Pampers cruisers size 6 vs 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littleleogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I tried pampers cruisers size 6 and they barely taped up. I am wondering whether or not it's worth ordering the size 7's or if they're fairly close in size.
I'm 5'3 120 pounds 26 inch waist, any other recommendations are welcome :)

Yo! So, Cruisers 7 is 3cm (1.2") longer than Cruisers 6. That's about the only difference. I've actually managed to stretch the tapes on both of them to a full meter (40-41") apart. That does take practice, though.

It's worth noting that Cruisers 7 is the same size as Baby Dry 6 and Luvs 6, both of which are considerably easier to find in stores than Cruisers 7. The elastic on the Cruisers is slightly stretchier, but that advantage has eroded over the last two years, and is discernible only in extreme cases--like me, trying to stretch into them with 44" hips.

So you might try Baby Dry 6 before you bother ordering Cruisers 7. The differences are very, very small. As for whether that 3cm of extra length will help: It depends. If this gets the waistline of the diaper closer to your actual waist, then you'll probably be taping around a smaller part of your body, meaning you'll get a better fit. In theory. 3cm ain't a lot, though!

Ah okay! A lot of people in the abdl community make it seem like the cruisers size 7's are the only hope for finding a baby diaper that fits (besides the goodnites). I'll take a look around the stores here, I saw the baby dry size 6 at the pharmacy but they only had them in huge boxes which I figured would have been a waste if they didn't fit >.<
Thanks for all the info though, you really know your stuff haha.

Littleleogirl said:
Ah okay! A lot of people in the abdl community make it seem like the cruisers size 7's are the only hope for finding a baby diaper that fits (besides the goodnites).

It's mostly just because 7 is a bigger number than 6. :) Here are some scale images from two years ago. At that point, the wings on the then-new Cruisers "3-Way Fit" diapers were a good deal stretchier than on the other diapers, but the others have mostly caught up.

attachment.php

You can see in these images that the positions of the rear wings vary even when the diaper lengths don't. This is a batch-to-batch thing in my experience. The bag of Extra Protection I had when I took these pictures had the wings inset quite a bit, for instance.

Littleleogirl said:
I'll take a look around the stores here, I saw the baby dry size 6 at the pharmacy but they only had them in huge boxes which I figured would have been a waste if they didn't fit >.<

Yeah, don't buy a box. :) If nothing else, you might give Luvs 6 a shot, but the wings on Baby Dry are sturdier.

The difference between the two is that a Cruisers 7 actually has a chance of fitting on an adult in a proper fashion. :p

I used to fit into size 7s (previous model) but now that I've tried the latest version (with the "e" printed in the back) I've noticed that the tabs are tending to fail faster... Baby dry is my option :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back