Bed Rails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of the Regalo extra long take down bed rails that I sometimes use on my bed. It has a cloth mesh inside a metal frame. Great for travelling too.

Well I took my mattress off and I tried loosening the rails a bit..but that didnt really solve the blanket issues, so I tightened em back up so they are snug against my bed. I guess it's not that big a deal, just means I have to wrestle with the bedsheets a bit moreso than normal..it'll be better once it warms up, when I won't have fifteen bloody blankets on my bed. Lol now to see about getting some crib toys for the rails and such! :)

IMG_5924.jpg

ZombifiedKitty said:
I have one of the Regalo extra long take down bed rails that I sometimes use on my bed. It has a cloth mesh inside a metal frame. Great for travelling too.

Ya I seen alot of those available but I dont know, I am a fan of the metal rail ones more. :)

I don't have to hunt to find my pacifier as much...always right there against the mesh :p

Shyanne said:
very nice! ur bed rails don't look like they get in the way of your bedsheets like mine do..Are yours plastic or metal?

My safety bed rails are 100% steel, painted white. They were originally purchased for my late Mom, who was disabled after having leg/toe amputations. Then were used by my late Dad, and now they are mine.

Of course, my parents were elderly when they used these bed safety rails.

Well ever since I got the rails, I haven't been sleeping as good as I used to before I got them. I was hoping I'd be able to get used to it but so far it doesn't seem that way. I wake up and my neck and back are pretty sore and stiff. v.v I don't know how to fix it, I was hoping itd eventually go away..

Do you rest your pillow where it is in that pic when you sleep? Know that could explain the soreness if it was the case.. I sleep flat on my back or stomach despite having something behind me to lean on..

an is that a Sailor Moon poster on the right? :) I loooove Sailor Mars <3

boobybird89 said:
Do you rest your pillow where it is in that pic when you sleep? Know that could explain the soreness if it was the case.. I sleep flat on my back or stomach despite having something behind me to lean on..

an is that a Sailor Moon poster on the right? :) I loooove Sailor Mars <3

No i usually have the pillow laying down flat and thats a Nisekoi poster i think..

Shows what I know lol :) I've seen somewhere saying lying on your side like that on a normal pillow can throw your body out of adjustment and make you wake up with a sore neck. That pillow I mentioned in the other thread, I believe it alleviates that too.. I'm sure there's a name for it, I'll let you know exactly..

It's Temperpedic, I believe that's what the pillow is called.. memory foam that keeps your head in alignment with the neck and back so it doesn't get sore..

ZombifiedKitty said:

That's the same kind I just got. You really like yours? I haven't used mine yet. I'm waiting for a few weeks when I'll get to visit a friend & we'll get to use them together.

boobybird89 said:
Shows what I know lol :) I've seen somewhere saying lying on your side like that on a normal pillow can throw your body out of adjustment and make you wake up with a sore neck. That pillow I mentioned in the other thread, I believe it alleviates that too.. I'm sure there's a name for it, I'll let you know exactly..

It's Temperpedic, I believe that's what the pillow is called.. memory foam that keeps your head in alignment with the neck and back so it doesn't get sore..

Hem i will try to find it but im not sure what its called or what it looks like?

Well im not so sure its my pillow thats at fault, ive had it for more than 3 years without discomfort. It would also be a great coincidence if suddenly my pillow got wprn out right when i got bedrails installed. Maybe its cause i toss and turn alot and i got to turn over more since my body cant hang off the bed a lil when i do? I probably wouldnt have this issue if the bed was bigger? I dont know, somehow it feels like my neck/pillow feels different but how can that be effected by the rails?

No idea. :( I don't have rails on my bed to test that theory. Mine looks to be twin size, guessing yours isn't any bigger? I don't have any soreness so, IDK to be honest.

Mattew said:
That's the same kind I just got. You really like yours? I haven't used mine yet. I'm waiting for a few weeks when I'll get to visit a friend & we'll get to use them together.

You're probably going to assemble it wrong a couple times if you don't read the instructions. My step #1 is always dispose of the instructions first. Not being able to hang an arm off the bed takes some getting used to, and it isn't really meant for use with a box spring. You can flip the anchors so they point down and that seems to work ok with a box spring. I don't bother with the stow away feature it has, I just take it out and partially disassemble it in that case.

Otherwise yeah. It feels safe and cozy. Makes a good towel rack sometimes. And it is usually less shockingly cold with the fabric on it.

Ok, thanks. I can't wait to try them out. Yeah I will sometimes hang my arm off the bed, but usually it's one of my legs. So that will take some getting use to.

I hope u get better sleep with urs than i have had.. *sighs*

Hrm ok well i took off my bed rails last night..as a experiment, i left the bars under the matress and just took the rails off, and i did sleep better. So im thinking its more a thing i need to get used to type of thing. Without the bars i have more room to turn over, and i can lay my arm out off the sides, plus im not fighting with the covers so much. But i did feel more unsafe without the rails there..i think its just a habit im gonna have to break and keep trying to get used to it.

Falling out of bed scares me but then I fell off a top bunk and split my head open as a youngen (that'll scare you out of it for sure). I'd try bed rails but I toss and turn like the ocean and I'd most likely smack my elbow or leg on it during the night and give myself boo boos.

boobybird89 said:
Falling out of bed scares me but then I fell off a top bunk and split my head open as a youngen (that'll scare you out of it for sure). I'd try bed rails but I toss and turn like the ocean and I'd most likely smack my elbow or leg on it during the night and give myself boo boos.

Thats why youd need to wrap the bars in something soft lol but ya i toss and turn too

Good point lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back