Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonybaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I wasn't sure where to post this, as it's not really AB/DL related at all. Has anyone else here had or have problems making a bowel movement?

Let me explain what I mean.....

Up until I got into the work force as a teenager, I pretty much went to the bathroom as needed, which for me, could be maybe once or twice a week. My minimum time spent in the bathroom back then was 15 minutes to a half hour if I waited too long.

When I started working, my lengthy time in the bathroom, combine with the fact that I've never cared for public restrooms; I started forcing myself to go in the morning before I went to work. It was tough going at first, but my body got the hang of how I was trying to regulate myself.

Enter Crohns disease and my bathroom habits have turned completely upside down. Before the operation to have some of my small bowel intestines removed, I'd have anything from constipation to diarrhea at any given time.

After the operation, it has become "normal" (God I wish I was making this up) anywhere from 4-5 hours and sometimes I have been in there for 12 freaking hours!!! I've tried regulating what I eat, but the problem is, there's ONLY so much I can actually eat that doesn't bother my stomach. I've tried ignoring my stomach all together and just going on about my day, but at some point the pressure in my abdomen distracts my attention because the build up is too painful.

Has anyone else gone through this? It's starting to drive me insane :( I mean damn, I can feel like I need to go to the bathroom really bad, then when I get in there, total constipation and if I take something to "make" me go, I'd be lucky to see the rest of the day out of the bathroom.

I swear it's the only one time in my life I WISH I were in diapers 24/7 (if it weren't for the smell) because at least then, I'd be somewhat of a normal human being again.

Troll me, ignore me or give me good advice, at this point, anything has got to be better than the help I'm currently getting from my doctor and who better than an AB/DL support community? <3

Ebonybaby said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, as it's not really AB/DL related at all. Has anyone else here had or have problems making a bowel movement?

Let me explain what I mean.....

Up until I got into the work force as a teenager, I pretty much went to the bathroom as needed, which for me, could be maybe once or twice a week. My minimum time spent in the bathroom back then was 15 minutes to a half hour if I waited too long.

When I started working, my lengthy time in the bathroom, combine with the fact that I've never cared for public restrooms; I started forcing myself to go in the morning before I went to work. It was tough going at first, but my body got the hang of how I was trying to regulate myself.

Enter Crohns disease and my bathroom habits have turned completely upside down. Before the operation to have some of my small bowel intestines removed, I'd have anything from constipation to diarrhea at any given time.

After the operation, it has become "normal" (God I wish I was making this up) anywhere from 4-5 hours and sometimes I have been in there for 12 freaking hours!!! I've tried regulating what I eat, but the problem is, there's ONLY so much I can actually eat that doesn't bother my stomach. I've tried ignoring my stomach all together and just going on about my day, but at some point the pressure in my abdomen distracts my attention because the build up is too painful.

Has anyone else gone through this? It's starting to drive me insane :( I mean damn, I can feel like I need to go to the bathroom really bad, then when I get in there, total constipation and if I take something to "make" me go, I'd be lucky to see the rest of the day out of the bathroom.

I swear it's the only one time in my life I WISH I were in diapers 24/7 (if it weren't for the smell) because at least then, I'd be somewhat of a normal human being again.

Troll me, ignore me or give me good advice, at this point, anything has got to be better than the help I'm currently getting from my doctor and who better than an AB/DL support community? <3

I'm sorry no one has responded to this. Perhaps it's because no one suffers from Chrohn's disease. I don't either but I've known people who do and it's terribly difficult to live with. All I can suggest is to go with your doctor's advise as there's little anyone can advise, in my limited opinion. I'm sure there is a strict diet you must follow, but after that, I think all you can do is take the recommended medicine or have surgery. Good luck.

I figured as much, but hey, that's a good thing as I wouldn't want my worst enemy having to go through what I deal with. Thanks for the advice dogboy :)

Have you tried fiber, I eat popcorn, but also take a fiber pill daily, just one. Also look into a squatty potty it is a stool that you place your feet on while pooping. It is supposed to elongate and straighten out the bowels so that it is easier.... I just use a child's footstool because the point is to get your body in that squatting position on the potty

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. It turns out that I gained a great deal of scar tissue which created a blockage in the colon, which became serious two nights ago. Today (hopefully) after suffering at the hands of an "NG" tube, they will finally discharge me from the hospital. All of this was the result of my bowel resection back in 2011 for Crohns and what sucks is, there's a possibility it could continue to happen.

I was always constipated as a child. As a sophomore in high school, I went camping and could not stand the idea of squatting, so I did not go for a full week (not much fiber in camping rations those days). Needless to say, I had difficulties going at that point.

At age 25 I developed bleeding ulcerative colitis, which I have had on and off since. My last year of employment I was sick and trying alternative medicine because I did not want to go back on prednisone. I lost so much blood, that when tested, all my values were half normal, and that was before I bottomed out. 15 daily trips to the bathroom lasting anywhere from 20 minutes to half an hour each. Pretty constant pain. I too have plenty of scar tissue, but not to the point of blockage.

My retired nurse wife also has constipation issues. She used to take vegetable laxative tablets but has gotten away from laxatives altogether. Now she takes Benefiber (three teaspoons three times a day). Since you have scarring, I would err on the side of too much fiber rather than too little. Your colon, like mine, will be much more comfortable "loose" rather than so-called "normal". You should probably check with your doctor before implementing any advice given on this site. Have you checked the Crohns' sites for remedies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back