Why am I not trying to hide it as much anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've always been super secretive of the whole abdl thing but in the last couple of weeks I've left my teddy out on my bed as well as a diaper, powder and my paci. What I can't understand is why I'm doing this. Am I subconsciously trying get caught or something? Am I just embracing who I am? I don't know. Anyone have anything similar happen?

gnd567 said:
I've always been super secretive of the whole abdl thing but in the last couple of weeks I've left my teddy out on my bed as well as a diaper, powder and my paci. What I can't understand is why I'm doing this. Am I subconsciously trying get caught or something? Am I just embracing who I am? I don't know. Anyone have anything similar happen?

Kinda? I've never, like, intentionally done things to get caught, but after I told my parents, I didn't bother hiding anything when they were helping me unpack at my new apartment. And when I had a friend over that I'd told about it, I didn't bother putting away my footie PJs or my plushies. So, maybe if you're feeling like you really want to tell someone, or if you've been actually talking about it more with other people, perhaps you're being more casual with your stuff?

ArchieRoni said:
Kinda? I've never, like, intentionally done things to get caught, but after I told my parents, I didn't bother hiding anything when they were helping me unpack at my new apartment. And when I had a friend over that I'd told about it, I didn't bother putting away my footie PJs or my plushies. So, maybe if you're feeling like you really want to tell someone, or if you've been actually talking about it more with other people, perhaps you're being more casual with your stuff?

I haven't actually told anyone about abdl other then here. I am sure my mom knows about the diapers and baby things (though nothing has ever been said or even hinted at) and I know my dad saw my teddy but all he said was "I didn't know you had a bear."

I've noticed myself get more careless as well. I've ruled out a couple of possibilities: One, we could just be feeling bold. Two, deep down we want to be caught just to get the burden of secrecy off our shoulders. I know for a fact that I would never be looked upon the same way again if my friends and family knew about this side of me, but a part of me wants to test that and just have everyone carry on like it's nothing. Alas, it's but a pipe dream, at least for me that is.

Just letting you know...I was a victim and I left my door wide open and got caught because of a careless mistake (And I was a dumbass for it) so I would be careful if I were you...the outcome was not pretty at all.

I think the longer we live with a behaviour, the more we relax about it, and the more 'normalised' our brain becomes about it. I'm more open about discussing my Little side, and even having plushies visible in my room than I would've been a few years back. I think it's a combination of realising that a lot of the anxiety about being caught is mostly internal, and an acceptance that this is simply part of who you are as an individual.

If someone close to me 'found out' I was ABDL at 16, I'd have been mortified. At 24, there's a reasonable chance I've chosen to tell that person a bit about my ABDL tendencies. It's still not something I'd shout from the rooftops about, but I've gone from hiding it, to just being discreet about being an AB.

I would think that it is both a need for others to know, and a need to feel like it is a normal thing to be AB/DL. I felt the same way a lot in the past and then I stopped worrying about hiding things in my room. I think you start to develop an attitude where you might say, "this is my room, i deserve to be comfortable in it, so I don't want to feel like I have to hide in my own room."

That kind of a mentality is correct, but it is only safe in certain circumstances. Id say it probably isn't safe with parents, because you are better off letting them know in person, in my opinion, although you might not want them to know at all. It is also not safe if you live with somebody that might do something to ruin your life with the knowledge. When I moved out, I told my friend who I was moving in with about my little side and he was cool about it. However a bunch of the other guys I knew didn't know. I slowly got more and more bold in my room, stuffed animals everywhere, leaving bottles out, diapers not horribly well hidden. I eventually got cute wall stickers and a baby mobile. Some of the people I lived with asked me about it, others just observed and said nothing. I knew I was with people who wouldn't really do anything detrimental, so it was worth it to me to feel comfortable in my room.

Sometimes you have to live your dream and feel a little more like your room is actually a nursery. That is what I think that it is, at least that is what it was for me. I'd decide though if you really want your parents to find out this way. You may want to wait on exposure until you move out.

well for me wen I find friends and some family that was ok with my AB DL. I began test water's on how open I can be with them. for some people they ware ok with knowing but to keep it to myself but some people ok with let me be me. So ya over time I did become moor open with my AB/DL side. at this point my ab dl lifestyle is not a big secret.

Tyger said:
I would think that it is both a need for others to know, and a need to feel like it is a normal thing to be AB/DL. I felt the same way a lot in the past and then I stopped worrying about hiding things in my room. I think you start to develop an attitude where you might say, "this is my room, i deserve to be comfortable in it, so I don't want to feel like I have to hide in my own room."

That kind of a mentality is correct, but it is only safe in certain circumstances. Id say it probably isn't safe with parents, because you are better off letting them know in person, in my opinion, although you might not want them to know at all. It is also not safe if you live with somebody that might do something to ruin your life with the knowledge. When I moved out, I told my friend who I was moving in with about my little side and he was cool about it. However a bunch of the other guys I knew didn't know. I slowly got more and more bold in my room, stuffed animals everywhere, leaving bottles out, diapers not horribly well hidden. I eventually got cute wall stickers and a baby mobile. Some of the people I lived with asked me about it, others just observed and said nothing. I knew I was with people who wouldn't really do anything detrimental, so it was worth it to me to feel comfortable in my room.

Sometimes you have to live your dream and feel a little more like your room is actually a nursery. That is what I think that it is, at least that is what it was for me. I'd decide though if you really want your parents to find out this way. You may want to wait on exposure until you move out.

Makes sense. I've toned it down and put everything away except teddy. I don't why I am trying to be so bold. I just want acceptance. These feelings have been with me everyday since I was 3.

I get careless with mine. My parents know I wear them so I don't really have to hide it. I can take my trash out without worrying about being questioned or being in my room and change without worrying about someone coming in. I left my bag of dirty diapers in the garage after emptying my diaper pail and boy did my mom have a talk with me about it because it stunk up the whole garage and the bag was popped open and one of the diapers was open showing what I did in it. She told me she didn't want me sharing any information about my personal choice and I told her I wasn't sharing it and she said leaving it out in the garage with a diaper open with poop in it is sharing it with her. That was me there being careless because I am not stressed about keeping it hidden to not get caught.

gnd567 said:
Makes sense. I've toned it down and put everything away except teddy. I don't why I am trying to be so bold. I just want acceptance. These feelings have been with me everyday since I was 3.

I know how you feel, good idea about teddy, people can usually handle that much

Hmm, interesting. There was a point about a year or so ago where I became comfortable with who I was and I sat down with my mother and explained my feelings to her. I wanted to let her know. I would not recommend doing such things but that is what I did. She was accepting of it, but I don't flaunt it now since it's still not something that she is extremely comfortable with. But I do wear diapers only under clothes like my footies. She was always used to those since she got me some as Christmastimes gifts in years past. I keep my cloth diapers in my diaper draw and and my pack of disposables under my extra bed. On my extra bed is where all my plushies sit. All my close friends know I like plushies and footie pjs, but only one of them knows about the diaper thing. I mostly have the diapers hidden from them when they come over. As for washing diapers. I make my own special diaper load when she is out of the house. so my mom doesn't have to see them. She knows about them, but it's always better to not have them about. There is a big part of me that want's to tell the rest of my close friends, but in all reality there is no need.

My wife buys me a lot of my stuff as gifts, so obviously she's accepting, but the rest of my family has no knowledge. They sometimes will just pop over as one son lives about a mile away. I hate having to quickly hide things, or have time to hide when others are coming over, but it's something I continue to do. There are some things I don't always hide like my plushies, and the sippy cups stay in the cupboard. Sometimes questions are asked and I come up with excuses, and I'm tired of it. I probably will continue with this charade, but who knows.

BordercollieTrigger said:
I can't ever keep it secret anymore no space to keep it discrete in my room every nook and cranny is used up. Im serious but my parents know now am one and accept it. They just don't want to know what i do i keep it to self.

That's the same here. My mom knows and is accepting, but she doesn't want to see me in a diaper or cuddling with my plushies (nor would I want her to). The most I ever do is lounge around or study in my footies. She has surprised me with gifts on special occasions like coloring books. And last Easter she gave me a Peter Rabbit Easter bunny that came with a little story book. Those are just little ways I think that she shows support.

Paddedwolf said:
That's the same here. My mom knows and is accepting, but she doesn't want to see me in a diaper or cuddling with my plushies (nor would I want her to). The most I ever do is lounge around or study in my footies. She has surprised me with gifts on special occasions like coloring books. And last Easter she gave me a Peter Rabbit Easter bunny that came with a little story book. Those are just little ways I think that she shows support.
That sounds nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back