Babykins Cloth Diapers and Doublers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carboi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I recently bought a Babykins cloth diaper (the 11500) and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on whether it is necessary to use the doublers they sell in order to get the necessary capacity. Can anyone tell me what kind of volume they can handle out of the box, as it were? And further can anyone recommend a store where one could buy doublers (suitable for an adult) or the material needed to make doublers?

Last edited:
You can call them they have an 800 number they are very nice and very helpful

See, my issue there is that I haven't been able to say the word "diaper" since I was 13 without having a panic attack. I threw them an email though. I couldn't find their contact information before. GOOD IDEA! Thank you.

Carboi said:
And further can anyone recommend a store where one could buy doublers (suitable for an adult) or the material needed to make doublers?

Since you already bought the diaper, you may as well give it a shot without any booster pads and see what happens. :) One would hope that the "standard" (no boosters) absorbency would be good for something!

Besides Babykins, you can get adult-sized cloth booster pads from Changing Times, Dependeco, Snap-EZ, and a few others. If instant gratification is your thing, though, you can probably find a Babies 'R' Us or a maternity store in your area that sells cloth diapers for babies, and specifically prefolds. I use baby prefolds as boosters all the time. You just fold them in thirds, width-wise, and lay them in your adult diaper. They're a bit shorter than most purpose-made adult booster pads, but they work very well.

I've found the common Bummis, OsoCozy, and Gerber baby prefolds in maternity and baby stores near me, and any of those diapers would make a fine booster. My favorite booster diapers, though, are the bamboo baby prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers -- SOOOO soft! But those are an order-online thing.

Cottontail said:
Since you already bought the diaper, you may as well give it a shot without any booster pads and see what happens. :) One would hope that the "standard" (no boosters) absorbency would be good for something!

Besides Babykins, you can get adult-sized cloth booster pads from Changing Times, Dependeco, Snap-EZ, and a few others. If instant gratification is your thing, though, you can probably find a Babies 'R' Us or a maternity store in your area that sells cloth diapers for babies, and specifically prefolds. I use baby prefolds as boosters all the time. You just fold them in thirds, width-wise, and lay them in your adult diaper. They're a bit shorter than most purpose-made adult booster pads, but they work very well.

I've found the common Bummis, OsoCozy, and Gerber baby prefolds in maternity and baby stores near me, and any of those diapers would make a fine booster. My favorite booster diapers, though, are the bamboo baby prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers -- SOOOO soft! But those are an order-online thing.

Ah OK cool, thanks a lot. To be honest I don't fully understand how cloth diapers work :sweatdrop: (they were never my thing until I decided to branch out a bit) so I need to get mine and play around a bit to figure out everything. I was a bit worried that boosters were absolutely necessary for the diaper to do its task but it seems that's not the case. I will test it. I got the impression that it should probably be OK but I like to feel super duper secure. I always get ghost leaks!

I'm not adverse to ordering online but my new diaper is going to get here with my new pacifier (be jealous) right before reading week and I was super excited to have a few little seshes. They tout their boosters pretty hard on the site so I was just getting a bit anxious that things wouldn't work out. The Green Mountain boosters are for babies am I correct? Do you have any particular recommendations for adult boosters should I feel the need to go that direction?

I discovered this diaper after I ordered from babykins and I'm pretty sure I need it in my life so I may be making an order from there which may include a dependeco booster or two.

I have found the standard with no booster is good for a day time diaper, 1 or 2 wetting, the booster will get you to 3 to 4 wettings, a good night time diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back