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Favorite Teddy of 30 + years

This is a rather interesting post. To those who truly know me, they know that "Teddy Bear Cowboy" means a lot more about me than just an avatar name. For me, I have a particular teddy bear that represents truly my inner little person, as well as the cuddly soft furry cowboy that I am. Yes, I am a real cowboy and at the present time I am busy as all get out with springtime and calving season and all the associated work with being on a ranch.

But I digress... My teddy bear that I hold very close is named Dillon, and I have had him since the 1980's. He is a Mervyn's Floppy Friends white teddy bear and they are very hard to come across if you are trying to find one. He is approximately 24 inches in size which is just right for snuggling with. He is undoubtedly my very best friend and knows more of my secrets and who I am than anyone else does.

:detective3 TeddyBearCowboy

image.jpg
Wuzzles: Hoppopotumus, Rhinokey, Bumblelion. (1984)
image.jpg
Care Bears. Various years and types. Bright Heart Raccoon -one up front to the right- is from 1984. Bedtime Bear -in back, boxed- is a Collectors Edition with Swavorski Crystal eyes and a Sterling Silver nose and is from 2008.
image.jpg
Various ones: Mokey Fraggle collectors edition -Muppet with light blue hair-, Alice Snuffleupagus -light brown fur, blue bow on her head- and Eeyore - got him from the Disney Store at Disneyland ages ago-.
image.jpg
Pillow Plush Care Bears, a giraffe and tiger. What my bed looks like before sleepy bye every night.

Just about hangin on is a wee stuffed cat made by my aunty Mo when i was two or three, plus a teddy bear made in Norn ireland which was a present from my grandma around the same time.

Dear, sweet, littledude :

I have two cuddle bears, SPROUT, which I have had for about three years, and TED E. BEAR, I got him when I was in the hospital a long time ago. SPROUT sits on my pillows on my bed, and TED E. BEAR, ( The elder ) sits on my couch because he's four and a half feet high. both are my cuddle bears, and I can't sleep without them, ( I get scared ).

Jaymegurl

I wouldn't say my oldest, but I have had my stuffed Giraffe named Gelly Bean for about 5 years now! I got her around my last year of high school, and I have loved her ever since! Just earlier I took a half-country trip to New York, and took her with me to keep me company ^-^

I have (somewhere, I can't find him!) a potbelly bear that I've had since- well I don't know, birth probably. He lost his nose somewhere, and my mom had to sew up his rear-end at one point no questions asked. Can't remember if he ever had a name, and now I'm really longing to find him.

goodnitesgirl said:
That is so sad. My mom did something similar she cleared out my dolls and stuffed animals while I was at school. I came home to find them out on the curb for the garbageman.

That's a painful memory to deal with. My wife's mom did the same by giving all of Mrs Bluegrey's dolls to the neighbor girls who had none. Within 3 days they were all out in the mud and then tossed in the trash. She still feels the loss. Last Christmas I bought here a Barbie Bride, which sits on the dresser.

Littledude92: I recently got a monkey from Toys R Us. At first he kept falling out of bed, but he seems to have gotten better at holding on during the night. Hey, that's a cute baby mouse avatar.

BlueGrey said:
That's a painful memory to deal with. My wife's mom did the same by giving all of Mrs Bluegrey's dolls to the neighbor girls who had none. Within 3 days they were all out in the mud and then tossed in the trash. She still feels the loss. Last Christmas I bought here a Barbie Bride, which sits on the dresser.

Littledude92: I recently got a monkey from Toys R Us. At first he kept falling out of bed, but he seems to have gotten better at holding on during the night. Hey, that's a cute baby mouse avatar.

Yeah its not nice when parents decide when to get rid of your stuff.

I don't have any stuffies/plushies from my childhood, so my oldest plushie is my Snivy (named Leafy!).

I got him 5 years ago, just before I went to University. I took him with me and he lived on my bed for the whole year, and slept with me every night! :)

I had a few questions from my flat-mates, but I don't think they suspected anything! (or at least I hope they didn't!).

My oldest plushie that I have is my Torchic plush that I got back in 03 or 04.

I still have a very small blue and white bear with a candy cane button on his chest. I instantly named him Candycane. 3 year old me was very proud of coming up with the name all by myself.

Hey :)
My oldest one is also my very first one: A "Sigikid" Bear named Mimi. I got for my birth so it is 24 years old as well. But it is very fragile so I keep it in a closet because I am afraid it will break.

My oldest plush toy as a Little is Balu - a mix between Bear and Tiger ^^ I got him when I was about 16. So he is turning 9 this year :) I have been cuddling with him every night since then. :)

Cheers,
Luci

My very oldest stuffed animal is a plain brown teddy bear. My mother bought him for me at a yard sale when I was really little for a quarter. His name is Lala. I was a weird kid. XD

I still have a monkey plush that I got when I was born. I actually have an old family photo of me as a baby with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back