bedtime stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddedwolf said:
One of my favorites is the adventures of Peter Cottontail. That bunny is always getting into Mr. McGreggors garden.

Uh, no—you've got the wrong Peter. That's Peter Rabbit you're thinking of. Just wanted to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I too love a good bedtime story now and then.

Sandra Boynton's books have been a high point for me—notably, But Not the Hippopotamus and The Going to Bed Book (my dad almost always used to add the latter on after the story he read—as soon as I brushed my teeth).

Some of my other favorites are:
Goodnight Moon
The Runaway Bunny
Where The Wild Things Are
Tomie DaPaola's Mother Goose
Make Way For Ducklings
The Wind in the Willows
The Tale of Peter Rabbit
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Franklin in the Dark
It's Just Me, Emily
Cowardly Clyde
The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales
Petunia Takes a Trip
Doctor De Soto
• and all those I Can Read Books and Little Golden Books we (all us littles) loved so well!

"We can sail the seven seas, find an island anytime;
Where birds fly down to nest, and seals swim in to rest...
In Goodnight Story Time."

-Hap Palmer

I am always amassed at what people remember. I had a good childhood but I don't remember being read to. However, I don't know if this is because I wasn't or I just don't remember. Most likely, I just don't remember.

I remember most bedtime stories my mother told me, and those are lovely memories.

But funnily I'm somehow rather the person that ends up telling them. I guess I have a knack for (trying) to create my own little one's based about something of the person I'm talking to. I just could use some ideas for improving the endings of most of them.

It's fun and most classic stories are great anyway. They are usually something unique on their own, they're inspirational. Trying to teach moral values and principles in a beautiful way at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back