BKN Nappies UK. Seams they're real after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Guy's

Just thought I'd inform you that the post I put up a few months ago about a new nappy for the UK called BKN Nappies seams they were telling the truth after all these nappies look quite cool. I've been emailed and the guy said they were due to receive them in around 30 or so day's time as they were on there way! bkn 2.jpgbkn 3.jpgbkn.jpg

Here are some pics for you to view.

One thing I must add they're bloody expensive 1 pack of 10 plus shipping £24 and that's in the UK alone! Hmmm as much as I like trying new nappies think I'll stick with a sample to test if they're any good?! I'm thinking if they are that's still a lot of dosh that's up there with Fabine prices!!

Fair enough they're a new company starting out and maybe when they start getting orders ( if they do at those prices) they might star bringing the prices down. Suppose we all got to start somewhere.
www.bknnappies.co.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: Thalie
Good to hear you got them okay, but I'm afraid I'd have to say that I'd avoid that website like the plague. It looks just like a scam site. Actually... it's slightly less convincing than a scam site...

There are no contact details listed anywhere on the site (other than a disposable GMail email address). The domain is registered to an individual with a fake name ("BKN Nappies") at an address and postcode that don't even exist.

Oh, and they're not registered with Companies House, and nor do they display a VAT or company number on the site. That might not be necessary if they're a small company with insignificant profits, but it means that you have absolutely no idea who you're dealing with.

Sorry to be so sceptical, but this is exactly how you'd set up a scam site. It rings all the alarm bells. I wonder if it's legal for a business to trade using an individually-registered site or to fail to provide legitimate contact information...?

Is it reasonable to trust a company that lies about who and where they are...?

If the owner is genuine, he/she really needs to address these issues as I doubt many potential customers would be willing to throw their money into a black hole and hope for the best. Fingers-crossed that this all gets sorted out -- the nappies look quite nice.

They look so cute, and putting aside said problems, hope you can get a sample :)

It's encouraging to see upstart AB/DL diaper companies venturing into the one-tape-per-side market. The tapes on these look pretty decent, too.

I wish they'd have left off the big "BKN Premiums" thing on the front, though. The URL on Fabines was enough of a turn-off, and that was relatively small. These BKN diapers look like they've got a neon sign from a 1950's diner stuck to the front of them. And "BKN"? May as well read "BVD".

Ultimate fail on that part.

Last edited:
We should encourage BKN not criticise them

I just wanted to say that these nappies look great, and we should encourage BKN.

I guess it probably very expensive to get a product like this to market, and they have shown integrity so far.

If we all support them, then they can afford to invest in newer products, a better website, and better service.

I think these nappies will be fantastic.

Cottontail said:
It's encouraging to see upstart AB/DL diaper companies venturing into the one-tape-per-side market. The tapes on these look pretty decent, too.

I wish they'd have left off the big "BKN Premiums" thing on the front, though. The URL on Fabines was enough of a turn-off, and that was relatively small. These BKN diapers look like they've got a neon sign from a 1950's diner stuck to the front of them. And "BKN"? May as well read "BVD".

Ultimate fail on that part.

workconfident said:
I just wanted to say that these nappies look great, and we should encourage BKN.

I guess it probably very expensive to get a product like this to market, and they have shown integrity so far.

If we all support them, then they can afford to invest in newer products, a better website, and better service.

I think these nappies will be fantastic.

Integrity? Considering almost all your 10 posts relate to these BKN nappies I think it's safe to assume you have some personal investment in the product. I advise other users to bear this in mind.

We encourage honesty on this forum.

You fucked up.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with it

Hi there,

I've nothing to do with BKN - I just really like the look at the nappies, and like the fact that they're an alternative to cuddlz.

Nothing more than that.

MarcusBear said:

Integrity? Considering almost all your 10 posts relate to these BKN nappies I think it's safe to assume you have some personal investment in the product. I advise other users to bear this in mind.

We encourage honesty on this forum.

You fucked up.

they take payment with paypal, if they were scamming i doubt theyd want to use paypal as their default option,

it seems our community is always so paranoid, skeptical, and judgmental.

the product isnt even out yet lets give them a chance.

i placed an order

workconfident said:
I've nothing to do with BKN
Thanks for clarifying, workconfident. I trust you'll understand how some affiliation might be assumed, given that you joined on the day the BKN site went live and have talked about nothing but BKN. To help clear the air, you might consider filling out your profile and creating an Introduction thread for yourself so that we may know who you are, rather than who you aren't.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just thought I'd update this thread. I received a sample pack direct from the manufacturer today (four units). They are indeed real and I'll post some pictures later on if folks would like. :) It's my birthday today so I'm thinking of going out for a padded hike in the Santa Monicas. Stay dry! <3

Just another update: I wore one in the hot tub tonight. I have NEVER worn a diaper that swelled like this one did. I compare it to genuine Pampers swell (overloaded) except scaled up to adult sizes. It's IMMENSE. I thought for sure it would explode when I sat down but it seems to have held together nicely. Two downsides I've found: one, while the single tapes are huge and hold amazingly well, they are a bit TOO big, and can hit your thigh while sitting or walking a lot. Or if you adjust them higher, they can be irritating on the waistline. The other downside is that due to how strong they hold, I had BOTH tapes snap loose right in the middle where they depart from the back flap. I'm trying another sample and fitting it a little looser to see if that helps.

How'd you manage to get a sample? I was told by email that they weren't due to arrive for another 40 days or so due to late shipping from the Chinese. Are they crinkley? This is a must for me I adore noisy nappies! Do they fit well? Absorbency any good? Are they thick? Thin? Sorry question overload there! Yeah post some pics if you can be great to see them!

Thanks for any info you can supply!

The absorbency is outstanding and the capacity is off the charts. They are modestly crinkly but not overly so. They fit extremely well and the tapes are super strong (similar to ABU Cushies, where after a few minutes they're hard to undo!) My two concerns so far: 1: How big the tapes are. Since they are so big there is little room to adjust them up or down, which ends up either irritating your thigh or your belly, depending on your positioning and body size. 2: Since the tapes are really strong and really big, all your motion is transferred into the tape itself, which has lead to multiple popping of tapes (in the middle, a "tape break"). Still seeing if this is a major problem. I've only worn two so far (as you imagine, they take a while to fill up. XD)

I was able to get a sample somewhat on accident. You see I am working on a diaper brand myself, and my search for the right manufacturer has yielded a few not-yet-available samples.

Well that sounds great, could you post some pictures of the diaper itself ? Love how the tapes look and the overall design

Pics or it didn't happen.

CrypticTaco said:
Pics or it didn't happen.

gg, </end of line>;

sketchy [check]
to good to be true [check]
can an admin check all new accounts on forum posting about said product for proxy ip's / related ip's. Not saying every new user in this thread is a fake, just saying the odds are high there are a few on the site that are if this is a scam, and the scam meter is kinda high atm.

Just took some pictures, in the process of uploading them now. I understand your scepticism, I didn't even know about the BKN brand until I got the samples. I'm not affiliated in any way. Like I said I'm just considering different manufacturers at the moment and this is what I got as a sample of their work.

Thanks for the info, Codyrush, look forward to trying them out myself.
You said in you're thread that your working on a diaper design yourself?
How's that coming along? Any cool designs?
Scam? ComputerProgrammer?
All I seam to of read in this thread are people talking about a new nappy/diaper, don't see any one asking for people's bank details!
As I do believe this forum is about diaper talk is it not?
Bit confused why it's a scam?

I think people find the website for the BKN brand suspicious because they have a way to buy them but have no contact details for their company on the site. It's a very thin site. Very startup.

Yes, I am working on my own brand and will announce it when I'm closer to a final product. What I can tell you now is that it will be a single-tape design, and thanks to these BKN samples I can tell you the tapes will be a little smaller than these (due to the slight irritation they cause on the legs/belly.) They will be full-printed and use 40g of SAP, making them comparable in absorption and thickness to the BKNs.

- - - Updated - - -

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg

I hope I did that right, I've never posted pictures before here. :p Sorry for the quality, I rushed them to clear up any doubts.

Reactions: Taysidepampers
They look cool! Quite thick looking! Can't wait to try them.
I've contacted the guys from the site and they've always replied the same day and sound genuine, there are ways to contact them through the site through the contact section, I too was wary of this as it did look like a scam site, I think with the pictures you have shown that it's for real.
Thanks for the pictures!
I agree with you about the tapes they look huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back