Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderline Pedophilia in YouTube comments sections

Default Borderline Pedophilia in YouTube comments sections

This is something that disturbs me. I often find myself rolling through YouTube watching some diaper videos. When I come across one that happens to contain someone of Young age (typically 8 or below (5-8 are joke videos, 4 or below are mostly legitimate videos).

Should I run into one of those videos, my response is "that's cute" and I'll move on. But if I go into the comments section or try to find another video and my eyes glance over, I will find multiple comments like "poop the diaper" or "then his diaper got ripped off". One person on a clip for "We need to talk about Kevin" wrote "he has a cute butt".

It simply disturbs me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDgKxhjpVc0

90% of the comments are just "Meh", but the last two comments are... I don't even know how to describe them, just look for yourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themanswifesman View Post
    This is something that disturbs me. I often find myself rolling through YouTube watching some diaper videos. When I come across one that happens to contain someone of Young age (typically 8 or below (5-8 are joke videos, 4 or below are mostly legitimate videos).

Should I run into one of those videos, my response is "that's cute" and I'll move on. But if I go into the comments section or try to find another video and my eyes glance over, I will find multiple comments like "poop the diaper" or "then his diaper got ripped off". One person on a clip for "We need to talk about Kevin" wrote "he has a cute butt".

It simply disturbs me.
    With the vast amount of youtube users, there are probobly thousands of Pedos mixed in.

YouTube comments that don't pertain to just diaper videos are typically just as vile/eye roll inducing. It's just the nature of the beast.

Ignore comments.

It's YouTube. If you read the comments on almost any video there, you'll quickly lose your faith in humanity. I've witnessed comments on the site which support Nazism, showcase shameless paedophilia, condone rape, murder and torture, and essentially all the other repulsive things in between. Essentially, it's just a breeding ground for morons, creeps and, more than anything else, trolls. There's nothing you can really do about these people, and a lot of them are just commenting to get a reaction out of people. I'd actually say those comments possibly have less to do with actual paedophilia, and more to do with simply trying to shock and offend.

Obi-Wan Kenobi once said of Mos Eisley: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." This is because YouTube comments didn't exist yet.

I'm always amazed as to how stupid people are. You Tube comments just confirms my beliefs. Watching Judge Judy doesn't help either.

I think YouTube comments in particular are a place where people enjoy the opportunity to intentionally act stupid. They're like the backroom of a bar where everyone has already had 3 or 4 drinks and they're all trying to one-up each other in a BSing contest.

It's not just YouTube. This kind of pollution is everywhere. Ever search for diaper questions on Yahoo! Answers?

Now I've said too much.

Actually, not quite: The Yahoo! Answers thing actually bothers me more that the YouTube comments, because there are many, many examples of AB/DLs -- or people who seem to be AB/DLs -- posting diaper and fetish questions to the Parenting categories, or in other inappropriate places. Often times these are contrived to look legitimate until you get about halfway through, and then you realize they were typed with one hand. As somebody who periodically surfs Yahoo! Answers and responds to, among many things, AB/DL questions, this stuff stands out as an opportunity for us to demonstrate some self-control and not look like a bunch of HNGs. /rant.

When it comes to youtube comments and yahoo answers, there is a simple solution: Just don't.

On videos involving diapers or generally anything. . . there's always at least one asshole. Just report and move on. It's disgusting that people make pedophilic comments about videos people put up online. I've even heard people say "Well maybe you shouldn't put videos of your kids online" or "Don't do a blog about your kids" Uh no. . . It infuriates me to no end that this sort of thing happens, not to mention gets pinned on kids parents for putting videos up in the first place. Like srsly, if people didn't make pedo comments and weren't pedos to begin with, then there wouldn't be an issue.

I'm a strong supporter of the 'burn the pedophile in a ring of fire' idea. Or anyone who abuses sexual related things, rape, molestation, all of it. These people don't deserve the chance to be productive parts of the community.

In my opinion this goes a lot deeper and kind of shows that just being able to interact with each other doesn't make for a good social medium. From a certain standpoint, I wouldn't categorize sites like twitter, 9gag, or youtube as social media at all, with the exception that youtube does provide a plattform for rather close-knit relations between content creators. And that is actually my point: The more a medium provides such a plattform, the more social it is. Rules that are enforced by the community/provider and sanctions for transgressing those rules are one part of the story. The other part is for the community to provide some means for meaning making, a reason to take part in a community. The more the members of a community engage with the community, the better the quality of the discussions/content is going to be and trolls usually don't stand much a chance for interrupting. In that case, even anonymity 'disappears': The fact that people don't know your face or RL-name doesn't matter any longer, as your actions and thoughts are much more personality defining. If you participate actively in a community, you are going to show a lot of who you are, no matter what.
    Adisc is quite a good example for that. A couple of months back someone posted that he was fed up by all the trolls and fakes and storytellers here. I answered, that if they are in fact fakes and storytellers, they are not going to be interested in participating and will eventually disappear sooner or later. None of those people is still around right now...

Which leads to the second question: Why are so many people such enormous dicks in the first place? I don't know, but all the explanations about anonymity and psychological barriers, while probably not wrong, don't convince me a 100%. But I'm quite sure that missing self-regulating 'community mechanisms' do play a huge part in it.