Thread: Final Fantasy XI?

Exclamation Final Fantasy XI?

Has anyone played FFXI Online? I wish to start playing, but I'm hesitant due to the monthly fee...
    It looks quite fun. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfused... View Post
    Has anyone played FFXI Online? I wish to start playing, but I'm hesitant due to the monthly fee...
    It looks quite fun. Is it worth it?
    WoW is better I think. But in the end both cost like 15 bucks per month and I don't think its worth it. Plus if I did have either one I would put so much time into it just to know I am getting my money's worth. Pretty much I know I'll become a idiotic WoW addict. Though in my case I would know I was on that path and did nothing to stop it, hench why I didn't go past the trial phase.

I play FFXI on the Lakshmi server, and I can tell you, there are so many things to do that it boggles even my mind. It's a game where you really can't survive if you don't do the research, like looking up quests and bosses, figuring out monster drops, browsing the auction house and seeing what sells best, and not to mention crafting. They've done an excellent job balancing the many "jobs", with the majority of primary damage-dealers having a roughly equal footing with each other (puppetmasters have been nerfed to LOL proportions, but I haven't looked into that really.)

Honestly, I can vouch for the quality of FFXI, as long as you don't mind studying ffxiclopedia.com in between parties.

FFXI is a complected game to succeed in, if you like strategy and development then go for it but if you prefer action i will tell you to stay away

Thanks for the replies! I actually think i'm gonna try it. Hopefully i'll get the PC version, but i may have to get it for 360 =\ I'm really excited about trying it, it looks so deep =)

Join Lakshmi and go Mithra! We have an all-mithra linkshell going with like 80 members so far