The New ConfiDry 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new revised (again) version of the Dry 24/7 and what your comments or thoughts are? Do the new green tapes stick better than the old blue ones? If the plastic is thinner is it still strong? Is the padding noticeably thinner? Any info will be greatly appreciated as I'm thinking about buying a case before the price increases!

New? Me and someone else here just split a case of mediums like 2 weeks ago and we got blue tabbed ones.

I just got a pack in a couple days ago and got blue tabs. Maybe there is a change on it's way

Paddedwolf said:
I just got a pack in a couple days ago and got blue tabs.

Ditto. I had never tried them before - what a great diaper!

Bought some less than a month ago and the tabs are still blue-stripped. I don't think the newest rendition has made it to the "shelves" yet.

I just got some this week and they have blue tapes. I use diaper pins to reinforce the tapes.

As for the ones I got, the tapes work fine but aren't as good as Bambino's tapes.

I've had it with 24/7. I will probably go with Rearz next.

That's all I wear is the Dry. I've never had a problem with them. The new design has only blue tapes now? Not white and blue?

If you look them up on youtube someone did a review of the revised Dry24/7s that have the green second chance tapes instead of blue. I received an email from ConfiDry back in January about the sale going on to try the "new" diapers. I guess other places like XPMedical are selling old stock at a cheaper price instead of the new ones? I would buy a case from XP while they are on sale but I don't want the old tapes, they don't work for me and I hate having to use packing tape.

- - - Updated - - -

dillpickle said:
That's all I wear is the Dry. I've never had a problem with them. The new design has only blue tapes now? Not white and blue?

They still have the white tape along with the second chance tape (soon to be green from what I hear)

It will be interesting to see how the "new" tapes hold up, and if they fixed the previous tape problem. I almost never have a tape issue with the Dry's, but then again I don't stick them to the padding so there is less moving around. :)

Can't wait for green tapes. I like that color. :) Are they really going to sell a thinner diaper or will it be the same thickness?

DLMunky said:
If you look them up on youtube someone did a review of the revised Dry24/7s that have the green second chance tapes instead of blue.

Would you mind posting the URL to the video?

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond and sorry for the missleading information. I watched this gentlemans video on Youtube, he tested a production run of Dry24/7 diapers with green tapes. I couldn't find his video because he deleted it! I guess for some reason now DryCare has abandoned the better green tapes idea and is sticking (ha ha) with the blue tapes (that pop off). Here is the link to his new video :
http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=La2Ze0LRJ2Q

If the link does not work search "update to dry24/7 diapers and some changes coming" on youtube.

So 24/7 is once again off of my list, on another thread Bouncyboy reported that Rearz Inspire has the same tape-popping problem, NorthShore will not manufacture an intermediate size....what is a DL to do?

Kenn said:
NorthShore will not manufacture an intermediate size....what is a DL to do?

"swim" in a large of course ;)

DLMunky said:
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new revised (again) version of the Dry 24/7 and what your comments or thoughts are? Do the new green tapes stick better than the old blue ones? If the plastic is thinner is it still strong? Is the padding noticeably thinner? Any info will be greatly appreciated as I'm thinking about buying a case before the price increases!
The ones I have got blue tapes. They work just fine. When you tape them on, just rub the tapes a bit to make sure they really stick. Doing that I've never had a tape come off.

Last I heard (from an unconfirmed source), they ditched the green tapes because they were going to go through another redesign that might include a tape panel. Can't remember who said that though, and if it is reliable.

BambinoPants said:
The ones I have got blue tapes. They work just fine. When you tape them on, just rub the tapes a bit to make sure they really stick. Doing that I've never had a tape come off.

So you got a good batch....so far... Mine was about half and half. I consistently use the tip of my nail to rub the tapes down and always at the same snug fit. I am not the only one to experience tape stick variability.

Kenn said:
So you got a good batch....so far... Mine was about half and half. I consistently use the tip of my nail to rub the tapes down and always at the same snug fit. I am not the only one to experience tape stick variability.

I must be getting good batches for the last year because I've never seen green tapes. I put them on very tight and snug too. Ya, after reading this I'd seen others reply on receiving green tapes as well. What would be cool is if they came out with a landing zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back