Double Diapered

Does diaper thickness matter to you when resting/sleeping?

• Yes

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DareYouToMove

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello folks,

It has been a while since I've been on ADISC here, but I'd like to start off my time back with a question.

I've become increasingly unhappy with the thickness of my diapers, as in I've been yearning to get to the point where I almost literally have to waddle in order to walk, or at the very least can't shut my legs while laying down. I've always been a fan of the Bambino Classico diaper, but lately I've been finding myself putting on a cloth diaper, and then a Classico on over that. It gives me just enough of a thickness to where I am comfortable sleeping, walking around, etc. Just definitely not in public, I haven't gotten that bold yet. It becomes harder to sleep or even rest if I'm not wearing at least two diapers, one over another. I'm not complaining, but it was never an issue before. I used to easily be able to throw on a Goodnite and be out like a light. :eek:

My question to you guys is, out of sincere curiosity, who else deals with this, and would you classify it more as a DL thing, or AB? Suffice it to say, my little side feels safer and more comfortable the thicker the diaper is, and lately I have been exploring my little side a bit more, but I love the feeling and the snugness of it as well, almost to a sexual point. Could it be both?

Any and all thoughts/input/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

-DareYouToMove

Hmm, so I do enjoy the greater thickness, but I feel like I'm wasting a lot when I double. Especially for premium diapers, doubling and cutting slits means you'd need to wear for almost a full day to actually need a change.

I have tried, as a DL thing, just putting on 5 diapers at one time (bambino biancos). I only used the innermost one and just refastened the tapes and saved the others later. It was fun and incredibly thick. Kind of chafed at the inner thigh though, so I don't think I would repeat it except for once in a great while.

As with most aspects of ABDLS though, if it makes you feel good and you can afford it, I don't see any problem with making your diapers as thick as you want.

I like using my night time cloth diapers. and if I have a lot of liquids during the day I double them up at night.

Thickness matters to me but mostly in the sense that too much of it is uncomfortable. On my own, I prefer thinner to mid-range diapers most of the time. If someone else is doing the diapering, I find thickness more interesting. I didn't answer in the poll since I think that an affirmative answer from me isn't getting at the point you were really asking.

I'm with archie, cloth is the way to go for waddle thickness. Even a towel will do....

I wear my 4-10-4 cloth prefold plus 10 ply booster from CTDC every night for bed. Come morning it's soaked.
I cover that with a pair of PUL panties. Come morning it's sagging and guarantied you'll be waddling.

ArchieRoni said:
Hmm, so I do enjoy the greater thickness, but I feel like I'm wasting a lot when I double. Especially for premium diapers, doubling and cutting slits means you'd need to wear for almost a full day to actually need a change.

As with most aspects of ABDLS though, if it makes you feel good and you can afford it, I don't see any problem with making your diapers as thick as you want.

This was something I was thinking about actually, in terms of cost it is a bit more expensive to diaper yourself with two premium diapers, as opposed to just one decently thick diaper. My whole deal is, if I can't actually feel the diaper on me, it becomes a heck of a lot harder for me to enjoy it. Same deal with sleeping.

- - - Updated - - -

Trevor said:
Thickness matters to me but mostly in the sense that too much of it is uncomfortable. On my own, I prefer thinner to mid-range diapers most of the time. If someone else is doing the diapering, I find thickness more interesting. I didn't answer in the poll since I think that an affirmative answer from me isn't getting at the point you were really asking.

Good call, you got the idea of it.

I normally wear cloth and plastic, but I've been wearing a Goodnite under my cloth diaper before I go to bed. My reasoning is actually to cut down on the smell factor since my wife was complaining. Goodnites have pretty good odor control and I have never leaked when wearing first the Goodnite and then a night weight, prefold gauze diaper. They feel thick and even thicker once the Goodnite is wet and I certainly don't mind.

I have gone doubled up a few times before, I did it twice with two M4s, and more recently with two Absorbency +. I enjoyed the experience, but it isn't something I'd do on a regular basis. Wearing one diaper at a time is usually just the right amount of thickness for me to be happy.

As for the poll question, I'd say yes, thickness does matter to me, but I don't need the thickness of doubling up to enjoy it.

Last edited:
I like a good thick cloth diaper, but not so thick that my legs are spread eagle, then it gets more uncomfortable to sleep.

If I wear during the day, I usually wear just one disposable diaper, sometimes with an extra pad.

At night I generally wear two cloth diapers a plastic pants mostly due to the amount of pee I generate not for the thickness.

dogboy said:
I normally wear cloth and plastic, but I've been wearing a Goodnite under my cloth diaper before I go to bed. My reasoning is actually to cut down on the smell factor since my wife was complaining. Goodnites have pretty good odor control and I have never leaked when wearing first the Goodnite and then a night weight, prefold gauze diaper. They feel thick and even thicker once the Goodnite is wet and I certainly don't mind.

I used to do that, but the problem was the Goodnite was already tight on me, espeically in the crotch area, so when I used to wear them under my diaper, I would wake up and the Goodnite would be halfway off or down and bunched up. It allowed me hardly any wiggle room, and it just kinda got to be irritable, although I've never tried using a pre-fold or pure cloth before while wearing them. I've always used plastic.

I prefer having thickness in my diapers but I do not need thickness while wearing them.
I'll insert baby diapers in the normal sized diapers I am wearing for more thickness but I will never wear two or more of the same diaper. it seems like it would be huge waste to the padding that is not in contact with your skin.

I have a reusable cloth diaper that I use at night. Had the person who made it put tons of padding and absorbency in it. Gosh its like sleeping on a cloud, I never wanna part with it (and its got MLP as the cover fabric, what can be better?)!

I love thickness, although I agree with most people here... unless you're loaded, doubling up is costly! My solution? I bought myself a pair of waddle pants, not very confortable at night but awesome during the day. Tjat way you only need to wear 1 diaper.

In my opinion, the thickness ties in with the AB side of things. Most babies can be seen sporting large diapers, not necessarily because the diaper is huge, but because babies are small. So i feel a thick diaper helps me regress more.

I've always been a huge fan of thick diapers I want to know that I'm diapered and there is no way to forget it lol. Thin diapers are ok but I always find myself going back to the thicker ones.

I voted yes! The thicker the better. Also less leaks too. I wear Comficare L10. It is very thick diaper and will hold a lot. If you really want a good thick diaper. Get a dry 24/7 and put in 2XL Booster. You can't go wrong with that. That is like a Super Thick Diaper!

Thickness is something that I love. I feel more safe and secure when I'm doubled or tripled.

Cost wise though it's tough to use premium diapers. So I find myself buying a few packages of cheap diapers and using those on the inside and usually an Abena L4 over top.

I have worn double diapers out in public. I became very conscience of my diapers, especially when wet. I just try to mind my business and nobody really notices, at least that I know.

I actually have the opposite preference of most of the people posting here. I find very thick diapers at night uncomfortable, since I'm a stomach sleeper. If I wear double diapers, the bulk lifts my pelvis and puts my lower back into an extreme arch. The next morning, I will have some back pain.

I agree that very thick diapers are fun to wear. I enjoy wearing them as long as I don't have to sleep in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back