Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feminst aborts baby because its male.....

Default Feminst aborts baby because its male.....

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/09/fe...-dont-approve/

Story seems to be fake please ignore

So this happened at first glace it appears not to be satire but I am still unsure.
    Anyway my personal view is that this aborting is a bodily rights issue and I heavily support it as apart of a 1st world functioning society.
    But this makes me question my stance slightly, probably because its inherently immoral on a level i struggle to comprehend.

Anyway thoughts ?

Her response http://injusticestories.com/lana-res...-her-abortion/
    Last edited by JuliusSeizure; 10-Feb-2015 at 22:23. Reason: Hes a middle-class, middle-brow, middle-weight, middle-aged Climate change denier

What's there to comprehend? It's a mentally unstable woman who probably wouldn't be a great mother anyway.

The only thing bothering you about it is because you're associating it with inherent feminism instead of mental illness.

This has nothin to do with feminism and the article isn't even well written. If anything in the article is true which I highly doubt by the way then the lady in question has no clue what feminism actually means an sounds like a spoiled brat riding on te coat tails of a cause she belives will make her special by association since she obviously hasn't even bothered to look up the definition of feminism at all.

And sex selective abortions are neither new nor restricted to so called "feminists" it's been a thing for a long long time but freedom of choice means accepting that some people will make that choice based on the sex of there child rather than the nature of there pregnancy.

With all good things come the 1% who chose to abuse it. Learn to ignore them or risk mucking it up for the 99% with good intentions is the only choice left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    What's there to comprehend? It's a mentally unstable woman who probably wouldn't be a great mother anyway.

The only thing bothering you about it is because you're associating it with inherent feminism instead of mental illness.
    I agree she wouldn't be a great mother.
    What is bothering me is other possible occurrences like this and whether such systems are rife to abuse ( though i think this is a very isolated case), correct me if im wrong but I saw nothing that suggests mental illness this is an assumption you are making ?
    Last edited by JuliusSeizure; 10-Feb-2015 at 09:59. Reason: The wicked witch is dead

Think of it this way,

Would you rather a person abort a child based on its sex before its born

Or

Murder there infant for the same reasons?

Before abortion and actually even now girl babies were murdered as soon as they were born. Either buried alive or stoned or in some cases pins were inserted into the skull. This happened less than 100 years ago to put it into perspective.

Abortion is a great thing because it offers women who are in need of it a safe alternative to a coat hanger or dangerous drugs.

Any and all systems have those who abuse them, that's human nature. Condemning all because of one though doesn't make sense. And it doesn't happen as often as you would think.

EDIT: Im not saying that what she did was right, I find it morally disgusting BUT it was her right to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Think of it this way,

Would you rather a person abort a child based on its sex before its born

Or

Murder there infant for the same reasons?

Abortion is a great thing because it offers women who are in need of it a safe alternative to a coat hanger or dangerous drugs.
    I agree abortion is a fantastic thing and I actively support it, and I am aware of what used to and still can/does happen in some places.

Also to be frank in one sense I am sort of glad the person did have an abortion because i suspect they may have been a horribly abusive to a male child(frankly shouldn't have children).

But yes you are right I wouldn't condemn all and I don't, but on a personal level it is insanely hard to even understand someone doing this. I think my emotional response to this is to strong to make an informed decision.
    Last edited by JuliusSeizure; 10-Feb-2015 at 09:59. Reason: Fighting trousers

Do you honestly have any reason to believe that she's mentally stable? Are you forsaking occam's razor for conspiracy that there's some widespread feminist agenda to abort males. It's just some woman consumed with some crippling anxiety towards men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    Are you forsaking occam's razor for conspiracy that there's some widespread feminist agenda to abort males. It's just some woman consumed with some crippling anxiety towards men.

I never suggested the latter? at what point did I suggest a feminst agenda?
    Also Hitchen's razor> Occam's razor, occams razor isnt always true its just a tool. I haven't asserted any serious claims I even said this is a very an isolated incident.

Hitchens razor, what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, there is no good or demonstrable evidence of mental illness.
    Last edited by JuliusSeizure; 10-Feb-2015 at 09:58. Reason: I'm british

You do like to stir up controversy for a good discussion. I didn't mean to suggest that you believed in was some conspiracy, I was just highlighting the ridiculousness of some alternative assumption. Considering the lengths the article goes to paint her as irrational and the oblivious response she gave, I think it's enough evidence to make a casual assumption that she's not right in the head.

I'm just saying I'm not surprised or shocked. She needs help she won't like or accept.

You can legally have an abortion for any reason you choose, so why she had the abortion is irrelevant.