SAP Comparison? Northshore Supremes/Bambino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all! I'm pretty much limited to one case of one brand of diapers at a time right now, due to the need to hide them effectively...So, I thought I'd plead for help on something I have been curious about.

I'm trying to figure out two things that are particularly important features to me in a diaper: 1.) do they tend to clump up horribly when wet, due to a high pulp volume 2.) Is their SAP content quite high?

My previous sort of go-to diaper has been bambinos, which don't really clump up at all, ever--and seem to be very high in SAP. Does anyone know if the new(ish) NorthShore supremes are comparable? And actually...while we're on the topic, how about the new Dry 24/7? I know they're supposed to be crazy absorbent, but do they clump up much..?

Thanks a ton in advance!!

I think the NorthShore may be higher in SAP than a Teddy/Classico/Bianco. I have no issues with the NorthShore clumping. I do have issues with the Dry 24/7 clumping and falling apart, but that may be a fit issue (too big).

Tygon said:
I think the NorthShore may be higher in SAP than a Teddy/Classico/Bianco. I have no issues with the NorthShore clumping. I do have issues with the Dry 24/7 clumping and falling apart, but that may be a fit issue (too big).

Great, thanks for the info!! I actually completely forgot about the fit honestly...aren't the Dry 24/7 supposed to fit kind of large? I have about a 28' waist, so I'm pretty solidly in the SM range I guess, but it sounds like the NorthShore smalls might be closer to the actual sizing I'm looking for. Hopefully!

Dry 24/7 fit very big for their stated size range. The medium fits more like a large and the small, more like a medium in other brands. I wear medium Bambinos, Abenas, Tenas, NorthShore, etc. for reference, but find the medium Dry 24/7 is big to the point that I can't get a good fit around the legs. I was skeptical of the smalls fitting me (35" waist, actual measurement), but they are a better fit than the medium Dry 24/7.

As for the NorthShore, their mediums are sized a bit on the small side. This may be advantageous to you, because they don't actually make their plastic backed Supreme in size small. The cloth back comes in small, however, and it's still a good product.

Tygon said:
Dry 24/7 fit very big for their stated size range. The medium fits more like a large and the small, more like a medium in other brands. I wear medium Bambinos, Abenas, Tenas, NorthShore, etc. for reference, but find the medium Dry 24/7 is big to the point that I can't get a good fit around the legs. I was skeptical of the smalls fitting me (35" waist, actual measurement), but they are a better fit than the medium Dry 24/7.

As for the NorthShore, their mediums are sized a bit on the small side. This may be advantageous to you, because they don't actually make their plastic backed Supreme in size small. The cloth back comes in small, however, and it's still a good product.

Oh thanks!! Truthfully I didn't realize they didn't carry a size Small! It *sounds* like I might be alright with a medium though. Medium bambino's justttt barely fit me without being too huge, so hopefully it'll be fine!

Oh a side note...HOLY BANANAS Northshore has incredible customer service. I sent in a request for a sample for sizing reasons, and got a reply back almost instantly. This is amazing, compared to bambino which has, to date..not replied to a single question I've sent in. Hopefully they live up to the hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back