• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New girl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazenda

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I've never been big on forums, so an intro post is tough for me, but I'll give this my best shot :)

1) Hello! Who are you?

I'm pretty shy generally, I'm an extreme introvert and typically keep to myself. Expect me to quietly lurk as a matter of course. I fix computers for a living, dept repair, though I'm hoping to go back to school, either for programming or for something more directly related to science.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

I'm exploring the part of me that is interested in diapers. I wet the bed until roughly sixteen and hated that part of me, but I've recently admitted to both myself and my husband that this is a part of me and I'd like to explore it a bit. I don't think I'm into regression, but I won't say there isn't a chance of that changing; I'm mainly just here for diapers.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

I'm a big fan of technology in general, mainly gaming. There's a good chance if I'm not driving that I'm looking at a screen of some type. I love having a fast computer and take a lot of joy in hearing about other people's new toys as well :)

I'm also a big fan of podcasts, as the nature of my work allows for listening all day and I got sick of music early on. I mainly listen to skepticism, science, and atheism. Audiobooks are also great here, where I've mostly been listening lately to H.P. Lovecraft, and a bit about modern science's understanding of gender.

I'm also a big fan of Doctor Who. My favorite doctor is Matt Smith :) I've mainly just seen the new stuff, but I an slowly making my way through classic who. I think I left off about half way through season 1 last time I watched.

I also consider myself a furry, though this part of me is shrinking and I mainly an a furry by association, as all my friends but one are furry :p. For those interested I'm a giant panda :)

I'm also a "trying vegan." Meaning I fail a lot and eat a lot of baconators still, but I'm trying to find more ethical alternatives. I don't try to push it on anyone else (expect when I cook for my husband :p), if I talk about it it's just to try to help people understand me.

I think that's all the major stuff I'm interested in.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I'll likely end up lurking mostly, but I'm mainly just curious. A sense of community might be nice too, but unless there's something of particular interest to me I'll probably keep quiet and observe.

Last edited:
Welcome Tazenda! If you want to just lurk, you're off to a bad start. ;) I see you have already posted a couple of times! With so many Canadians here I think it will be tough for you to keep silent. Seriously, we have a lot of observers but what makes his site so great is when everyone puts in their two cents :)twocents:). How does you husband feel about you "hobby"? Does he pad up too?

Welcome to ADISC! "best shit" I really hope that was a typo and not a pun =P alsoo do you have any pets? :3

How does you husband feel about you "hobby"? Does he pad up too?

No, he isn't at all interested in diapers or anything that goes with I them. I only wear on the weekend when he often stays with a friend anyway. Only reason I told him is he'd find them some day anyway, hard to hide diapers from him, lol.

Welcome to ADISC! "best shit" I really hope that was a typo and not a pun =P

Ugh, fuck you autocorrect x_x

alsoo do you have any pets? :3

Yes, we have a black cat named scrambles :3

Hello Tazenda, nice intro. Welcome to ADISC! :) You are big fan the games? What your favorite game?

toyfun said:
Hello Tazenda, nice intro. Welcome to ADISC! :) You are big fan the games? What your favorite game?

Tough one to answer on any day, but I've been especially apathetic lately. Mostly I've just bounced between Kerbal, Minecraft, and WoW lately.

Nik92 said:
Hi Tazenda, Welcome to ADISC! How lond do you wear diapers?

Not sure exactly what question you're asking here, I've experimented once or twice in the past couple years, but now that my husband knows it's tough to say how much. I thought at first once a week or so when he's it would be enough for me, but that's not feeling like enough for me right now so I may do so more often. I may start sleeping in them regularly.

Tazenda said:
I've never been big on forums, so an intro post is tough for me, but I'll give this my best shit :)

1) Hello! Who are you?

I'm pretty shy generally, I'm an extreme introvert and typically keep to myself. Expect me to quietly lurk as a matter of course. I fix computers for a living, dept repair, though I'm hoping to go back to school, either for programming or for something more directly related to science.

Welcome Tazenda!

It's awesome that you're wanting to expand your skillset. Though before you commit any tuition money to Academia have you tried out some free online programing sites such as Codecademy or at least something that costs significantly less than school such as Code School? As someone with friends in the industry I've heard that it's significantly more import to build up experience doing projects of your own design and demonstrating talent through published code on Github. That's isn't the kind of stuff that degrees (except maybe to a small extent Software Engineering) will get you. In a nutshell why go at the pace of some stuffy old dude when you could learn on your own and code all day (or night).

Tazenda said:
3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

I'm a big fan of technology in general, mainly gaming. There's a good chance if I'm not driving that I'm looking at a screen of some type. I love having a fast computer and take a lot of joy in hearing about other people's new toys as well :)

I'm also a big fan of Doctor Who. My favorite doctor is Matt Smith :) I've mainly just seen the new stuff, but I an slowly making my way through classic who. I think I left off about half way through season 1 last time I watched.

Oooo what kind of build do you have?
I recently built a mini-ITX system based around Haswell and a gtx 970 when it came out, previously gtx 770. For now it only has a Samsung 840 Evo 250GB which has started getting tight as of late. I'm contemplating picking up the new 850 Evo as 250GB and flashing the old drive to it and then using the 840 solely for games.

I got into Doctor Who around Series 4 with Tenant and then I sporadically bounced around then started watching the episodes that carried arcs. I can say I finally caught up with Smith through at least what's on Netflix, but haven't seen anything with the latest Doctor. What do you think of him?

I've heard that classic Who varies wildly. Are there any sections you'd recommend for a newcomer to classic Who from what's posted on Amazon Prime Instant Video or Netflix?

Tazenda said:
A sense of community might be nice too, but unless there's something of particular interest to me I'll probably keep quiet and observe.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. There are some school of thought that Internet forums need people that read more than they just post, for the sake of posting. Case in point my post count is rather low given how old my account is. The reason being is I by nature usually just read and learn about the community, but unless I have something to contribute I usually don't post. But when I do, I try to make it count, hopefully you feel like this welcoming post achieves that goal.

Alpha said:
Welcome Tazenda!

It's awesome that you're wanting to expand your skillset. Though before you commit any tuition money to Academia have you tried out some free online programing sites such as Codecademy or at least something that costs significantly less than school such as Code School? As someone with friends in the industry I've heard that it's significantly more import to build up experience doing projects of your own design and demonstrating talent through published code on Github. That's isn't the kind of stuff that degrees (except maybe to a small extent Software Engineering) will get you. In a nutshell why go at the pace of some stuffy old dude when you could learn on your own and code all day (or night).

Yeah, I've got an idea for a program I want to make but it just seems to be way beyond what I can do so far (using Java). I'm having trouble thus far just figuring out making buttons on a JFrame. I keep putting in some occasional effort to try again and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, but thus far no luck.

Alpha said:
Oooo what kind of build do you have?
I recently built a mini-ITX system based around Haswell and a gtx 970 when it came out, previously gtx 770. For now it only has a Samsung 840 Evo 250GB which has started getting tight as of late. I'm contemplating picking up the new 850 Evo as 250GB and flashing the old drive to it and then using the 840 solely for games.

Oooo, you have me quite jealous XD I'm actually mostly using laptops these days myself, i7-3740QM and a GTX680M. I've got a Crucial M550 500GB myself as my OS drive :D Then I have an OCZ Vertex 3 120GB for games, and then a Seagate 500GB HDD for everything else/stuff I don't care about how fast it is.

Alpha said:
I got into Doctor Who around Series 4 with Tenant and then I sporadically bounced around then started watching the episodes that carried arcs. I can say I finally caught up with Smith through at least what's on Netflix, but haven't seen anything with the latest Doctor. What do you think of him?

Of the latest doctor? I'm not real attached to him yet, but I see potential and expect he'll grow on me. The new series is definitely a slower pace than previous episodes, and while I am still enjoying them I definitely miss Matt Smith. Bow ties are cool.

Alpha said:
I've heard that classic Who varies wildly. Are there any sections you'd recommend for a newcomer to classic Who from what's posted on Amazon Prime Instant Video or Netflix?

Classic Who is tough for me to make a recommendation because I haven't seen too much of it yet myself, but I suspect that Tom Baker is where you'd want to get started. I'm kinda OCD and am starting with season 1 (William Hartnell), but it's terribly slow. A lot of the old stuff is again going to have a MUCH slower pace and they'll tend to just cram filler in to make the episodes longer.

Tazenda said:
Classic Who is tough for me to make a recommendation because I haven't seen too much of it yet myself, but I suspect that Tom Baker is where you'd want to get started. I'm kinda OCD and am starting with season 1 (William Hartnell), but it's terribly slow.

As an old-timer, the US PBS stations used to broadcast the Doctor Who episodes. When I started watching, it was in the middle of the third doctor (Jon Pertwee). Since then, I have seen all available shows. I really do not have a favorite of the new Doctors but Tom Baker is my favorite of the old group. Due to the way the old series was written, the shows were longer than an hour. May favorite side-kick? K-9 the robot dog from the Tom Baker era.

Hiya, welcome to ADISC, nice to have you here :)

Lovecraft is awesome :3

BabyDenise said:
As an old-timer, the US PBS stations used to broadcast the Doctor Who episodes. When I started watching, it was in the middle of the third doctor (Jon Pertwee). Since then, I have seen all available shows. I really do not have a favorite of the new Doctors but Tom Baker is my favorite of the old group. Due to the way the old series was written, the shows were longer than an hour. May favorite side-kick? K-9 the robot dog from the Tom Baker era.

Yeah, I've just heard a lot of what modern Doctor Who is we owe to Tom Baker being just sorta alien himself and giving the Doctor his quirky whimsy =P I've heard good things about Pertwee too though. If I had to pick a favourite companion it would be Amy Pond :) <3<3<3

Puppyluvs said:
Hiya, welcome to ADISC, nice to have you here :)

Lovecraft is awesome :3

I picked up The Necronomicon on Audible and just love listening to it at work. I think my favourite story is A Shadow Out Of Time, but there are several in a row that are just really damn good stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back