medicaid adult diaper supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poohbearboy said:

You will need to check with HDIS to find out what diapers Medicaid will pay for from all of the different brands
of diapers they sell along with other needed supplies.

I would think that will be true with any other supplier that takes Medicaid.

Never mind I found one.

Sad thing is with medi-caid they often only cover store brand quality diapers. And even then they only cover up to 5 diapers per day for supply. So if 5 are not enough it's up to you to buy how ever many more you need. I go through 6-8 store brand per day. So in my case I order a case of the unique wellness and use one of those per day. Typically overnight and use the cheaper medi-caid diapers for during the day. I also found sticking baby diapers as a soaker pad into the cheaper diapers can help them last longer. I suggest for the baby diapers going with a overnite diaper such as the Huggies overnites. I personally went one higher and use the 4t-5t Pampers Easy Ups as a soaker pad. I can normally get 2-3 heavy wettings with this combo. But yea, the quality isn't the best from medi-caid, but it is far better than nothing at all.

You could even go for some overnight baby diapers for boosters. Fisher Price has some that are cheaper than the usual brands. They are just as good as the store brands. Toys/BabiesRus has Select booster pads as well. They help some but are quite cheap. Would need a couple just to have some good effect.

I normally get around 240 a month and go through ever signal one of them each month and that maybe over 5 changing a day. I was getting this one brand but change it and I been having leaks more then I use to it like there less absorbency to them now and that was best one HDIS had. So now getting cloth back one with leg gather and leak guards in them so I'm hope there no leaks because cloth back. I'm use to wear plastic back but if there no leaks like old one so be it cloth is good for me.

Yeah I've heard medicaid only covers the cheap diapers. I m a bedwetter a few times a month, even if it was every night , I know my diapers wouldn't get covered or they'd be so cheap it wouldn't be worth it. when u do redertimination form for food stamps/medicaid form for medical costs that won't be covered so I write my diaper costs there. I dunno if it works but I know my food stamps went up right after that.

After reading the OP, I called HDIS.
The Spokesperson I talked to said flat-out, that they do not deal with Medicaid/Medicare.

No surprise to me.

I'm going to a public class on Medicare benefits later this month. If I find out anything of value, I'll share it here.

Just about *ANY* medical supplier that has any diapers knows what medicaid in your state will cover. Often it's the ONLY diaper they carry. More often than not it's the prevail/first quality/perfit. Not a "store" brand but pretty much the standard institutional stuff.

In addition to HDIS, there's ActiveStyle and a few other internet suppliers that specialize in medicaid that might have some better offerings.

have you talked to the your local DME's to see what diapers they will provide for medciad clients ask to see if they can get Tena brand i know my supplier can get us tena ultra's

I'm hoping that Mississippi gets a better governor soon so we can get the Medicaid expansion. My wife and I are currently without any coverage because this state didn't accept the Federal money for no reason that I can fathom. $240 is the exact amount my diapers cost a month, though I can work with as low as $206 when money is too tight depending on brands I order. So if we could get that coverage it'd be perfect, right now as it stands the plans available to us are outrageously expensive and wouldn't cover diapers even if they weren't, :/

If anyone has Medicaid there is a diaper that I think you can order in most states that is not store quality. I get Tranquility Slimline diapers from a pharmacy that went out of their way to help me with that. The Slimline diapers are not to be confused with the Tranquility All through the night diaper or ATN. Basically the Slimline diaper is a reduced cost version of the ATN with only a single difference. The Slimline simply has less SAP in it thus making their price low enough for Medicaid to cover them. Most suppliers will try to make it look like you can't get them with Medicaid coverage but I found a Pharmacy that has a really good insurance agent that managed to look into this really close and managed to arrange to get them for me. All you have to do is go to a local orthopedic supplies center and tell them exactly what you want. I know it can be embarrassing to talk about needing diapers openly like this but you can just ask them over the phone without ever mentioning your name and ask them if they can cover them for you. Tranquility Slimline diapers are not as good as most premium diapers but they are above the quality of diapers you can buy off a shelf. Essentially they are a average diaper which is a massive improvement over the other trash that medicaid covers.

I go through Hdis and I have Medicaid. Hdis has a subdivision called Hdis medicaid. They offer only a few brands but the ones I get work well. I copied their phone number off the web and posted it below.

Please call 1-800-367-8360 or visit HDIS Medicaid for additional information.

Too bad my state is not on the list.

i have helped people in the past find suppliers for their states but these people are mainly have special needs or children with special medical needs i know for most states you can contact with a local DME "durable medical Equipment supplier and ask them if they do medicaid billing for incontinence supplies? and if so what brands do they provide in your size most state tell the DME they can only bill x amount per brief / pad so this is why we can only get crap diapers pardon my pun

if you want some help PM me and i can assist you further

I think mine is DiaperBuys.com

I live in Massachusetts, and my MassHealth health insurance has been very good with coverage for my adult diapers and booster pads. Basically, as long as my primary care physician can document that I need them, my health insurance has paid for them, since last October of 2014 when I was first diagnosed with incontinence.

I am currently using Wings Choice large diapers with Sure-Care night-time absorbency bladder control pads, both from Kendall/Covidien. I find the Wings diapers to be pretty good, though I still leak out the leg cuffs and sides of the diaper, so I am going to try some larger booster pads that will be wider and longer than my current ones - likely Prevail male guards. I am also going to to try a pair of vinyl pants again to go over the diaper. I am hoping that this combination will stop the leaks from occurring.

My health insurance covers four diapers and four pads daily, and I have found that is more than enough for me. There are some days I only use half or less of that amount. I am gradually working up to the full daily amount of four a day at the moment.

If I find any absorbent products online that are covered by Medicaid and might be of use to you, I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back