Have you seen this? Drop Your Pants for Depends "Underwareness Campaign"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentKnights

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Depend Underwareness

I didn't see a post on it already so I figured I should start the discussion. While it may not be completely related to ABDL life, I found Depends Underwareness campaign quite intriguing. From a marketing perspective, it's genius. From a DL perspective, I'm hoping it'll start to shift the mind of the public that wearing diapers/absorbent underwear is a bad thing. Maybe it'll have an impact, or maybe it'll just be a big flop. What do you think?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can see their campaign at Underwareness.com.

Reactions: OscarS
SilentKnights said:
From a DL perspective, I'm hoping it'll start to shift the mind of the public that wearing diapers/absorbent underwear is a bad thing.

I really hope your joking.

Probably a typo.

Freudian.:smile1:

I definitely meant "is not" a bad thing. Oops :p

:detective3 Perhaps there is a post already on this on ADISC, but I haven't seen it.

Depends has recently introduced a commercial campaign that is meant to support the individuals that need to wear a "different kind of underwear" for bladder protection. It is called, "Drop your Pants for Depends".

[video=youtube;rlQRy5lSbXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQRy5lSbXU[/video]

These commercials on on mainstream TV and they are all about promoting that it is okay to wear a different kind of underwear, in this case being more of their pullup style product, but it is a diaper none-the-less.

Depends has engaged other celebrities before to promote their product (such as Madonna, football players, and others) but in this case it is using everyday people and presenting an image to the world that it is okay to wear a diaper and that over 65 million may need to wear them or almost 1 in 4 Americans.

This is quite an intriguing promotion.

I am curious as to the reaction of our community to this.

Old..................there's my reaction.

This has been going on for years to come, nothing from Depend surprises me anymore.

Okay, sure.... after I posted this, then I find a couple of other posts. But perhaps this provides some new links for some of the new commercials that are being advertised. For me, the first time I saw it was on mainstream TV today. So I am not sure that it has gotten much attention elsewhere.

:detective3 I have to admit that I am very intrigued with how Depends is presenting this. It really is a presentation that it is not only okay, but acceptable to wear diapers. I realize that the promotion is to support those who NEED to wear, but the fact is that it does help to ease the stigma around an adult wearing a diaper or incontinent underwear.

Here is an additional commercial promotion.

[video=youtube;rxML8iusaqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rxML8iusaqo[/video]

The Text --

We’re on a mission to support the millions who may need a different kind of underwear. Its called Underwareness. And it starts with us. Depend employees
Drop your pants for UNDERWARENESS – DEPENDS

Rap music - -

“How many people may need a different kind of underwear? Over 65 million. Yup…

So we’re dropping our pants for them. Yup…

That’s almost one in four Americans. Heeey…

They’re younger than you think, truth be told… nearly half are under fifty. That’s not old! So drop your pants for a social cause for charity, its called Underwareness, and its kind of sexy!

We’re dropping pants…. I’m dropping them for underwareness… So wave your hands in the air if your legs are bare, just drop your pants for underwareness.

Spread the word through the world around every bend, here’s a great new cause comin’ at you from Depend. Let’s do this! Yes we can. Men and women, young and old, come on drop your pants.

No matter what they say we’re just keeping it real. A different kind of underwear is NO BIG DEAL.

Drop your pants in solidarity, for friends and family. Underwareness is the movement that will SET THEM FREE…

We’re dropping pants…. I’m dropping them for Underwareness… So wave your hands in the air, if your legs are bare, just drop your pants for Underwareness!

I am very curious as to other member's perceptions on this. Is it a good thing? :detective3

"...and its kind of sexy!..." Even as a DL, I find this to be a bit of a stretch.

American talk show host Sheryl Underwood reveals she wears Depends full time for need as part of the campaign, there's an interview out there.

I'm with SilentKnights in that I agree that for the non-wearing public to see this type of comercial presentation, it might just raise their awareness of the fact that wearing diapers/protective underwear isn't something that should have a negitave stigma attached.:)

I think it's great! I mean, it's totally just a marketing ploy for them, but it makes it just little easier for me, as someone who has to wear all the time, to be just a little less embarrassed about it.

Even though I think their products generally speaking suck, I do like the campaign :) I hope people are going to be a but more accepting :) The world seems to be headed in a good direction

TeddyBearCowboy said:
:detective3 I have to admit that I am very intrigued with how Depends is presenting this. It really is a presentation that it is not only okay, but acceptable to wear diapers. I realize that the promotion is to support those who NEED to wear, but the fact is that it does help to ease the stigma around an adult wearing a diaper or incontinent underwear.

Yes this is exactly what I have tried to say for over a year now. You see I have Asperger's syndrome and because of that people have misinterpreted what I was trying to say because I simply never had the ability to explain how I felt. I don't flaunt my incontinence but I do not go out of my way to either to to conform to societal standards of dubious standards.

I think its an alright thing for Depends to do but I honestly don't give a damn what other people think about those of us that wear diapers.

Kenn said:
"...and its kind of sexy!..." Even as a DL, I find this to be a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, non-DL's saying diaper wearing is kind of sexy gives me that same feeling as when my mom tried to show interest in my toys when I was a kid. It was well-meaning, but just ended up making me like my toys less. (Great example of this concept in the South Park "Chinpokomon" episode).

the only problem i see is that Depends "Underwear" is one of the worst products out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back