Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative uses for baby items

Default Alternative uses for baby items

I use baby oil for shining my car's tires. I also use it to lube my feet as protection against blisters. (I spend a lot of time on my feet at work.) Anyone else use "baby" items in unorthodox ways?

I've used diapers to soak up spills (they're basically SAP pillows), that's about it.

Not sure it counts there but I always clean myself with a baby wipe after doing #2, I'm never satisfied by the cleaning with regular toilet paper, I always have a pack of carry-on baby wipes with me at all time in my backpack, quite handy.

I use baby powder on my "boys" everyday to keep them from sticking to my legs

I use baby wipes to treat mosquito bites.

You can use the SAP from the diapers mixed in with soil to keep your plants watered, needing watering less often and prevent over watering. You can also put the powder in a balloon and add some water, keep it in the fridge as a cold pack for burns/ hot days.

Also some diaper rash creams can be good for treating sunburn or other burns.

I use baby lotion (lotion in general wouldn't make a difference, but i like the smell) to style my hair. It stiffens just enough to keep my hair how I want it, but it doesn't create dandruff, and it gives the opportunity for the lotion to keep my scalp a little healthier. I also feel like it helps keep soft hair.

Baby wipes are good for removing makeup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I use baby lotion (lotion in general wouldn't make a difference, but i like the smell) to style my hair. It stiffens just enough to keep my hair how I want it, but it doesn't create dandruff, and it gives the opportunity for the lotion to keep my scalp a little healthier. I also feel like it helps keep soft hair.
    Using lotion in your hair also helps to keep the static down.

BordercollieTrigger

Well i use the Desitin cream a few times a week only and i use baby diapees as stuffers. I also use baby wipes they great for cleaning tables desks and lots more.

i use my bottle warmer to heat up tubes of epoxy glue to make it easier to mix