Northshore supreme issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1070

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Has anyone noticed that the padding is over to far on the side and almost covering the leg gathers. I ordered a package of them and I noticed this. It makes it tight around the leg on one side and loose on the other

Perhaps you're taping them unevenly? If this is a reoccurring issue, you may have received a bad batch. I'd contact their support line and discuss possible fixes.

I will take pics of them later. But I will call them tomorrow

I use Northshore supreme diapers because they are one of favorites. I noticed that it's harder to get them fitted right which is not a problem with me. I think it's technically a tapping issue but that is not me blaming you. Those diapers are worth it but only if you can fit yourself really well. I can do that because I have a insane amount of coordination for that. At any rate they are worth the effort because those diapers are really good for people who are still active. I can even play a football game in one of those and expect the diaper to do it's job.

uploadfromtaptalk1423513497630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423513497630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423513497630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423513497630.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423513512569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423513512569.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 92
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423513524281.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423513524281.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 107
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423513561157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423513561157.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 75
As u can see on the right side, u cant see the leg gathers and the left side u can. The left side has about 3" and the right has 2". The padding is out of allinement. Has anyone else noticed this or an I being to picky

I've noticed it. It hasn't caused major leaking problems for me. Send them an email with the photos so they're aware of the issue.

hunter1070 said:
As u can see on the right side, u cant see the leg gathers and the left side u can. The left side has about 3" and the right has 2". The padding is out of allinement. Has anyone else noticed this or an I being to picky

Nope your not being to picky. That is in fact a factory defect. I would file a formal complaint with them if that padding is out of alignment because there's going to be no way to get fitted properly with that kind of a issue.

Padding alignment isn't the complete issue to your leaking at the leg there. It appears to me in you pictures that the elastic gathers for the leg openings are missing on the right hand side. Those would, in fact, run right along the edge of where the padding is mislaid. You've got a factory defect. Notify them politely and you should be taken care of no problem. There used to be a representative that lurked around here that would respond to these things… Keep us informed on how they handle it! They have a great product, don't let this discourage you.

I called today and they were very nice. They are sending me a replacement package and wanted me to tell them how the replacements looked. Thank for everyone's feedback

Hunter1070,
Please let me know whether or not you believe these diapers are worth it for the cost. I've been trying to decide if I should test them out or buy a pack of L4s.

Thanks,
Internet

Internet said:
Hunter1070,
Please let me know whether or not you believe these diapers are worth it for the cost. I've been trying to decide if I should test them out or buy a pack of L4s.

Thanks,
Internet

I think they are a better product than the L4s. That is to say, when I have both in my drawer, I would rather grab these.

Sorry for thread hijacking, Hunter, but I'm curious...

WhiskeyBravo, why are these more of a go-to than the L4s?

Northshore is very good about customer satisfaction, as is XPMedical. I haven't seen Northshore Gary around in a few weeks, but he does try to keep an eye on this site, and I would just about bet that after you called, he took a look at this site, and saw your pictures to get an idea of what the defect was, and probably has already checked his supply from the same lot number. He does take pride in his product, as does XPMedical, and you can't go wrong getting your diapers from either place.

Internet said:
Hunter1070,

Thanks,
Internet

Internet said:
Sorry for thread hijacking, Hunter, but I'm curious...

WhiskeyBravo, why are these more of a go-to than the L4s?

I am a bit of a expert on this subject as the Northshore supreme is my favorite. They are tough as nails but don't feel like it and they happen to fit me perfectly (I get X-large as I am 6'6" tall fyi). Those diapers are the reason why I can play football again and they cost ( X-large are the most expensive fyi) very little for what they do. Mediums cost only about $1.49 per diaper when bought in a case of 60. Large size cost $1.69 per diaper when bought in a case of 45. And X-large cost $1.80 per diaper when bought in a case of 45. They are pretty good if somewhat noisy but the crinkle might actually be a benefit if your a AB that prefers that anyways. Please keep in mind their capacity according to the site is not accurate as these diapers actually can hold a lot more then what Northshore says they can hold. I know because I wear them all the time when I go out they can last me all day sometimes. I tend to need my diapers to be able to hold large amounts as I walk long distances and it might be a while before I can change sometimes. This is in addition to what blondiewoof has said. they do have really good customer service.

Of course I might be a bit biased in what I say because those diapers not only make it possible for me to play football again without having to worry about leaks I never have to wait more then 2-3 days for any orders I make to arrive because I happen to live near one of their warehouses I think.

Internet said:
Hunter1070,

Thanks,
Internet

They usually throw in a sample or two of their Northshore Brief when I order my cases of Abena M4 from them from their Amazon store page.

blondiewoof said:
Northshore is very good about customer satisfaction, as is XPMedical. I haven't seen Northshore Gary around in a few weeks, but he does try to keep an eye on this site, and I would just about bet that after you called, he took a look at this site, and saw your pictures to get an idea of what the defect was, and probably has already checked his supply from the same lot number. He does take pride in his product, as does XPMedical, and you can't go wrong getting your diapers from either place.

I believe you mean NorthShore Adam, Gary is the owner of XPMedical! Just so there is no confusion later on.

- - - Updated - - -

ClickyKeys said:
They usually throw in a sample or two of their Northshore Brief when I order my cases of Abena M4 from them from their Amazon store page.

This is true! I was surprised to see two supreme samples in my Abena case! I also ordered from Amazon but they probably send samples with all Abena case orders? Right now I can buy a case of M4s for $53.32 from NorthShore thru Amazon with free shipping, that's $1.27 a diaper!! I could get them for the same price from a closer company (would arrive sooner) but since NorthShore sent out FREE samples of the supremes I only buy from them.

Bought a pack of L4s that should arrive tomorrow. Hoping for a free sample of Supremes, too. :)

I still have about 3/4ths of a bag of Abena M4s, but I keep using the Northshores instead. I have a slight vacation from them since I got that sale price on Dry 24/7s for a case. When I finish up with this case, I will be going back to the Northshores again. They still have the NSC87 promo code, so free shipping is still an option on them. For the cost and benefit of them, you really can't beat. I would just recommend taking a few out of the plastic so they can decompress, you have less stiffness issues that way. If I had to pay for shipping, I think it is still worth it since they are a lot easier to determine when you need a change (they begin to wick up the back) and I find they last longer before needing a change than the Abena M4s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back