Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chosen Lifestyle vs. Necessity

Default Chosen Lifestyle vs. Necessity

Ever since I was out of diapers, I wanted to get back in them. LOL. I have had a desire to be a baby again since my teen years. These urges were fueled by terrible childhood trauma due to rape, molestation, beatings, and severe neglect. Having ADHD, is another catalyst that helped fuel my deep seeded desires. Being babied seems to be one of the only things that can level me out when I'm having a flair up. It makes me feel such at peace and it brings such an amazing calm to my body, mind, and spirit. It's like every care I have melts away when I'm in my diaper, my onesie or foot jammies, and cuddling in a bed full of plushies. I can't help but to just feel at peace with everything. Having developed nocturnal enuresis over the past 10 years, given a choice by the doctor of like 4 options, I just opted to wear adult diapers.

My AB/DL lifestyle is sort of mixture of a chosen lifestyle and a necessity. And just like that, over the past week or so, I've started realizing in the same fashion the AB/DL thing can be sexual or non sexual for certain people too. I guess sometimes to understand things you have to look no further than your own backyard.

I think it's always worth celebrating the ability to understand each other better! I'm glad you have had an experience that's helped you! Thanks so much for sharing!

I've done a lot of thinking about some the more inflammatory remarks I've often made about other people's choices in the AB/DL world and let me tell you, I'm truly sorry. I have no right to talk down to people because they choose to be a sissy, because they choose to engage in sexual activity while diapered or babied, or they choose something maybe a bit more kinkier. It's our duty as ND job in life to uphold and encourage each other. Understanding is the key. And understanding comes with love for your fellow neighbor. I love all of you guys here on ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    I've done a lot of thinking about some the more inflammatory remarks I've often made about other people's choices in the AB/DL world and let me tell you, I'm truly sorry. I have no right to talk down to people because they choose to be a sissy, because they choose to engage in sexual activity while diapered or babied, or they choose something maybe a bit more kinkier. It's our duty as ND job in life to uphold and encourage each other. Understanding is the key. And understanding comes with love for your fellow neighbor. I love all of you guys here on ADISC.
    Sorry about the typos.

Glad to hear that feel that way Crinkles. Hopefully this also means you'll have an easier time dealing with moments when you accidentally run across sexual things you weren't looking for as well.

Thanks a ton for sharing your thoughts. I hope they catch on more broadly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklesTheBunny View Post
    I appreciate the effort. We may not be the same but we're often the best chance for reaching someone else who can understand, maybe if only in part. I think it's worth mentioning that "choice" probably isn't the right word for most of us. Despite a lack of childhood trauma, I was attracted to diapers from an early age (3-4), and I would characterize the feelings as sexual from the vantage of adult experience. I didn't decide that diapers were sexy, this notion formed in my head somehow, in the same place that people usually find information on who they find attractive. Although some can decide to try ABDL as a kink, most of us are organically grown and have to learn to enjoy the ride. I am happy with it now, but I never would have consciously chosen it.

You know Trevor, I am trying to be an understanding person. But when someone tries to be picky with terms and tries to cause a bit of a scene because of words I used it sort of ticks me off.

Picky? No, but let's run with this. You were factually incorrect about how a group of people manage this aspect of their lives (myself included, I also didn't choose to be this way), Trevor politely threw in his 2 cents and you act like it's an affront, please.

As an aside, I don't accept your apology; you're kind of a jerk.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 23-Feb-2015 at 19:42.

MarcusBear, kindly go back and read the original post please. I never said anything about how a group of people view the AB/DL lifestyle. I explained my circumstances. That's all. My thoughts, my ideals of my own personal life, and my own dealings with being an AB is what I was trying to vocalize. I wasn't trying to force anyone to feel the way I do. I get a little miffed with Trevor because he was acting like I was vocalizing that as fact of the whole entire AD/DL community.

And to Trevor, I wasn't trying to say that other people like you have to accept my ideals of "choices vs. necessity". I was speaking of necessity and choice as it pertains to me. Not anyone else. I was merely voicing something from my personal experiences in life. It wasn't meant as a statement to say people fall in either of those categories. I even went as far to say what people do, I shouldn't judge and that I understand different degrees of the entire scope of things. I think you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say.
    Last edited by CrinklesTheBunny; 23-Feb-2015 at 18:56.