BKN Nappies UK. Seams they're real after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - I'm not particularly impressed with the personal attacks I have received. For the record, I have nothing to do with BKN. Seeing as the only other decent AB nappy in the UK is cuddlz, which I don't use much, is it a great surprise that I should be singing the praises of a great new nappy to the market?

Instead of offering ignorant advice, why not give people the credit for the intelligence they have, and allow them to make their own mind up regarding these new nappies?

Thanks

I'll wait until Rearz in Canada decides to offer them. If they really are as good as everyone says they are, Rearz will doubtless pick em up for their ABDL supplies...maybe.

For all the folks that say that this company isn't real, I've just received my sample pack in the post
They look good! Very thick looking, yet to test them out though!
Will review after I tried them!

- - - Updated - - -

And before anyone says anything, I DO NOT have anything to do with BKN whatsoever! So please don't start saying otherwise!

Waddlebum said:
And before anyone says anything, I DO NOT have anything to do with BKN whatsoever! So please don't start saying otherwise!
Oh, just come clean! :) (We may have no BKN insiders among us, but when some folks appear to have joined only to post one-line product endorsements and URLs, it seems worth mentioning that there are better--and less suspicious!--forms of contribution.)

Haha! Well I can assure you I'm not, just tried one on, and for a first attempt at making nappies they ain't too bad.
But as said in a previous post the massive one tape per side is a bit TOO big, they stick like crazy so no chance of them popping off, but for me they for quite loose!
I like a nice tight fitting nappy but I feel it might fall off me when I wet it, (yet to test this though,) but the lack of elastic waistband they feel kind of loose!
I think it with improvements they would be a good nappy, don't think I'll rush to buy a bigger pack just yet!

Tapes

Waddlebum said:
Haha! Well I can assure you I'm not, just tried one on, and for a first attempt at making nappies they ain't too bad.
But as said in a previous post the massive one tape per side is a bit TOO big, they stick like crazy so no chance of them popping off, but for me they for quite loose!
I like a nice tight fitting nappy but I feel it might fall off me when I wet it, (yet to test this though,) but the lack of elastic waistband they feel kind of loose!
I think it with improvements they would be a good nappy, don't think I'll rush to buy a bigger pack just yet!

Hey waddlebum. I found, when you put the tapes on, try putting them on at a slight downward angle, then it pulls the back in tight and it's all good :)

OK thanks nc9804, I'll try that on the next one I put on.
How do you rate them? I've yet to fully test out.

Waddlebum said:
OK thanks nc9804, I'll try that on the next one I put on.
How do you rate them? I've yet to fully test out.

Hey Waddlebum,

I think once you've thought about hoe best to angle the tapes to get a good fit, and put them on carefully, they're the best I"ve ever tried.

They are so thick. I don't think i've been able to make them leak yet - they just keep on swelling up, and the stuffing doesn't clump or anything so it feels just great.

Also, they are really loud and crinkly when you walk lol.

And of course, I think they look like huggies nappies which makes me feel great in them lol.

Hope that helps!

MarcusBear said:
Be aware all the person above has posted to the forum relates to BKN. Not the first time they've pulled this stunt.

Given all their shady-as-fuck activity I'd recommend avoiding purchasing from these guys.

have you done any research at all? the paranoid scammer fear has already been debunked,

i received my package today, they look nice and thick, but im a bit disappointed that they wont fit me, the mediums are smaller in size then snuggies mediums, which were already tight on me as it was. ill have to pass off my package to a friend of mine whom is smaller, ill post his review of them later.

CodyRush said:
I think people find the website for the BKN brand suspicious because they have a way to buy them but have no contact details for their company on the site. It's a very thin site. Very startup.

Yes, I am working on my own brand and will announce it when I'm closer to a final product. What I can tell you now is that it will be a single-tape design, and thanks to these BKN samples I can tell you the tapes will be a little smaller than these (due to the slight irritation they cause on the legs/belly.) They will be full-printed and use 40g of SAP, making them comparable in absorption and thickness to the BKNs.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 23423View attachment 23424View attachment 23425View attachment 23426View attachment 23427View attachment 23428View attachment 23429View attachment 23430

I hope I did that right, I've never posted pictures before here. :p Sorry for the quality, I rushed them to clear up any doubts.

Blimey O'Rieley's trousers! Would you look at the size of those tapes! The ones of Cuddlz nappies are much smaller, are the tapes on ABUniverse Cushies equivalent to Cuddlz tapes or these (pictured)? bms p.s those are what I'd call whole-nappy-front tapes - this could mean that unfortunately the manufacturers haven't given the strongest sticking power to the product.

bAByHerobrine said:
have you done any research at all? the paranoid scammer fear has already been debunked

Have you done any research? What's the business's registered address?

Anyway, the marketing spammer fear has been "proven"... And with fake registration details, no trading address, which, if one is not provided to customers is criminal in UK law, then (at best) it's a badly-run organisation that skirts round the law and good business practice.

I'm sure these are all naive, innocent mistakes. But that doesn't inspire confidence; nor does it provide any guarantee that, after some genuine positive reviews, the website won't disappear into thin air.

The diapers look good, but sadly the credibility and legality of the site falls below the level at which I might consider placing an order.

I have placed an order with bkn, and received them no problem, done it through PayPal so had the guarantee that I would get my money back!
The nappies are good, and they swell like mad, but for me the tapes were TOO big, so much so that I couldn't get a comfortable fit, kept feeling that they would fall off me! They are good tapes and have good sticking power but I'd most definitely be happy with a smaller size or the usual 4 tape design!
I recommend giving them a go, you might feel different about them, but I'm not going to rush and buy some more!
Hopefully with the next batch they make they will improve!

I just ordered some, really looking forward to them. Cant see it being a scam? People have been sent nappies, at the most you would only loss £20 or so, not really an amount worth scamming? great thread

tiny said:
London, London, TW10 4DR, UK

clearly you havent done any research and dont know what the F*** your talking about so how about holding your tongue before slandering a company that is trying to HELP our community. make it easier on them, not harder...

your paranoia's are based on ignorance, the data you seek and dont have exists and is locatable, it is merely your own ineptitude that has concealed it from you,

i would say though your concerted effort to publicize as much about the company as possible, seems malicious. this info is registered in the proper places to ensure the co is legally conforming. your push to get this info into even more regions which are not legally necessary (such as me giving you their address on this website to placate you.) only helps to expose the company to further malicious intents. but hey, got what you wanted, their address, what you gonna do with it? nothing. know who might be able to do something with it? malicious people. good work on that one, tis on you.

tiny said:

Anyway, the marketing spammer fear has been "proven"... And with fake registration details, no trading address, which, if one is not provided to customers is criminal in UK law, then (at best) it's a badly-run organisation that skirts round the law and good business practice.

I'm sure these are all naive, innocent mistakes. But that doesn't inspire confidence; nor does it provide any guarantee that, after some genuine positive reviews, the website won't disappear into thin air.

The diapers look good, but sadly the credibility and legality of the site falls below the level at which I might consider placing an order.

bAByHerobrine said:

clearly you havent done any research and dont know what the F*** your talking about so how about holding your tongue before slandering a company that is trying to HELP our community. make it easier on them, not harder...

your paranoia's are based on ignorance, the data you seek and dont have exists and is locatable, it is merely your own ineptitude that has concealed it from you,

i would say though your concerted effort to publicize as much about the company as possible, seems malicious. this info is registered in the proper places to ensure the co is legally conforming. your push to get this info into even more regions which are not legally necessary (such as me giving you their address on this website to placate you.) only helps to expose the company to further malicious intents. but hey, got what you wanted, their address, what you gonna do with it? nothing. know who might be able to do something with it? malicious people. good work on that one, tis on you.

67c01dd639ebecc0685909857bafc87b333f0311980f6e4fa932edff81e5fe3a_1.jpg

bAByHerobrine said:

That's not an address, is it? Facepalm...

bAByHerobrine said:

You've just shown your own incompetence at failing to perform even the most basic of research. And you clearly don't understand the definition of "slander" or you wouldn't be so stupid as to accuse me of it. Don't tell me I don't know what the f*** I'm talking about, when you don't understand basic words like "address" or "slander".

By pointing out the potentially illegal and untrustworthy-looking aspects of the site, I AM trying to help "the community". These unprofessional oversights will cost the company in lost trade. If you want the company to succeed, why would you defend their poor presentation?

bAByHerobrine said:

Ha ha ha! What the f*** are you on about?! Your naïveté is based on ignorance: you're not able to understand how to check basic information to assess the legitimacy of a website! As they say, incompetent people don't know they're incompetent.

bAByHerobrine said:

Oh dear, oh dear. 2/10 for effort, but you must try harder. Let me know if you ever manage to find an address for the business. You clearly need some practice at researching information using the web.

JessicaJune said:
So I contacted them via their form and they got back to me. When I mentioned if I could pick them up in person they went quiet and I've heard nothing more from them..

Some sellers mark up their shipping and make a considerable margin on it, so they aren't too keen to do direct-pickup because it costs them money.

Others simply don't have the procedures and infrastructure set up to do direct sales.

I decided to pay for a pack of 10 and have them delivered via Collect+ to my local corner shop. They arrived within 4 days and just tried the first one on now.
What can I say? Very impressed. The tapes are pretty huge but they do a much better job of holding this nappy tight round the thighs as well as pretty snug on top compared with others like Tena Flex.
The capacity is immense; I'd reckon getting on for 2 litres easily and the old Tena Maxi managed only 1.5 litres safely.
I like the feel of the plastic but as a previous poster mentioned, the logo on the front isn't so good. Still, they've got the filling formula right - feels really snug and thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back