Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: BKN Nappies UK. Seams they're real after all

  1. #1

    Default BKN Nappies UK. Seams they're real after all

    Hi Guy's

    Just thought I'd inform you that the post I put up a few months ago about a new nappy for the UK called BKN Nappies seams they were telling the truth after all these nappies look quite cool. I've been emailed and the guy said they were due to receive them in around 30 or so day's time as they were on there way! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bkn 2.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	23205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bkn 3.jpg 
Views:	863 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	23206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bkn.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	23207

    Here are some pics for you to view.

    One thing I must add they're bloody expensive 1 pack of 10 plus shipping 24 and that's in the UK alone! Hmmm as much as I like trying new nappies think I'll stick with a sample to test if they're any good?! I'm thinking if they are that's still a lot of dosh that's up there with Fabine prices!!

    Fair enough they're a new company starting out and maybe when they start getting orders ( if they do at those prices) they might star bringing the prices down. Suppose we all got to start somewhere.
    www.bknnappies.co.uk
    Last edited by Crinklesounds; 09-Feb-2015 at 21:49.

  2. #2

    Default

    Good to hear you got them okay, but I'm afraid I'd have to say that I'd avoid that website like the plague. It looks just like a scam site. Actually... it's slightly less convincing than a scam site...

    There are no contact details listed anywhere on the site (other than a disposable GMail email address). The domain is registered to an individual with a fake name ("BKN Nappies") at an address and postcode that don't even exist.

    Oh, and they're not registered with Companies House, and nor do they display a VAT or company number on the site. That might not be necessary if they're a small company with insignificant profits, but it means that you have absolutely no idea who you're dealing with.

    Sorry to be so sceptical, but this is exactly how you'd set up a scam site. It rings all the alarm bells. I wonder if it's legal for a business to trade using an individually-registered site or to fail to provide legitimate contact information...?

    Is it reasonable to trust a company that lies about who and where they are...?

    If the owner is genuine, he/she really needs to address these issues as I doubt many potential customers would be willing to throw their money into a black hole and hope for the best. Fingers-crossed that this all gets sorted out -- the nappies look quite nice.

  3. #3

    Default

    They look so cute, and putting aside said problems, hope you can get a sample

  4. #4

    Default

    It's encouraging to see upstart AB/DL diaper companies venturing into the one-tape-per-side market. The tapes on these look pretty decent, too.

    I wish they'd have left off the big "BKN Premiums" thing on the front, though. The URL on Fabines was enough of a turn-off, and that was relatively small. These BKN diapers look like they've got a neon sign from a 1950's diner stuck to the front of them. And "BKN"? May as well read "BVD".

    Ultimate fail on that part.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 10-Feb-2015 at 06:40.

  5. #5
    workconfident

    Default We should encourage BKN not criticise them

    I just wanted to say that these nappies look great, and we should encourage BKN.

    I guess it probably very expensive to get a product like this to market, and they have shown integrity so far.

    If we all support them, then they can afford to invest in newer products, a better website, and better service.

    I think these nappies will be fantastic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    It's encouraging to see upstart AB/DL diaper companies venturing into the one-tape-per-side market. The tapes on these look pretty decent, too.

    I wish they'd have left off the big "BKN Premiums" thing on the front, though. The URL on Fabines was enough of a turn-off, and that was relatively small. These BKN diapers look like they've got a neon sign from a 1950's diner stuck to the front of them. And "BKN"? May as well read "BVD".

    Ultimate fail on that part.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by workconfident View Post
    I just wanted to say that these nappies look great, and we should encourage BKN.

    I guess it probably very expensive to get a product like this to market, and they have shown integrity so far.

    If we all support them, then they can afford to invest in newer products, a better website, and better service.

    I think these nappies will be fantastic.
    Integrity? Considering almost all your 10 posts relate to these BKN nappies I think it's safe to assume you have some personal investment in the product. I advise other users to bear this in mind.

    We encourage honesty on this forum.

    Last edited by MarcusBear; 10-Feb-2015 at 17:21.

  7. #7
    workconfident

    Default Nothing to do with it

    Hi there,

    I've nothing to do with BKN - I just really like the look at the nappies, and like the fact that they're an alternative to cuddlz.

    Nothing more than that.



    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBear View Post

    Integrity? Considering almost all your 10 posts relate to these BKN nappies I think it's safe to assume you have some personal investment in the product. I advise other users to bear this in mind.

    We encourage honesty on this forum.


  8. #8

    Default

    they take payment with paypal, if they were scamming i doubt theyd want to use paypal as their default option,


    it seems our community is always so paranoid, skeptical, and judgmental.

    the product isnt even out yet lets give them a chance.

    i placed an order

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by workconfident View Post
    I've nothing to do with BKN
    Thanks for clarifying, workconfident. I trust you'll understand how some affiliation might be assumed, given that you joined on the day the BKN site went live and have talked about nothing but BKN. To help clear the air, you might consider filling out your profile and creating an Introduction thread for yourself so that we may know who you are, rather than who you aren't.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 12-Feb-2015 at 05:52.

  10. #10

    Default

    Hey guys, just thought I'd update this thread. I received a sample pack direct from the manufacturer today (four units). They are indeed real and I'll post some pictures later on if folks would like. It's my birthday today so I'm thinking of going out for a padded hike in the Santa Monicas. Stay dry! <3

Similar Threads

  1. Plastic Pants seams
    By diaperbunny in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-Jul-2012, 20:51
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-Oct-2011, 22:33
  3. Are we real?
    By Triforceformer in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-May-2009, 16:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.