Abena Abri-Form X-Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys, been a while since I posted here due to work but I was wondering if the X-Plus is discontinued because I can't seem to locate any?

The Abena website doesn't have any at all.

It's all rather confusing. A few years ago, Abena renamed the X-Plus using a letter to indicate size and a number for absorbency. So a medium X-Plus became an M4.

Then, about 18 months ago (I think?), Abena officially changed their plastic-backed Abri-Form diapers to use cloth-like backsheets and introduced the Abena Premium range (aka Air Plus) which were almost identical, except the backsheet was breathable and there was a bit of elastic in the tapes.

After many complaints, Abena decided to unofficially continue production of the plastic-backed M4 and L4 in the US, and some European resellers also seem to have got hold of some.

There don't seem to be any UK sites you can order the plastic-backed Abenas from any more, but Save Express in Germany still sell them:

http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...m-slip-weiss-15.25.03.1106-folie-14er-packung

Abena changed their naming, they are now called S4, M4 and L4 depending on size.
Sadly they seem to moving away from the plastic to the fake cloth cover.

Seeing that you are from the UK, you could easily order from http://www.saveexpress.de
They have Abenas with plastic cover and many more (any diaper with the description "foil" is plastic there)
Use google translate to understand better what everything is.

*edit* HAH! Tiny beat me to it :p

FJR89 said:
Hey guys, been a while since I posted here due to work but I was wondering if the X-Plus is discontinued because I can't seem to locate any?

The Abena website doesn't have any at all.

Last edited:
Well that sucks, I bought some Air Plus and they are a really loose fit because the material is crap. The tabs really don't take much to break off.

Anyway I've ordered ComfiCare L10's, I hope they can live up to the mighty L4's which I do miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back