Not open for further replies.

Shyanne

Baby Foxtaur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Um so I know that it's not healthy to drink formula alot, I don't plan to. However I would enjoy getting some for rare occasions. But I've only tried two so far, Enfamil Infant and Soy and both were terrible, tasted like warm mashed potatoes.. v.v Are there any brands that actually taste good?

Last edited:
When I had my kids I would taste the formula before I gave it to them if I used a new kind. None really taste good at all. They do sell toddler drinks that are similar to formula but taste like vanilla or chocolate. And they are premixed for convenience. Also if you are only using on rare occasion be careful to check the expiration date.

Shyanne said:
Um so I know that it's not healthy to drink formula alot, I don't plan to. However I would enjoy getting some for rare occasions. But I've only tried two so far, Enfamil Infant and Soy and both were terrible, tasted like warm mashed potatoes.. v.v Are there any brands that actually taste good?

Want to try some good formula? Try milk.

What I think I'll do -- if I ever get the chance--:mad: is doctor up some chocolate Ensure with a bit of coffee. What can I say? Granny used to give it to me when I was, like, 5.

Anyway, this just popped into my head, like, half a second ago. How about a can of evaporated (not powdered or sweetened-condensed) milk with a touch of vanilla extract, or whatever flavor you like? You may need to add a bit of water.

When my kids were babies, I several times sampled what they were eating and drinking, and in most cases found it revolting. Formula, as a general rule, is a source of nutrition for very young children whose taste buds haven't been put in charge yet. If there's such a thing as flavored formula, I wouldn't advise giving it to a real baby, as a child who's old enough to care is probably old enough to be eating and drinking other, non-sugary things.

But back to what I've tried: We used both Similac and Enfamil with our kids, and both were unbearably disgusting -- like drinking extremely rusty water, due to the iron fortification. Definitely not recommended!

Snivy said:
Want to try some good formula? Try milk.
Thank you, Snivy, for a very strange read. I believe I've just examined the milk equivalent of a Magic 8-ball.

Cottontail said:
Thank you, Snivy, for a very strange read. I believe I've just examined the milk equivalent of a Magic 8-ball.

Anytime Cottontail, anytime o.o

kitterdafoxy said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Unless you're in a nursing home or a bomb shelter. If you are, then party on -- relatively speaking.)

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
... doctor up some chocolate Ensure with a bit of coffee. ... Granny used to give it to me when I was, like, 5.

Seeeeeeee what I mean?

My grandpa drank the stuff too. And he was an MD, so I'd like to think he knew what he was doing. (He still died, but I suppose that's par for the course.) I just don't think I could assimilate the stuff into a "baby" mentality, but then I have the same mental block when it comes to medical-looking diapers. Maybe I'm just narrow-minded.

Of course, in your case, SpAzpieSweeTot, you have a childhood experience to relive, and that can trump everything. Perhaps sadly, I could do the same with non-alcoholic beer. :chin:

Back to the OP: I don't see much point in toiling over "formula" when the real thing is so vile. If you want something kiddish to put in your bottle or sippy cup, go with plain old milk (not the Snivy kind) or reduced-sugar juice or something like that. Besides, at this age, if you still need all the brain-building nutrients that baby formula provides -- too late; you're perma-dumb.

Last edited:
Well, not formula, but still kinda the same thing for toddlers. Pediasure. That might taste like it. But in all honesty, it's gonna taste bad. Formula replaces breast milk. Just try real milk if you wanna have that experience. Make it even better by adding Hershey's syrup. But that's just the toddler kitten in me speaking, so take that with a grain of salt.

The kid's pedi sure things are pretty good. I'll drink the chocolate ones with breakfast. I've tried formula & didn't really care for it. But I also can't stand the taste of plain milk. Drove my parents crazy when I was little. After eating my cereal, I dump the milk down the drain.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
doctor up some chocolate Ensure with a bit of coffee. What can I say? Granny used to give it to me when I was, like, 5.
-- not the Ensure, the coffee. Yes, I was a kindergarten coffee snob, mocha in particular!:lol: The ensure thing came from my dad!:eek:ldguy::giggles: Boost tastes much better!

Anyway, this just popped into my head, like, half a second ago. How about a can of evaporated (not powdered or sweetened-condensed) milk with a touch of vanilla extract, or whatever flavor you like? You may need to add a bit of water.
Warm it, and add the water to thin it, so you get that satisfying, "formula cling," inside your bottle or sippy, without it being too thick.

When my little brother was about 18 months he wouldn't drink formula and he didn't eat food hardly at all because be was so picky so we would give him ensure or actually I think it was pediasure at the time and that tasted really yummy! :) and it's basically like formula :)

I love the taste of low Iron formula. every now and then I buy some and drink it from my bottle.

Vanilla almond milk!!

Carnation Instant Breakfast + Milk + Clear bottle = Lils perfect breakfast. It makes a great standin for formula

KerryLynn said:
Carnation Instant Breakfast + Milk + Clear bottle = Lils perfect breakfast. It makes a great standin for formula

Of all the replacements for formula given in this and other threads, I think this makes the most sense - an instant breakfast drink. I will need to try this at some point.

BabyDenise said:
Of all the replacements for formula given in this and other threads, I think this makes the most sense - an instant breakfast drink. I will need to try this at some point.
Take a little malt powder to thicken it up a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back