Not open for further replies.

littleabjames

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
HI I wanted to know are the underjams size 7 the same as baby diapers size 7

What is UnderJams size 7? There are just two sizes of UnderJams, as far as I'm aware: S/M and L/XL.

As for how UnderJams compares to Cruisers 7, I can answer that: UnderJams L/XL is only about 1cm longer than Cruisers 7, is about 30% narrower in the crotch (a fault shared by most pull-ups), and the elastic is slightly stretchier in the sides.

Anecdotally, as somebody who can just barely stretch into both, I find the diapers much more functional. This has mostly to do with the wider crotch. UnderJams and GoodNites, while I can wear them, are too narrow for my "junk", and so they gap and leak immediately. This will be less of an issue for females.

EDIT: Also, if you didn't know, Cruisers 7 is not actually any bigger than Baby Dry 6, Extra Protection 6, or Luvs 6. The elastic wings are just a bit stretchier. Cruisers and Swaddlers run about a size smaller than the other diapers. Unless those slightly stretchier wings are the difference between fitting and not, it's hard to recommend Cruisers 7, especially because of how uncommon it is in stores. Similarly, if you try the ultra-common Baby Dry 6 and it's nowhere near stretchy enough, forget Cruisers 7. The difference won't be much.

Last edited:
littleabjames said:

Underjams are Pampers size 8 and 9. Size 7 Underjams do not exist.

DanElmontan said:
Underjams are Pampers size 8 and 9. Size 7 Underjams do not exist.
According to what, though? 8 and 9 don't make any sense either. Let's not make this stuff up. The sizes are "S/M" and "L/XL". Calling the largest UnderJams a 9 suggests that they're larger than Baby Dry 6 diapers, which is debatable (they're significantly narrower, and barely longer). S/M UnderJams are both narrower and shorter than Baby Dry 6, so calling them an 8 is even worse. Heck, the definitions of the baby diaper sizes differ from one line to the next -- nontrivially.

Cottontail said:
According to what, though? 8 and 9 don't make any sense either. Let's not make this stuff up. The sizes are "S/M" and "L/XL". Calling the largest UnderJams a 9 suggests that they're larger than Baby Dry 6 diapers, which is debatable (they're significantly narrower, and barely longer). S/M UnderJams are both narrower and shorter than Baby Dry 6, so calling them an 8 is even worse. Heck, the definitions of the baby diaper sizes differ from one line to the next -- nontrivially.

Pampers calls them sizes 8 and 9 in some internal marketing literature that I've seen.

DanElmontan said:
Pampers calls them sizes 8 and 9 in some internal marketing literature that I've seen.
Interesting. If you forget about size and look at these numbers as a sort of ages-and-stages thing instead, a number system that spans multiple product lines could make sense. I guess it depends on what you're trying to convey. Unfortunately, with pull-ups being designed to ride low and be discreet like underwear, comparing their sizes to baby diapers doesn't work. Pull-ups are small by design.

Actually Pampers considers S/M size 7 and L/XL size 8. There is no size 9.
Click this link and see what I mean. Amazon (not a third party seller) officially lists them as size 7 & 8 respectively.

okmis said:
Click this link and see what I mean. Amazon (not a third party seller) officially lists them as size 7 & 8 respectively.

you are correct...I was wrong on the size 9 part

okmis said:

Wild! I wonder why they would do that when these numbers appear nowhere on the packaging (AFAIK). That's mind-bending. Anyway! Armed with this new information, the answer to the OP's question is: No! Size 7 (per Amazon, the same as "S/M") UnderJams are quite a bit smaller than size 7 Pampers diapers. And even many size 6 Pampers diapers.

I don't see any size numbers for GoodNites on Amazon, so hopefully we are spared similar confusion there. :)

littleabjames said:

Well, they are going to be a little different since one is made for nighttime bedwetting and is a Pull-Up style compared to a traditional tape-on baby diaper. Not sure which one would have more absorbency or if it is similar. They're going to be cut a little different since one is intended for babies and the other is for older children. You'll just have to pick some up and try them out.

I'm not familiar with the size 7/8 stuff with Underjams. I do know that they are referred to that instead of S/M and L/XL. Some price stickers I've seen in the stores say "Underjams Size 7/8." Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back