Just Came Back from a "Purge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvtowearpampers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks. I have a little bit better understanding of the binge/purge cycle now. A few weeks ago I went all out and bought a few packs of diapers as well as a sippy cup and a pacifier. Then a few days later, I just didn't feel the urge to get diapered. Which brings me to a philosophy: you can have too much of a good thing. Then, you won't find it as being special. The binge is when you are really into AB/DL and thinking about it and participating a lot. Then it doesn't feel special anymore, so you stop for a little while. I ended the "purge" by wearing and using a Goodnite yesterday; I remembered how great it felt and it felt special. I think I'll make myself some AB/DL rules such as only allowing myself to wear two days a week, and only wearing to bed on SIDF. Have you had similar experiences to this?
Luvtowearpampers

I dealt with the binge/purge cycle pretty heavily earlier on in my adult AB/DL experience. Most of the purge had to do with guilt. I would enjoy myself and allow masturbation/sexuality to creep in and take over. I would then feel super guilty about the whole thing and disgusted with myself and throw everything away. As you can imagine this got pretty costly and the repulsed feeling was always short lived.

The best way I found to combat it (and in my opinion the better way to maintain your stash) is to avoid the sexual part as much as possible. If you must masturbate - do it as an adult without diapers on/looking at diapers or people in diapers. Keep diapers/age play and sex separate.

This at least helped me keep from being grossed out or compelled to purge. Certainly there are periods where I'm just not into it...but as BitterGrey would say it's more a hunger than lust. You reach a point of satisfaction and you're OK for awhile. Then your hunger comes back. (http://understanding.infantilism.org/abdl_sexuality.php)

He also has a good article on the topic - I can't recommend him or his site more. (http://understanding.infantilism.org/binge-purge_cycle.php)

My advice is to keep it innocent. But you'll go through times where you might wear everyday for 2 weeks and after that not wear for 3...and that's OK. It doesn't mean you're done with it...it just means you are satisfied. If the urge to purge is great I recommend "loaning" your gear to a friend for safe keeping. This strategy saved my skin (and money) a few times.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

Yes, you're certainly not alone. I had terrible binge and purge cycles when I was young, and for the same reasons, same cycle of wearing followed by sexual gratification. Now at my age, it has mellowed out. Rather than throw things away, just put them away where no one, including yourself, can see them. Then when the urge returns, they're there.

abdilly said:
I dealt with the binge/purge cycle pretty heavily earlier on in my adult AB/DL experience. Most of the purge had to do with guilt. I would enjoy myself and allow masturbation/sexuality to creep in and take over. I would then feel super guilty about the whole thing and disgusted with myself and throw everything away. As you can imagine this got pretty costly and the repulsed feeling was always short lived.

The best way I found to combat it (and in my opinion the better way to maintain your stash) is to avoid the sexual part as much as possible. If you must masturbate - do it as an adult without diapers on/looking at diapers or people in diapers. Keep diapers/age play and sex separate.

This at least helped me keep from being grossed out or compelled to purge. Certainly there are periods where I'm just not into it...but as BitterGrey would say it's more a hunger than lust. You reach a point of satisfaction and you're OK for awhile. Then your hunger comes back. (http://understanding.infantilism.org/abdl_sexuality.php)

He also has a good article on the topic - I can't recommend him or his site more. (http://understanding.infantilism.org/binge-purge_cycle.php)

My advice is to keep it innocent. But you'll go through times where you might wear everyday for 2 weeks and after that not wear for 3...and that's OK. It doesn't mean you're done with it...it just means you are satisfied. If the urge to purge is great I recommend "loaning" your gear to a friend for safe keeping. This strategy saved my skin (and money) a few times.

Keep the sex out of it? What would even be the point? I'm glad if that works for you but it would defeat the entire purpose from where I stand. The notion of loaning (if possible) works better but it's all pretty moot to me now. I'm happy with things as they are and expect to remain so.

Trevor said:
Keep the sex out of it? What would even be the point? I'm glad if that works for you but it would defeat the entire purpose from where I stand. The notion of loaning (if possible) works better but it's all pretty moot to me now. I'm happy with things as they are and expect to remain so.

Hey, I never said that part was easy! But I hang on the AB side of things though I live as a DL. It's what works for me. If you've found a balance that works - more power to you! This is just the balance that works for me.

I don't necessarily go through a binge/purge cycle its more like interested/not interested kind of thing, which I guess is kind of what you are describing. I wear diapers only when I want to regress. Some-days I want to, others I don't and other times I'm just too busy.

Just don't over do things and take it slow it helps with the purge. Also I've always given myself a cool down time before I ever got rid of anything, if you feel like doing a full purge again just stop with everything diapers for a week put everything away and see if that helps.

Welcome back!

I must have been half sleep this morning as I thought it said "I've just come back from prauge "

abdilly said:

dogboy said:
Yes, you're certainly not alone. I had terrible binge and purge cycles when I was young, and for the same reasons, same cycle of wearing followed by sexual gratification. Now at my age, it has mellowed out. Rather than throw things away, just put them away where no one, including yourself, can see them. Then when the urge returns, they're there.
I have those, there awful, anyway welcome back, luvtowearpampers.

luvtowearpampers said:
Well I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks. I have a little bit better understanding of the binge/purge cycle now. A few weeks ago I went all out and bought a few packs of diapers as well as a sippy cup and a pacifier. Then a few days later, I just didn't feel the urge to get diapered. Which brings me to a philosophy: you can have too much of a good thing. Then, you won't find it as being special. The binge is when you are really into AB/DL and thinking about it and participating a lot. Then it doesn't feel special anymore, so you stop for a little while. I ended the "purge" by wearing and using a Goodnite yesterday; I remembered how great it felt and it felt special. I think I'll make myself some AB/DL rules such as only allowing myself to wear two days a week, and only wearing to bed on SIDF. Have you had similar experiences to this?
Luvtowearpampers

I can relate a lot with your experience. I go through periods, usually a few days or long periods during a day, that I don't wear or regress, where I'm in my normal adult self.

It's interesting because there are sometimes periods of disinterest of a week or a few weeks. When I go back again it's like finding the reason why I like and keep returning to it. It always feels good to go back after a few days but it feels way better after a week or more. So I agree completely with the sentence "you can have too much of a good thing".

This got me thinking that one thing that is usually overlook in the abdl community I think, although I could be wrong, is that we tend to focus too much, for obvious reason, is on our fetish/fantasy.

Something that is ovelooked or not stressed enough most of the time, I think, is that most of us spend the day being adults and enjoying it and enjoying all the activities and interests that every individual has. And abdl works as an escape or a fantasy to return and experience for a moment again the innocence and beauty of childhood. Not because the adult life is negative, although of course it has its ups and downs, but because we can have a glimpse and a feeling of being a child and experience it's positives again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back