Status
Not open for further replies.

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I'm just curious is there a reason the adult diaper companies like bambino or aww so cute haven't put pull ups style fading designs on their diapers. It just seems like a no brainer to me those designs are so cute I'd buy them up in a heart beat if they existed in adult sizes. Just wondering if any of you guys had any insight in to why they haven't.

I've never used printed diapers so I can't comment, but CATBUG!!!!!

That is all :)

I thought about that too. My Good Nites are so cute I am glad they do not fade but when I was a toddler my mom had me in cloth but for special occasions she had disposable diapers with fading blocks. I think some of my younger friends wore the same ABC's out and about. I used to stare at the little kids in church when I was a kid hoping I'd get to see them fade.

I'd hazard a guess at it not being the cheapest of things to actually do. I wonder if any of them have ever done a survey of that in the past to see if they'd have enough support to warrant them doing it, but at the time it just didn't end up being worth it...

I've often wondered about this myself. ABDL companies often advertise as their diapers being authentic adult baby diapers....having fading designs seems like something that would further that idea. Although, fading designs are generally only seen on pull-up style diapers, whereas ABDL companies typically only make tape on style baby diapers...so maybe that's why they don't have fading designs. Adult baby diapers attempt to mimick the real thing; the real thing being baby diapers that typically don't have fading designs.

From a cost point of view, I don't see it costing that much to add fading designs to a diaper. Even adult incontinence products have stripes that fade away; even the cheap ones like Depends. Doesn't seem like making that "stripe" into a design would cost that much more.

Didn't real baby diapers use to have fading designs? I had mine in the early 80s.

Depend Adjustable Underwear has designs. They really appear when wet, the yellower the better. I always wondered where the come from, probably shared cover stock with other products. The designs are stars and I am not kidding. You just have to take a closer look at them. They hide very well when the diaper is dry and show much more strikingly when wet. I always thought that it was kinda neat. Has nobody else ever noticed this?

I guess because pull-ups are so teenage years ago and everything is about the babyish arts? Designs like planes or Disney Cars wouldn't have that much on an effect towards others although they are cute, it wouldn't be that intriguing on tabbed diapers unlike baby arts.

Fascinating said:
Didn't real baby diapers use to have fading designs? I had mine in the early 80s.

I don't remember any fading designs on baby diapers when I was a kid...I was born in '85, so possibly before that there was? Either way, I think it would be neat to have fading designs on adult diapers. It would be an extra element of fun for the fiancee and I!

DPRLuv85 said:
I've often wondered about this myself. ABDL companies often advertise as their diapers being authentic adult baby diapers....having fading designs seems like something that would further that idea. Although, fading designs are generally only seen on pull-up style diapers, whereas ABDL companies typically only make tape on style baby diapers...so maybe that's why they don't have fading designs. Adult baby diapers attempt to mimick the real thing; the real thing being baby diapers that typically don't have fading designs.

From a cost point of view, I don't see it costing that much to add fading designs to a diaper. Even adult incontinence products have stripes that fade away; even the cheap ones like Depends. Doesn't seem like making that "stripe" into a design would cost that much more.

it's a good point that the fading designs aren't really on the tabbed diapers because you know there's no point to it, but since ab/dl diapers are, lets be honest, mostly aesthetic I feel like they could fudge the realism a bit and put it in, or just add it on a pull up design or something.

blablafreckenlover said:
it's a good point that the fading designs aren't really on the tabbed diapers because you know there's no point to it, but since ab/dl diapers are, lets be honest, mostly aesthetic I feel like they could fudge the realism a bit and put it in, or just add it on a pull up design or something.

Fading designs serve two purposes. One is to show that the diaper or pull-up is wet, even if the wearer doesn't know it. The second is to add an incentive for potty training because little kids might not want the design to go away.

For the first, a lot of adult diapers do have some kind of wetness indicator that changes colors when it's used. It's probably not a huge stretch to add that as a design to an ABDL diaper, though it might cost more. The bigger problem is that doing actual prints of any kind is really expensive (look at the cost of aww so cute or snuggies). And then you add on the fact that most people who are buying and wearing those printed diapers have no intention of potty training at all (nor can you really do much potty training in a tape on diaper because of the tapes wearing out), so they probably just don't see the point in doing it.

ArchieRoni said:
And then you add on the fact that most people who are buying and wearing those printed diapers have no intention of potty training at all (nor can you really do much potty training in a tape on diaper because of the tapes wearing out), so they probably just don't see the point in doing it.

....Imagine an abdl diaper with APPEARING designs once wet. Great incentive to wet :p

some1 said:
....Imagine an abdl diaper with APPEARING designs once wet. Great incentive to wet :p

Wow...that's an awesome idea!

DPRLuv85 said:
Wow...that's an awesome idea!

Thanks ^^
And you know, if it's really well made, it could even be a surprise- you won't know what design you have untill you try it on...

Another great idea! You should send an email to all the big ABDL companies....Bambinos, Snuggies, ASC, Cuddlz

DPRLuv85 said:
Another great idea! You should send an email to all the big ABDL companies....Bambinos, Snuggies, ASC, Cuddlz

Perhaps one day. ;)

Fiti brand diapers have fading happy face design on them still. I think, haven't seen them in a while.

I've seen those fading designs on pull ups but not in baby diapers, and most adult diapers have some kind of wetness indicator but not abdl one's. It would be awesome to have them in ABDL diapers :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back