Trying to understand where I fit on the ABDL spectrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to the site, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking for advice. :sweatdrop:

I am trying to figure out my identity within the ABDL spectrum, and this is what I know so far. I've been into omorashi for as long as I can remember, but I only technically figured out what it was when I was a younger teen. I realized that when I fantasize about omorashi I often imagine myself as being younger and being taken care of.

However, when I think about having a relationship, I would not want somebody controlling me and I wouldn't want to control them. I don't feel either a 'dominant' or 'submissive' lable fits me.

As for diapers, I find them neither to be a 'turn on' or a 'turn off'. When I was about six my friend and I stole diapers from their little sibling and wore them. We got found out and in trouble, and I never did anything of the sort again. I'm curious to actually try one on to see how I feel, but I've been too nervous so far.

So I was wondering if any of you know where I might fit on this spectrum, or how I can find out? Thank you very much.

It's a hard one to call, only you know what your feelings are about it. All I'd sugest would be gettin a few diapers n stuff and try it out :)

Hi and welcome to the site. like Blueboy saying you have to explore and find out what you like, and who you really are.

Welcome to the site. Remember that these are labels of convenience and nothing clinical. You don't have enough information or probably experience to answer your question right now. This is something you'll figure out over time and if you enjoy it, it will be a fun process to work it out. Try what appeals to you and you can figure out what it means later if it's good for you or not. A sexual interest is really neither here nor there, since ABs and DLs and everything in between can have sexual enjoyment from this or not (although from polling it's pretty commonly a factor at least some of the time). It's more common for us to have some interest in both than just AB or DL but if you find yourself wholly one or the other, that's fine too.

Kousei said:
Hello, I'm new to the site, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking for advice. :sweatdrop:

I am trying to figure out my identity within the ABDL spectrum, and this is what I know so far. I've been into omorashi for as long as I can remember, but I only technically figured out what it was when I was a younger teen. I realized that when I fantasize about omorashi I often imagine myself as being younger and being taken care of.

However, when I think about having a relationship, I would not want somebody controlling me and I wouldn't want to control them. I don't feel either a 'dominant' or 'submissive' lable fits me.

As for diapers, I find them neither to be a 'turn on' or a 'turn off'. When I was about six my friend and I stole diapers from their little sibling and wore them. We got found out and in trouble, and I never did anything of the sort again. I'm curious to actually try one on to see how I feel, but I've been too nervous so far.

So I was wondering if any of you know where I might fit on this spectrum, or how I can find out? Thank you very much.

I have to say you'd be a Little, maybe in the 4-5 age range, young enough for accidents and having to wear diapers and various little kiddy things, yet old enough for other things.

Kousei said:

Hi and welcome. I enjoy omorashi as a fantasy too, especially omutsu omorashi.

Summing up what you said, you know a couple things that you like, but you aren't really sure if you're interested in diapers or not, and you've got a very specific way you want to feel younger and taken care of, but not controlled. I think Trevor has the right of it, you're at a point where you can still experiment and figure out what you like. You may find that if you meet someone that you really trust, you'll want to be cared for or even dominated more. Or you may enjoy specific role-play where you take on a certain character, but then have a more neutral relationship outside of that role-play. You also may end up enjoying a vanilla relationship with a regular sex life and only indulging omorashi or diaper interests once in a while. Hard to say.

I'd suggest, for you, labels are only really useful if you want a shorthand to present yourself to other people. You might just want to say that you're interested in exploring ABDL in general, since both diapers and feeling younger interest you, but you don't really know in what ways. If you say you're AB, it tends to mean you want to present yourself as being younger, saying that you're DL means (usually) that you're sexually aroused by diapers, though it can also just mean that you like to wear diapers without any role-playing or other accessories.

You could also say you're a little, though that term is more vague and focuses more on the idea of age-play. Finally, you may just be best off saying exactly what you said in this post: you're interested in omorashi and looking to explore further.

It takes time honestly, I would give it time. It's not something that you figure out overnight.

From what you've described, I would have to agree with kitterdafoxy, that you may enjoy pants wetting, which puts you at a slightly older, regressed age.

To be completely honest it really doesn't matter where you fit, only that you feel comfortable with who you are. I'd certainly encourage you to explore, as others have. If you're curious, then there maybe a latent desire there waiting to be satisfied, who knows.

My own desires have always been consistent .... how or why, I have no idea, just that it's there and I've felt compelled to respond. Having said that....in the absence of knowing about the abdl world when I was younger, I did wonder if I was 'all there' in the head...if you know what I mean.

I find regression an extraordinary experience....I love being a baby/toddler I always have, so relating to an adult curiosity about it is not something familiar to me. It's not like "oh that could be cool"

If you feel compelled to try something , give it a go. I reckon you'll soon work it out. Until then, I can't imagine anyone round here worrying whether you are carrying a particular label.

Happy Exploring :)

Thank you all so much for your advice! :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back