Your oldest Teddy/Plushie/Soft Toy/Cuddle Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Panda is 23! I got him when I was about 18 months old at a school fair. He's in a remarkably good state for someone who's been cuddled relentlessly and occasionally played in a muddy garden. He means a very lot to me, and I hope we can be lifelong friends! :)

How long have you been collecting them?

By serious means? I guess about 7 years or so an thank you me too! I'm also a Fraggle Rock nut and I only have Mokey Fraggle as a plush. I'd love to get the main cast.

I still sleep with my pillow, I have it from the day I'm born

I still have a handful of stuff animals ("plushie" is too modern a term for me) that date from my infancy, including:
  • A mouse (creatively named "mouse") whose felt ears are distinctly elongated because I used to stretch them and suck on them when I was a baby.
  • A small Snoopy
  • A small Winnie the Pooh ("Poo Poo Bear").

My parents have more, which I'm sure I'll receive at some point.

Poor old Pooh was the bane of my dad's existence when I was a young child. Seeing Pooh somersault through the air, head over feet, made me laugh and laugh, and so I was always throwing him around. At the time, my parents lived in an enormous old log cabin, and my dad had hung a wooden boat from the ceiling in the entry. And so, inevitably, Pooh end up flying into the boat on numerous occasions, requiring my dad to go and get a ladder. Apparently, after one of these incidents, Pooh was confiscated, only to be swiftly given back when I started crying.

That sounds lovely :) I had a Papa Smurf when I was a baby that I remember never going anywhere without, but sadly he is long lost..

Where I currently live all my plushies are relatively new. I think the oldest is 8 years old. At my parents house, though, there's still a little stuffed rabbit with one crooked ear (I tore it and my mom could only stitch it back on at an angle) sitting on a shelf. He's about 24 years old and spent a good 15 of those years with me every single night.

I have only one at this time and he (a teddy bear) is only a few years old. I'm jealous of all you that have older plushies or ones from your childhood.

I have had some all my life, but of the ones I use regularly, 7 years. It is a penguin the about the size of my torso, and I have had to re-stuff him once. I basically cuddle with him every night.

I still sleep with my "Baby George" doll that I had in babyhood. I also used to have a Grover stuffed animal that I got A LOT of mileage out of before my folks finally tossed him. Actually, George doesn't look so hot anymore, either, as he's missing an arm and a leg. Then again, his sleeping buddy has a lot less hair than he did 38 years ago. ;)

I still have my plushies from the early 70's, I love them so much it's almost unhealthy... :/

my teddy bear turns 51 this summer, I have had him since I was 1 year old, he still wears pjs and cloths that my mom made back then to.

The oldest teddy I have by far is...well, teddy. He was a three-day-old gift from my second cousin, store bought or homemade(Story differs depending on who you ask). It's funny cause he was too big to cuddle up with as a baby/toddler but now he's the perfect size :)

My oldest Cuddle buddy is older than I am. He used to be an older sibling's I just called him Blue or puppy. He's an old stuffed blue puppy with yellow for inside his floppy ears. this year he turns 30.

i still have 3 of my teddys that were given to me by family when i was born. and i have one huge teddy that was given to me by my grandfather when i first started putting on weight after all my health problems when i was born. so all together 4 teddies that i have had for as long as i can remember. i also have 2 blankies from when i was about 3

My "Bowwow" turned 30 in December. I will be 30 on the 15th. My favorite aunt (now deceased) gave him to my mom for me the Christmas before I was born. I still hold him and rub his ear at night when I am at home.

Babbey was given to me when I was a couple days old, and I still have her. She now has a new dress (that my mum made her a couple years ago), and we still have very animated conversations (she's basically the vehicle for my inner kid). I love her to the ends of the Earth and beyond.

sbuck1963 said:
my teddy bear turns 51 this summer, I have had him since I was 1 year old, he still wears pjs and cloths that my mom made back then to.

That's some serious old world craftsmanship right there. Those jammies were made to last. LOL

I think I got mine when I was two years old. He's a anthro grey dog with black floppy ears and a red plaid bow tie. I named him Pup Dog. He's been in the attic for a few years, I keep meaning to bring him down. I miss him, he was my favorite one.

Unfortunately when I was younger my parents go rid of all of my plushies that I got when I was growing up saying I was too old for them but you are never too old for plushies. Now to answer you question the oldest one that I currently have I got 3 years ago when I got into being and AB/DL. I have acquired more but the it's my first that I bought from Toys R Us.

My oldest is a Cabbage patch doll I got in the Mid 80's. She was one of the only ones that did not get thrown away when I moved of of my parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back