Diaper Cover for ConfiDry 24/7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I had an ingenuitive idea (or so I thought) a couple nights ago. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep. Normally not an issue, but when I go to bed padded it results in a stretched out and saggy diaper in the morning as a result of laying on it and rolling over, etc.

So it occurred to me one night I have a pair of boxers that had a slick surface and I thought "neat, when I roll over it will allow the diaper to slide instead of stretch." So I've been trying it out and presto my ConfiDrys aren't stretched out anymore.

As I thought more about it I've concluded I've basically have used a pair of boxers as a diaper cover. So that leads me to my question.

Has anyone had a good fit with a diaper cover for ConfiDry 24/7s? Given their bulk and expansion I was hoping for some recommendations rather than blindly buy and trying. Or do diaper covers not provide a similar slick interior? I've never bought (nor considered) diaper covers before so this is kind of new to me. [emoji28]

I'll try an experiment. I have Confidry24/7s and diaper covers, but never put them together. I'll try it out. I have a couple Dependico diaper covers.

I always wear a snug fitting boxer brief (brief but with longer legs) over my diaper. I find this to keep the diaper nice and snug and usually prevents sagging and keeps everything contained nicely. If using a cheaper, less absorbent one or a brand not familiar with, I will usually put a plastic pant over that. If the diaper should leak, the boxer brief absorbs the leak enough and will let me know there is a problem usually before the sheets get soaked. If wearing the plastic pants, I have that extra barrier with the brief under it that would act not just to keep things snug but also as that extra barrier should a leak happen.

There are a variety of options for diaper covers. It's been my experience though that you don't want the bulk of the padding, specifically the crotch, to get pressed too hard against your body, otherwise you won't get good drainage and you'll be relying 100% on the wicking capability of the diaper. (better go low sap) If you're still committed to it, I suppose some spandex shorts would be about the extreme end of support.

If you're just needing to provide marginal protection, to keep your diaper in place and stop it from shifting or hooking and pulling off a tape, go with regular underwear. I've found that briefs are still a bit physically binding on the crotch, but they do a really good job of preventing even a wet diaper from slipping/sagging when walking. Overnight, I occasionally wear boxers. This provides a little protection for the diaper, and also helps my wrists not get poked with the corners of tape tabs, if that's an issue,

Another personal favorite is my all-in-one jammies. I have some cuddle fleece in snow leopard pattern I wear when it's a little chilly in the house. Keeps me toasty and keeps my diaper in place and protected, without too much restriction. If you're going to custom order your AIO like I did, be sure to SUBTRACT about three inches from the crotch height when entering your measurements, to make room for a swollen diaper in the crotch. Mine wasn't planned for, so it can get a little tight down there whem my comfidry gets very swollen.

I'm wearing my Comfidry with the Dependico diaper cover and It actually holds the diaper in place nicely and actually makes it more comfortable to wear. I rested in my bed a bit on my sides, back, and belly and wet it and it holds well. It also reduced the crinkling sound a bunch (I know many of you like the crinkle sound but hay). I would say get one of these and they come in a number of cute designs too so it dresses up the diaper nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
There are a variety of options for diaper covers. It's been my experience though that you don't want the bulk of the padding, specifically the crotch, to get pressed too hard against your body, otherwise you won't get good drainage and you'll be relying 100% on the wicking capability of the diaper. (better go low sap) If you're still committed to it, I suppose some spandex shorts would be about the extreme end of support.

If you're just needing to provide marginal protection, to keep your diaper in place and stop it from shifting or hooking and pulling off a tape, go with regular underwear. I've found that briefs are still a bit physically binding on the crotch, but they do a really good job of preventing even a wet diaper from slipping/sagging when walking. Overnight, I occasionally wear boxers. This provides a little protection for the diaper, and also helps my wrists not get poked with the corners of tape tabs, if that's an issue,

Another personal favorite is my all-in-one jammies. I have some cuddle fleece in snow leopard pattern I wear when it's a little chilly in the house. Keeps me toasty and keeps my diaper in place and protected, without too much restriction. If you're going to custom order your AIO like I did, be sure to SUBTRACT about three inches from the crotch height when entering your measurements, to make room for a swollen diaper in the crotch. Mine wasn't planned for, so it can get a little tight down there whem my comfidry gets very swollen.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your snow leopard printed jammies?

Paddedwolf said:
I'm wearing my Comfidry with the Dependico diaper cover and It actually holds the diaper in place nicely and actually makes it more comfortable to wear. I rested in my bed a bit on my sides, back, and belly and wet it and it holds well. It also reduced the crinkling sound a bunch (I know many of you like the crinkle sound but hay). I would say get one of these and they come in a number of cute designs too so it dresses up the diaper nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, where did you get your snow leopard printed jammies?
Does it cause it to run out of space for expansion? I'd rather not squish the diaper causing it to leak because it can't expand.

Edit: Does anyone have both the plastic and the flannel lined versions from fetwear?
http://www.fetware.com/plastic-pants-made-for-disposables-c-17.html
Thinking about one of these.

Last edited:
Alpha said:
Does it cause it to run out of space for expansion? I'd rather not squish the diaper causing it to leak because it can't expand.

Edit: Does anyone have both the plastic and the flannel lined versions from fetwear?
http://www.fetware.com/plastic-pants-made-for-disposables-c-17.html
Thinking about one of these.
I noticed a little dampness by my right leg, but my pants didn't get affected. I'll give it one more go to make sure. Overall though it was a good experience and I don't think it squishes the diaper to much if you fasten the cover a little more loose. (These are velcro fastening diaper covers)

Alpha said:
So I had an ingenuitive idea (or so I thought) a couple nights ago. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep. Normally not an issue, but when I go to bed padded it results in a stretched out and saggy diaper in the morning as a result of laying on it and rolling over, etc.

So it occurred to me one night I have a pair of boxers that had a slick surface and I thought "neat, when I roll over it will allow the diaper to slide instead of stretch." So I've been trying it out and presto my ConfiDrys aren't stretched out anymore.

As I thought more about it I've concluded I've basically have used a pair of boxers as a diaper cover. So that leads me to my question.

Has anyone had a good fit with a diaper cover for ConfiDry 24/7s? Given their bulk and expansion I was hoping for some recommendations rather than blindly buy and trying. Or do diaper covers not provide a similar slick interior? I've never bought (nor considered) diaper covers before so this is kind of new to me. [emoji28]

If I'm going to wear for a long time, or I'm really terrified of leaks. I either pull a pair of boxers over the diaper, and then a PUL diaper cover over that. So if the diaper does leak, it's just a little onto the boxer/brief, you can feel it and then change. The other thing I use the SOS secure swim diaper as a diaper cover, buy it one size up from the sizing chart, and it does a great job of holding the diaper and preventing leaks.

My diaper cover of choice for for dry 24/7's are actually the ABU flannel lined plastic pants. I have five of them that are sized just right to keep the sagging to a minimum, still feel comfortable, and offer just that little bit extra protection a disposable product needs.

Either a onesie or compression pants. The y help keep your diaper snug to your body and prevents the tapes from coming undone while you sleep.

I tried the confidry 24/7 and diaper cover test again last night and it went very well with no leaks at all and held the diaper in place nicely!The diaper cover also keeps the tapes on the diaper better to I found. Over all a good experience and I would highly recommend it. Again I use the Dependico tab style diaper covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back