Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else thinks that the Disney Princesses have overstayed their welcome?

Question Who else thinks that the Disney Princesses have overstayed their welcome?

First off, I want to say that I do NOT hate disney or Pixar, they have created breathtaking masterpieces of animation, and basically revolutionized CGI as viable way to make movies. First off, a little history lesson. Pull Ups were introduced as a unisex disposable training pant in 1989, meaning they had no designs or non gender specific designs. It wasn't until 1992, which was, ironically the year I was born, that Pull Ups introduced gender specific specific designs. Those designs were Pastel Colored Animals for Girls, and Trucks for Boys. For some reason, pictures of vintage training pants (Luvs Trainers, Pampers Trainers, And Indeed, The 1992 Pull Ups) are one of the hardest things to find on the internet, so I have no images to share, sadly. I have no clue what designs pull ups had from 1993-1998 as no images are availble and Wikipedia only says that realistic underware designs were introduced in 1996. In 1998 the first disney designs, Mickey And Minnie Mouse were introduced on Boys And Girls Pull Ups, respectively. It wasn't until 2003 that pull ups changed their designs again, this time to Disney Princesses and... I have no clue what the boys pull ups had. 2003 was 12 years ago, disney princesses are still on pull ups nowadays, but boys pull ups have changed designs several times since then. For comparison, Pampers Easy Ups have been around since 2003 and have changed designs many times since then, they currently have Thomas The Tank Engine and Doc McStuffins. Does anyone else think that the princess designs should have been retired by now?

I love the princesses, but variety is always better. I can't fit into that stuff anymore though. That's the one problem I've had with bulking up...

Well personally the next set of designs for pull ups are going to be Frozen! I don't know why they haven't done it yet!!! It is Disney's biggest hit right now!!!

I think the boys pullups have Mickey Mouse and Pluto, but I could be wrong.

Doc McStuffins designs are on Pull-Ups. Easy-Ups have Dora the Explorer.

Why is it so hard to find vintage training pant photos online. Better yet, pictures of vintage anything? I was reading about failed beers the other day and couldn't find any pictures of the bottles or merchandise to see what it looked like.

I believe the 2003 Pull-Ups had Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear pictures on them. Those ran for a long time until Cars was released and ran in conjunction with Toy Story. The designs were the medium until Monsters Inc. designs were included in the packages. Now, we see Lightning McQueen designs with Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Pampers Easy-Ups for girls have primarily had Dora designs for as long as I can remember. Boys had Diego for a long time, but I think there was something else before that. I can't remember what it was though. It wasn't until recently they switched to Thomas the Tank Engine since Diego was cancelled. They haven't changed much over the years.

I wouldn't say that the Disney Princesses have overstayed their welcome. I do enjoy seeing them and they are characters the primary market enjoys highly. Parents and children alike love them. I do wish they would rotate the designs more or included more princesses in each pack. It'd be kind of cute to include 4 or 5 different designs featuring multiple or different princesses. Seeing the same 2 over and over gets old quickly.

So, to answer your question- No, the Disney Princesses shouldn't be retired from Pull-Ups.

- - - Updated - - -

They currently have Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Cars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dashsanta View Post
    Well personally the next set of designs for pull ups are going to be Frozen! I don't know why they haven't done it yet!!! It is Disney's biggest hit right now!!!
    Have you heard that they are for sure going to do Frozen designs? I'm surprised that they haven't been included in the lineup either since it is currently Disney's biggest cash cow. Maybe someday soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlPinkFloydJam View Post
    Why is it so hard to find vintage training pant photos online. Better yet, pictures of vintage anything? I was reading about failed beers the other day and couldn't find any pictures of the bottles or merchandise to see what it looked like.

I believe the 2003 Pull-Ups had Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear pictures on them. Those ran for a long time until Cars was released and ran in conjunction with Toy Story. The designs were the medium until Monsters Inc. designs were included in the packages. Now, we see Lightning McQueen designs with Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Pampers Easy-Ups for girls have primarily had Dora designs for as long as I can remember. Boys had Diego for a long time, but I think there was something else before that. I can't remember what it was though. It wasn't until recently they switched to Thomas the Tank Engine since Diego was cancelled. They haven't changed much over the years.

I wouldn't say that the Disney Princesses have overstayed their welcome. I do enjoy seeing them and they are characters the primary market enjoys highly. Parents and children alike love them. I do wish they would rotate the designs more or included more princesses in each pack. It'd be kind of cute to include 4 or 5 different designs featuring multiple or different princesses. Seeing the same 2 over and over gets old quickly.

So, to answer your question- No, the Disney Princesses shouldn't be retired from Pull-Ups.

- - - Updated - - -

They currently have Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Cars

- - - Updated - - -

Have you heard that they are for sure going to do Frozen designs? I'm surprised that they haven't been included in the lineup either since it is currently Disney's biggest cash cow. Maybe someday soon.
    I found a few pics, but they're so effing blurry that it's hard to make out anything.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	23250
    I can't discern any design from this image, even after I fixed it up.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  9.0 KB
    This was taken in the late 1990s with a very early digital Camara, it's basically fruitless as there are no actual images on the package anywhere.

Views:	169 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	23252
    This was easy to find, but any pictures of the product out of box is alluding me.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    I found a few pics, but they're so effing blurry that it's hard to make out anything.

Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	23250
    I can't discern any design from this image, even after I fixed it up.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1489
Size:  9.0 KB
    This was taken in the late 1990s with a very early digital Camara, it's basically fruitless as there are no actual images on the package anywhere.

Views:	169 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	23252
    This was easy to find, but any pictures of the product out of box is alluding me.
    I know the pictures are out there, but most are not very detailed. Just a picture of the package and nothing of the actual product.

Here are all the designs from 1996-2005, all the 4T-5T size, and additionally a few of the 3T-4T sizes of the Disney Princess ones. They really dropped the printing quality near the end. I think my favorites are Minnie Mouse in the blue dress, the Jasmine portrait, and the second Minnie (1998) one with the pink and turquoise heart pattern all over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1996.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	23253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	23254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1999.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	23255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	23256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	23257  

Name:	2002.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	23258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002b.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	23259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2002c.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	23260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	23261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003b.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	23262  

Name:	2003c.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	23263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003d.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	23264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003e.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	23265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003f.jpg 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	23266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003g.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	23267  

Name:	2004.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	23268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004b.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	23269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004c.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	23270   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004d.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	23271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004e.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	23272  

Name:	2004f.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	23273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	23274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005b.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	23275