Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I don't know what it is, but since starting at this college, people see me as a child. Nobody here knows the truth, but for some reason I'm treated as one, and seem to be given the same care and protection that most would give their younger sibling. Despite my suits and ties and being more mature than most of the guys here, I'm still subjected to baby talk and pinched cheeks and occasionally being soon fed :p

Ironically enough, I've been trying to look older at this school, for reasons explained in my last thread.

I guess I just find it funny how it switches like that. Does this happen to anyone else?

I think we tend to be more transparent than we think. It appears that others may be able to see the struggle going on inside us without really knowing what it is all about. I have only recently been able to come to grips with this, so I don't have much advice for you on how to avoid it. Hopefully, with some time, and when you are no longer at the bottom of the totem pole, respect will improve.

That's interesting, It happened to me too mostly in middle school and high school, my friends treated me somewhat like that, defending me and saying how little I was, and It still happens. The thing is I don't look like my age, all the people says that, I am 5'3" and slim, so that's must be it.

You're both right, I hadn't comprised till recent times how transparent I was, I thought my mannerisms and demeanor were very well hidden but it seems they aren't. I think they show with little things like refusing to eat vegetables (small college has meal plan/dining hall) or wandering off whenever we go out and about, and always wanting to have fun and just general silliness. A few weeks ago I said something and a friend was like "kids say the darnedest things"

Butterscotch said:
"kids say the darnedest things"
ROFL
Sometimes I wish this type of thing happened to me, but in public. I always emulate the oldest person in the group for some unknown reason. I guess because I feel if I act younger then any one else they will some how know I'm ab, and my subconscious be like oh *** no.

When I was in college, I looked like I was 14. I was about 5' 7" and weighed 135 lbs. so I was to some degree. I grew up in some rough neighborhoods, so I wanted to be tough, so I wan't usually treated like I was little, but yeah, sometimes.

I get it all the time from everyone and everybody...... and now that i think about it, i guess i might be a little bit transparent lol

One evening at my volunteer gig, as I played at the train table with a pre school aged boy, one of the paid staffers gently teased me, saying "You two play so well together." As if we were BOTH three years old. (Well, I kind of am at heart. LOL)

I've experienced this sometimes. I wouldn't say my adult personality is particularly transparent in terms of ABDL, and quite a lot of my interests are stereotypically 'macho'. However, I'm pretty small - 5'4" - and have a muscular disability, which means that my mobility is affected somewhat. I think people have some sort of subconscious trigger which associates not only typically younger behaviours with Littleness, but also physical short stature, and in my case, a disability which manifests itself in some quite childlike ways (needing help opening things, holding onto a friend's arm if we're walking somewhere snowy/wet etc.).

Whether or not I'm okay with it depends on whether my perceived Littleness is treated as a patronising thing by people who see me as limited, or as an affectionate quirk, by those who see it as just one aspect of my overall self.

This is actually one of the reasons why I started exploring my Little side more seriously. Everyone ALWAYS perceives me as a child--and that makes me very happy! In fact, I was out eating the other day and someone asked me "is the middle school closed today?" I wasn't dressed as a Little at all, so I was taken aback but hey, it's a good thing in my mind!

Have you ever just sat out on a busies street and just watched to people walk by. I find most people carry themselves in many ways. you can see if there in good moods are bad prouder shy, and variety of there moods people are in. I find people pick up on you with out thinking about it. I always get look from people, most people just smile at me as they would a little kids. I just smile back.
I have had a co-worker once tell me I look like a little kid. trying not to say a baby. I told him I didn't mind. he now works in a day-care.

I think I am in the between category.

People tell me I have a baby face all the time.

I'm pretty fat right now so most people don't actually confuse me for a kid any more... but people still end up treating me like I'm about 12, which is rather irritating at some times because I can tell they don't take what I'm saying as seriously as they would a "regular adult".

I look young for my age so people treating me as they would a Jr. High student or High-school student happens often. When I went to get my hair cut recently the lady would not cut my hair without my parents permission since I was going from long to short hair. I had my ID on me so my explanation that I am a college student worked... but that was an awkward conversation.

Another time I was at work and a lady would not stop asking me why I was not in school. Actually that happens a lot, but usually they will stop asking about it when I say I am in college, or if it gets to that point I end the conversation by telling them I am in my 20's. Don't get me wrong I do like people treating me younger, and in my off work time I wear childish clothing. I just wish that when I am at work people would understand that I am educated and am not just some kid skipping school to work. Plus, I think in America it is illegal to schedule a kid to work during school hours, so I don't know why they are so shocked to learn I have already graduated.

DBBaby said:
Have you ever just sat out on a busies street and just watched to people walk by. I find most people carry themselves in many ways. you can see if there in good moods are bad prouder shy, and variety of there moods people are in. I find people pick up on you with out thinking about it. I always get look from people, most people just smile at me as they would a little kids. I just smile back.
I have had a co-worker once tell me I look like a little kid. trying not to say a baby. I told him I didn't mind. he now works in a day-care.

I agree, the way we carry ourselves goes on without us noticing, like when I say hi to people passing by I smile and give a wave kind of like a child would to a friend s/he sees from afar.

A funny thing I've discovered was when I curse. Because people here see me as a child, they have come to expect such behavior and actions, and the times they hear me swear they're in such shock it's hilarious, I guess the same shock we might have seen on our parent's faces when they heard us curse for the first time lol

I'm kinda in a doublestandard sometimes, because I LOVE being babied and stuff, but I've come to like being taken seriously as well, wherey voice matters and I have authority, but I don't get taken seriously because they see me as a child. Oh well, it's funny I guess

Butterscotch said:
A funny thing I've discovered was when I curse. Because people here see me as a child, they have come to expect such behavior and actions, and the times they hear me swear they're in such shock it's hilarious, I guess the same shock we might have seen on our parent's faces when they heard us curse for the first time lol

The swearing thing is so true. I really don't swear a lot, and that may be because instead of strongly getting my point across, mostly people are shocked or laugh. Same with drinking, everyone who knows my age always assumes I don't drink. Well they are correct, but I don't think you can tell if someone is a casual drinker or not just by looking at them.

People still ask me what I'm doing out of school. I credit my young looks to living like a child every chance I get.

I'm currently 23 and I've been told I look anywhere from 14-18. It used to piss me off but I've learned to accept it. Hell, if I can look younger that works in my favor. But it can become frustrating.

I think being fairly childish also doesn't help me much. lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back