Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good tasting formula?

Default Good tasting formula?

Um so I know that it's not healthy to drink formula alot, I don't plan to. However I would enjoy getting some for rare occasions. But I've only tried two so far, Enfamil Infant and Soy and both were terrible, tasted like warm mashed potatoes.. v.v Are there any brands that actually taste good?
    Last edited by Shyanne; 16-Feb-2015 at 18:55.

When I had my kids I would taste the formula before I gave it to them if I used a new kind. None really taste good at all. They do sell toddler drinks that are similar to formula but taste like vanilla or chocolate. And they are premixed for convenience. Also if you are only using on rare occasion be careful to check the expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyanne View Post
    Um so I know that it's not healthy to drink formula alot, I don't plan to. However I would enjoy getting some for rare occasions. But I've only tried two so far, Enfamil Infant and Soy and both were terrible, tasted like warm mashed potatoes.. v.v Are there any brands that actually taste good?
    Want to try some good formula? Try milk.

What I think I'll do -- if I ever get the chance-- is doctor up some chocolate Ensure with a bit of coffee. What can I say? Granny used to give it to me when I was, like, 5.

Anyway, this just popped into my head, like, half a second ago. How about a can of evaporated (not powdered or sweetened-condensed) milk with a touch of vanilla extract, or whatever flavor you like? You may need to add a bit of water.

When my kids were babies, I several times sampled what they were eating and drinking, and in most cases found it revolting. Formula, as a general rule, is a source of nutrition for very young children whose taste buds haven't been put in charge yet. If there's such a thing as flavored formula, I wouldn't advise giving it to a real baby, as a child who's old enough to care is probably old enough to be eating and drinking other, non-sugary things.

But back to what I've tried: We used both Similac and Enfamil with our kids, and both were unbearably disgusting -- like drinking extremely rusty water, due to the iron fortification. Definitely not recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Want to try some good formula? Try milk.
    Thank you, Snivy, for a very strange read. I believe I've just examined the milk equivalent of a Magic 8-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Thank you, Snivy, for a very strange read. I believe I've just examined the milk equivalent of a Magic 8-ball.
    Anytime Cottontail, anytime o.o

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Unless you're in a nursing home or a bomb shelter. If you are, then party on -- relatively speaking.)

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    ... doctor up some chocolate Ensure with a bit of coffee. ... Granny used to give it to me when I was, like, 5.
    Seeeeeeee what I mean?

My grandpa drank the stuff too. And he was an MD, so I'd like to think he knew what he was doing. (He still died, but I suppose that's par for the course.) I just don't think I could assimilate the stuff into a "baby" mentality, but then I have the same mental block when it comes to medical-looking diapers. Maybe I'm just narrow-minded.

Of course, in your case, SpAzpieSweeTot, you have a childhood experience to relive, and that can trump everything. Perhaps sadly, I could do the same with non-alcoholic beer.

Back to the OP: I don't see much point in toiling over "formula" when the real thing is so vile. If you want something kiddish to put in your bottle or sippy cup, go with plain old milk (not the Snivy kind) or reduced-sugar juice or something like that. Besides, at this age, if you still need all the brain-building nutrients that baby formula provides -- too late; you're perma-dumb.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 16-Feb-2015 at 06:11.

BordercollieTrigger

I actually do like the Enfamil stuff for newborns tastes good to me. Its odd tastes good actually.