Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Other
Hey everyone!

So a couple of weeks ago I was browsing on Fetlife and there was a group of ABDL/TBDL people who formed a group for my area. I was surprised there was people in my area into this!

So anyways they wanted to get some socials, and munches going.. So I got an invite. The first time I was way too scared to go but I thought about it and ended up going to the second munch a month later!

I am not the type for anxiety but I was so worried about going, being caught, meeting a lot older people who are quite intimidating, and more!!

I ended up going and I was surprised how fun it was!! It was a quieter night due to the weather so only 4 other people were there..but man was it a great time to hangout and talk about our little sides!

Little advice...if you are worked up about attending a social, just get over the hump and do it!

Last edited:
Okay, so this is random.

I just finished a thread talking about going to a Munch, which I did, and it was great. It was this afternoon at a local restaurant and the whole group was very open and receptive. There was about 15 people there and it felt so normal. I don't really know what I was expecting.

I will reinforce your final comment by encouraging nervous people to just do it.

I went to my first FL munch about 2 weeks ago, it was a general fet munch not an ABDL one as there are none in my area for it but I figured I would give it a shot.

I was a bit nervous but was warmly welcomed and had a great time meeting people and chatting about random things, I did eventually get the courage up to tell a couple of the people who were asking that I'm an AB/DL and the amazing thing... none of them batted an eyelid at it, they just accepted it and we carried on chatting. I ended up being one of the last to leave as I was enjoying it so much.

I'd say to anyone thinking of attending a munch to drop the nerves and just go, no one will force you to tell them about yourself and your desire for diapers/littleness. the conversations are likely to be about much more "normal" everyday things anyway, it is afterall just a meeting of people with different interests.

That's awesome! I don't think I'd ever have the courage to go to a munch. :(

Kousei said:
That's awesome! I don't think I'd ever have the courage to go to a munch. :(

I used to think that and went anyway. It was fun, if perhaps almost disappointingly normal. There were people, we ate food and talked about stuff like movies, world events, littles community events that were being planned. The one I went to they had some crayons and coloring books, and one of the hosts read us a story near the end. That's about it, really. Enjoyable and nothing to be afraid of.

I've gone to two munches so far, and I can confirm that you have no reason to worry. The vast majority of conversations will not be related to the fetish at all, and when it does come up, it's just normal and treated as no big deal. So don't worry about it and go for it.

Dashsanta said:
Little advice...if you are worked up about attending a social, just get over the hump and do it!

Best advice available. I've had others tell me this before, but it's taken on new meaning for me now.

I get afraid of large groups in general, but I'm working on it. If someone was nervous do you think it would be ok to go to the location of the munch and kind of hang around at the side? Or would that be rude? Thank you for the advice ArchieRoni.

Kousei said:
I get afraid of large groups in general, but I'm working on it. If someone was nervous do you think it would be ok to go to the location of the munch and kind of hang around at the side? Or would that be rude? Thank you for the advice ArchieRoni.

I'm sure it would be fine. Good hosts might even have you introduce yourself.

I'm thinking about going to my first munch in a little over a week since I found one going on not too far from me. I'm not sure how well I will get along with people who I probably don't share much in common with except for a shared fetish, but I guess I'm willing to give it a shot.

Kousei said:

I think it'd be fine, but it all depends on who's there. I think most people would understand that it can be intimidating to meet others for the first time.

Just to be safe, I'd let the organizer know (or if there's a group message board, that you have some social anxiety. You'll work hard to try to talk to others, but if you're off to the side, you're doing it in an attempt to become comfortable. You're not trying to be rude.

I've warn others of this myself. I don't like large groups of people, or meeting new ones. I have social anxiety as well. It's not uncommon. If you can find a friend to go with you, if can be easier. I do better getting to know someone when meeting them one on one. Not in a group setting. Then, after you get to know each other, you can help each other out if you start to get uncomfortable. I have a tendency to stick like glue to people I know in unfamiliar situations. Makes me more at ease knowing they are there.

someguy26 said:
I'm thinking about going to my first munch in a little over a week since I found one going on not too far from me. I'm not sure how well I will get along with people who I probably don't share much in common with except for a shared fetish, but I guess I'm willing to give it a shot.

That's the funny bit, you don't know what you share with people aside from the kink until you get to know them. I'm not a big fan personally of group meets but they have their place and the people I have met have been almost overwhelmingly well-behaved and functional. I think they're best for gregarious people but if you're willing to put in the time, even a wallflower like me can find someone to talk to.

It was different cause it was a smaller group and a lot older than me! However it was a fun night out!

These actually sound like a lot of fun! How do you go about finding them in your area?

I would be interested in something like this in the future. When I force myself to speak I tend to stutter pretty badly, along with my strange accent I'm always afraid people won't understand what I'm saying. I also struggle to come up with things to say, so I usually stay quiet.

Still, if I get the chance to go to a munch/meet I'll take the chance. I feel I have to much to lose if I hesitate, that's why I signed up here.

plasticsounds said:
Okay, so this is random.

I just finished a thread talking about going to a Munch, which I did, and it was great. It was this afternoon at a local restaurant and the whole group was very open and receptive. There was about 15 people there and it felt so normal. I don't really know what I was expecting.

I will reinforce your final comment by encouraging nervous people to just do it.

The best thing about munches if you're nervous is that you can go and observe from afar. I've been attending munches for about a year and a half now, and I'm starting to go to some outside of my immediate area.

Yesterday I went to the DC littles munch and it's held in the same place on the second Saturday of every month. The layout of the restaurant is pretty neat. There's two floors, the first has the counter and kitchen in the back with some bistro type seating, and the upstairs is like a balcony that has more tables and chairs. It's open so if you're downstairs you can hear what is going on up there, and when I was downstairs refilling my drink I could hear the din of people talking and I thought, if this were my first munch and I were nervous I could just sit down here and listen, and see if I would want to go up and join or not.

I want to reiterate that going to your first munch is a big step and it takes a lot of courage. Those of us who have been before might see it as no big deal, but for those who haven't told anyone, who don't know what to expect, or who are more introverted or have social anxieties, it can be intimidating.

I will say that every munch I've gone to has been a positive experience and I've left with more friends than I arrived with. I would encourage anyone to go, but remember, you can just observe from a slight distance if you're not ready to go all in.

- - - Updated - - -

boobybird89 said:
These actually sound like a lot of fun! How do you go about finding them in your area?

There's littlesmunch.com which has information but mostly, these are major metropolitan areas. Your best bet would be to join local FetLife groups. Even if you don't want to participate in the greater FetLife site, it can be a good way to find munches closer to you. Join a group of littles/ABDLs/ageplayers near you and see if they get posted.

If there is nothing close by... you can always start one. There is a FAQ on littlesmunch.com that can help get you pointed in the right direction should you want to host a munch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back