Not open for further replies.

Shyanne

Baby Foxtaur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Lately I seem to be having nothing but issues with diapers. Um..let me start at my first issue.

1. I can't ever get diapers to fit me good. I'm a size 40 mens or size 20W womens and most diapers are either too small or too big. I've tried alot of different ones, Northshore was too big, Bambinos were too big, Waddlers were too big. Dry 24/7 mediums fit alright..Wellness briefs fit ok..but still kind of loose. Maybe it's the way I diaper myself? Since I don't have anyone to change me.. (v.v) I usually try leaning against the wall. Since I'm kind of big..if I try laying down, I can't see and am doing it blind..But when I change myself, it feels tight..but then when i go to move around it gets looser again.. I usually have to wear tight boxer briefs over them just to hold them up. (I don't have a diaper cover or anything..)

2. I get irritation (rash?) all the time. I'm not quite sure if it's diaper rash or not..but i always get it right on the upper insides of my thighs. I usually put Desitin on it and it goes away in a day usually but it's still sore and red for a day. I'm not sure if it's cause of the diaper rubbing against the sensitive skin there or if its diaper rash. I wore to bed last night and I toss and turn alot in bed, and when I woke up I had the irritation again. It seems to happen more when I wear it to bed than when im just sitting around in one. Any recommendations on what I can do to prevent this?

Shyanne said:
Lately I seem to be having nothing but issues with diapers. Um..let me start at my first issue.

1. I can't ever get diapers to fit me good. I'm a size 40 mens or size 20W womens and most diapers are either too small or too big. I've tried alot of different ones, Northshore was too big, Bambinos were too big, Waddlers were too big. Dry 24/7 mediums fit alright..Wellness briefs fit ok..but still kind of loose. Maybe it's the way I diaper myself? Since I don't have anyone to change me.. (v.v) I usually try leaning against the wall. Since I'm kind of big..if I try laying down, I can't see and am doing it blind..But when I change myself, it feels tight..but then when i go to move around it gets looser again.. I usually have to wear tight boxer briefs over them just to hold them up. (I don't have a diaper cover or anything..)

2. I get irritation (rash?) all the time. I'm not quite sure if it's diaper rash or not..but i always get it right on the upper insides of my thighs. I usually put Desitin on it and it goes away in a day usually but it's still sore and red for a day. I'm not sure if it's cause of the diaper rubbing against the sensitive skin there or if its diaper rash. I wore to bed last night and I toss and turn alot in bed, and when I woke up I had the irritation again. It seems to happen more when I wear it to bed than when im just sitting around in one. Any recommendations on what I can do to prevent this?

I have a 40" waist also and I wear A+ level 4's with no problem fitting. I only use them for morning/daytime wear. The rest of the
time I'm in cloth diapers. As for the rash/chafing issue do you use any powder. I had a slight problem with a rash last year. I cleared
it up with Balmex rash cream. I also switched to J&J cornstarch powder from talc. Now I use only the cornstarch powder and haven't
had any problems with a rash. I also switched to PUL panties and the leg elastics are a lot softer than the ones on my plastic pants.

I cant help much for diaper size and fit.
Tho, I know about the putting on a new diaper, its snug at first then gets very loose soon after.
A condition I have makes it do that all the time and I Know of no way to get around it.

As for the rash, is it in the diaper area, or just outside of it?
Inside not much you can do, but keep powdered, or baby lotion.

Do you toss a lot at night?
Sounds like it could be from irritation, and rubbing against the plastic.

If just on the outside, I would say rub powder on area around diaper, and maybe a lil on the diaper it self.
Can also try baby lotion/oil see if that helps.

I use J&J lavender and chamomile cornstarch baby powder.
It seems better for me than talic, and the sent of it is nice too.

oleman72 said:
I have a 40" waist also and I wear A+ level 4's with no problem fitting. I only use them for morning/daytime wear. The rest of the
time I'm in cloth diapers. As for the rash/chafing issue do you use any powder. I had a slight problem with a rash last year. I cleared
it up with Balmex rash cream. I also switched to J&J cornstarch powder from talc. Now I use only the cornstarch powder and haven't
had any problems with a rash. I also switched to PUL panties and the leg elastics are a lot softer than the ones on my plastic pants.

Hrm I never heard of A+ diapers before? I use powder in the diaper..but not on my thighs..but i should try that i guess.. Whats the difference between cornstarch and talc powder? and does the panties you speak of hold up the diaper?

StargazerBleu said:
I cant help much for diaper size and fit.
Tho, I know about the putting on a new diaper, its snug at first then gets very loose soon after.
A condition I have makes it do that all the time and I Know of no way to get around it.

As for the rash, is it in the diaper area, or just outside of it?
Inside not much you can do, but keep powdered, or baby lotion.

Do you toss a lot at night?
Sounds like it could be from irritation, and rubbing against the plastic.

If just on the outside, I would say rub powder on area around diaper, and maybe a lil on the diaper it self.
Can also try baby lotion/oil see if that helps.

I use J&J lavender and chamomile cornstarch baby powder.
It seems better for me than talic, and the sent of it is nice too.

It's outside of the diaper area..like right up to where the inside of the thigh rests against the diaper..

I do toss and turn alot. I lay on one side and then my ear, after some time, gets hot. So I flip to the other side where that side is cool and sleep like that..and I keep doing that alot.

ya maybe i can put some powder there..that or some lotion..

I think i got that! I bought it cause supposedly it's supposed to make u sleepy but it doesnt..but I've still been using up my old talc first before I open that one..there's a difference?

Shyanne said:
Hrm I never heard of A+ diapers before? I use powder in the diaper..but not on my thighs..but i should try that i guess.. Whats the difference between cornstarch and talc powder? and does the panties you speak of hold up the diaper?

A+ diapers are sold by XP Medical. They are XP's own design and USA made diaper. I powder around the usual area and the inside
of my thighs where the leg elastics of my PUL panties come to. Yes the PUL panties do a good job of supporting my diaper.
Plus they're breathable and a lot cooler to sleep in. I'm a side sleeper and I'll turn side to side several times during the night.
I also pee most of the time while I'm on my side with no leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shyanne said:
It's outside of the diaper area..like right up to where the inside of the thigh rests against the diaper..

I do toss and turn alot. I lay on one side and then my ear, after some time, gets hot. So I flip to the other side where that side is cool and sleep like that..and I keep doing that alot.

ya maybe i can put some powder there..that or some lotion..

I think i got that! I bought it cause supposedly it's supposed to make u sleepy but it doesnt..but I've still been using up my old talc first before I open that one..there's a difference?

I am a side sleeper too, so that can put more pressure on that area.
It doesn't happen often with me, but it will sometimes.
Keeping powdered helps me with that.

As for talc, and cornstarch powders, some take to one or the other better.
For me cornstarch kind is better, as talc can irritate me sometimes.
It just seems gentler to my skin.

oleman72 said:
A+ diapers are sold by XP Medical. They are XP's own design and USA made diaper. I powder around the usual area and the inside
of my thighs where the leg elastics of my PUL panties come to. Yes the PUL panties do a good job of supporting my diaper.
Plus they're breathable and a lot cooler to sleep in. I'm a side sleeper and I'll turn side to side several times during the night.
I also pee most of the time while I'm on my side with no leaks.

can u show me where i can buy some of those PUL panties? and ok I will try those diapers after I use up the wellness ones lol

- - - Updated - - -

StargazerBleu said:
I am a side sleeper too, so that can put more pressure on that area.
It doesn't happen often with me, but it will sometimes.
Keeping powdered helps me with that.

As for talc, and cornstarch powders, some take to one or the other better.
For me cornstarch kind is better, as talc can irritate me sometimes.
It just seems gentler to my skin.

alright thanks i'll try to put powder on that area before i go to bed then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shyanne said:
can u show me where i can buy some of those PUL panties? and ok I will try those diapers after I use up the wellness ones lol

All sorts of online stores: http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/Pull-On/Leakmaster-PUL-Pants.html
http://www.amazon.com/LeakMaster-PUL-Adult-Diaper-Pants/dp/B004NQ7JQU
http://www.llmedico.com/product/27/netti-supersoft-pul-waterproof-pull-on-pants/

Also, if your having trouble with diaper sizes, then maybe you should check the size chart first but warning that diaper sizes may vary, here's a chart of the most two that are used.

http://diaper-sizes.org/adult-diapers/
http://www.xpmedical.com/sizing.html

Your sizes for popular diapers such as the Dry 24/7's, Abena M4's, etc. It's always crucial to wear diapers snug or maybe a bit of room but never tight and don't force a big diaper on you because that will create one hell of a mess. Your a size 40" you said right? That's border line of Medium/Large so recommended diapers in that region are Bambino's, A+(Absorbency Plus), and maybe some Dry 24/7's as they stretch with their flexible wings.

To prevent rashes are a few possibilities but the most of them all is either destine cream or baby powder (I would recommend baby powder as it smells really nice and sometimes gives you that little feeling along with safe and secured armor from chemicals building up from the urine) and to also reduce some chemicals is to drink plenty of water as well, that will give you the upper edge.

I am a larger girl myself and I understand your pain of not finding diapers that fit well due to my odd shape, I'm curious though where do you usually wear your diaper at? I know alot of people like to wear them over their belly but I myself have to wear them under mine or nothing fits right at all and stretches out immediately.

LittleAyria said:
I am a larger girl myself and I understand your pain of not finding diapers that fit well due to my odd shape, I'm curious though where do you usually wear your diaper at? I know alot of people like to wear them over their belly but I myself have to wear them under mine or nothing fits right at all and stretches out immediately.

yeah I wear my under my belly as well *nods sadly*

I've also noticed something else. Normally I sleep nude, and I get good sleep that way. But when I try to go to bed while wearing diapers, I can't seem to get a very good night's sleep. That's the only thing that changes..the only thing I can think of is..I normally toss and turn alot in my sleep..maybe I do moreso cause I'm in diapers and unused to wearing clothing/diapers to bed? I don't know.. v.v

I've had this too before... but I have noticed that it gets easier to sleep in diapers the more I do it. It's kinda like trying to wet for the first time, or regressing, I suppose. It gets easier the more you do it.

I know there are a lot of members here who sleep diapered all the time, either because they have to or because they just really enjoy the comfort it gives them. On the other hand, some of us don't, and for different reasons... maybe it's hot or uncomfortable, or you just don't want to for whatever reason.

If you wanna keep at it,then it'll get easier and you may learn to love it! If not, then maybe it just isn't for you and you might wear at other times.

timidlythinking said:
I've had this too before... but I have noticed that it gets easier to sleep in diapers the more I do it. It's kinda like trying to wet for the first time, or regressing, I suppose. It gets easier the more you do it.

I know there are a lot of members here who sleep diapered all the time, either because they have to or because they just really enjoy the comfort it gives them. On the other hand, some of us don't, and for different reasons... maybe it's hot or uncomfortable, or you just don't want to for whatever reason.

If you wanna keep at it,then it'll get easier and you may learn to love it! If not, then maybe it just isn't for you and you might wear at other times.

So im not alone in this? Hrm..ok i will keep at it then! I do want to eventually so ill keep trying. I usually put some tight boxer briefs over top of my diapers when i sleep to hold them up.

Shyanne said:
So im not alone in this? Hrm..ok i will keep at it then! I do want to eventually so ill keep trying. I usually put some tight boxer briefs over top of my diapers when i sleep to hold them up.

It's not that, mostly your body is not used to sleeping with any accessories on. It's like trying to fall asleep while listening to music and since you have a diaper on while you sleep, you may not sleep as good as you normally would but it's not impossible, it just takes getting used to. In fact, I have conducted several sleep positions that work great when you sleep padded like on your stomach rather than on the sides or your legs in a curl up position, the most popular one I use is when I am on my back and I have one leg extended while the other one is half way extended, feels very relaxing to me to say the least :p

Just wait and give it some time, eventually you will adapt to it.

Snivy said:
It's not that, mostly your body is not used to sleeping with any accessories on. It's like trying to fall asleep while listening to music and since you have a diaper on while you sleep, you may not sleep as good as you normally would but it's not impossible, it just takes getting used to. In fact, I have conducted several sleep positions that work great when you sleep padded like on your stomach rather than on the sides or your legs in a curl up position, the most popular one I use is when I am on my back and I have one leg extended while the other one is half way extended, feels very relaxing to me to say the least :p

Just wait and give it some time, eventually you will adapt to it.

Well i HAVE to sleep a certain way, on my sides, with my arm under the pillow. I lay on one side for a bit but eventually my ear gets hot so i turn over to my other side where the pillow is cool and lay on that side for awhile until my ear gets hot again and ect.. That how i sleep, i cant fall asleep in any other position/way..

Is your room too warm at night? Just curious :) I have problems with the sweating and hots generally in the summer time when nothing cools my place down!

boobybird89 said:
Is your room too warm at night? Just curious :) I have problems with the sweating and hots generally in the summer time when nothing cools my place down!

not really..i got the heater going cause its like 10 degrees out with a ton of snow outside i dont think i was hot that night..

I have seen those pillows on television that are supposed to keep your head and neck cooler. I'm not sure how much they cost but maybe that would help?

boobybird89 said:
I have seen those pillows on television that are supposed to keep your head and neck cooler. I'm not sure how much they cost but maybe that would help?

Hrm possibly, I haven't been sleeping as good lately ever since I got my bed rails in sadly. v.v Also, I seem to have some sort of skin irritation/rash on the insides of my legs. They are on the middle of my legs so I don't know if it's diaper related or not and it really itches alot. :c I tried putting Desitin cream on it but it's taking awhile to go away. More issues it seems, fml.

Shyanne said:
Hrm possibly, I haven't been sleeping as good lately ever since I got my bed rails in sadly. v.v Also, I seem to have some sort of skin irritation/rash on the insides of my legs. They are on the middle of my legs so I don't know if it's diaper related or not and it really itches alot. :c I tried putting Desitin cream on it but it's taking awhile to go away. More issues it seems, fml.

Keep up with the Desitin treatment. The rash/chafing should go away in a few days. I would keep using it for a few more
days. Then I would try powder only and see what happens. I have found that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back