Accepting Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The more my girlfriend and I talk about my DL-side, the more I seem to be ashamed of the thought of someone judging me and seeing me, for the first time, wearing a diaper. The more I think about it, the more it seems silly because she has been more than accepting and even proposed buying me diapers for my birthday (next weekend) to show that she really means what she says.

Some of the shame comes from the majority of the public not knowing what this fetish is or what it's for, but for me it's a stress relief and a comfort. I can't explain it, a similar feeling to many of you I'm sure, but it works and is harmless to myself and others. Another portion, and probably the largest portion, comes from myself. In the moment there's nothing more that I want to be in a warm, secure, comfortable diaper and just relax. Take it all in and enjoy the feelings that come with this. When I'm not in the moment I look in the mirror and see a 20 year-old boy standing in front of me wearing a diaper. This image is going to be something I will struggle with for a bit longer to rid myself of and realize that this is not something that I should be ashamed of.

I've been talking with her this evening about seeing her this weekend and she has actually said that if I wanted to wear around her this weekend she'd be more than happy to help me become more accepting of my DL-side. If that's not an incredible girlfriend, I don't know what is.

TL;DR: My girlfriend is exceptional and plans to help me become more accepting of my DL-side by allowing me to wear around her hopefully this weekend. She will be the first person to see me in a diaper, ever.

Thanks for reading,
Internet

Last edited:
It is pretty good and I'm glad for you. However, I think we might do ourselves and others a disservice internalizing the belief that this is such a high hurdle to leap for others to accept. It's certainly strange but it's not so drastic that we shouldn't expect it to be at least tolerated by a loved one if not accepted when properly presented. Enjoy that you can share this with her. It can be enjoyable for her as well.

Congratulations. You're a lot farther ahead than most of us. I can understand how you feel. When I first told me wife, and she was very accepting, I still was quite timid about wearing a diaper to bed, but I did it. I didn't make a big deal about it, but she knew I was diapered. After awhile, it became routine and I felt a lot better about it, and about myself. Now we have little play together, and I really enjoy that.

I think you can trust your girlfriend to help you get through the first time. You both may laugh a little uncomfortably, at least at first, but if she's supportive, you both could have a very good life together enjoying this very intimate kind of role play. I wouldn't say this to everyone on this site, but from what you've said, I think you should go through with it, enjoying this very special first time. First times are sometimes the best, so give yourself to her and let her help you.

Trevor said:
It is pretty good and I'm glad for you. However, I think we might do ourselves and others a disservice internalizing the belief that this is such a high hurdle to leap for others to accept. It's certainly strange but it's not so drastic that we shouldn't expect it to be at least tolerated by a loved one if not accepted when properly presented. Enjoy that you can share this with her. It can be enjoyable for her as well.

Personally it's not so much a 'high hurdle' as it's been me telling myself for 20 years that it's such a weird thing, though it helps when I'm stressed and need to relax. I'm hoping my girlfriend will find it cute and that she isn't as weirded out as I'm preparing myself for. She says it's not a big deal and plays it off each time we discuss it. She just wants me to be happy.

dogboy said:
Congratulations. You're a lot farther ahead than most of us. I can understand how you feel. When I first told me wife, and she was very accepting, I still was quite timid about wearing a diaper to bed, but I did it. I didn't make a big deal about it, but she knew I was diapered. After awhile, it became routine and I felt a lot better about it, and about myself. Now we have little play together, and I really enjoy that.

I think you can trust your girlfriend to help you get through the first time. You both may laugh a little uncomfortably, at least at first, but if she's supportive, you both could have a very good life together enjoying this very intimate kind of role play. I wouldn't say this to everyone on this site, but from what you've said, I think you should go through with it, enjoying this very special first time. First times are sometimes the best, so give yourself to her and let her help you.

Dogboy, I love the first-hand experience you've given here, however I'm not a little/AB. I'm strictly a DL and find comfort and assurance as well as stress/anxiety relief while diapered. There isn't much she could do, aside from diapering me/changing I suppose. I'd never ask, though.

Sounds like you have a great thing going on Internet. I remember when I first told my wife I was so nervous but like your girlfriend she was very accepting. It took about two years after she knew for me to be fully comfortable about everything just remember there is no rush take your time and figure things out together. After two years my wife will even join in with me for a diapered night a few times a month.

Cheers and I hope everything goes well

Thank you for the kind words Cateddybear.

Hope all is well with you and your wife,
Internet

You might want to bring toys. Some stuff to play with that takes the focus off of your underwear and puts it in childhood.

That's awesome, you definitely have a wonderful girlfriend. It's great that she's open to this, and is supportive of you. :smile:

I've been trying to understand and accept this whole DL side of me more as well.

RDBrony, thanks for your response but I think you've misread. I'm not an AB so 'toys' are not something I find enjoyment in. Diapers are strictly a stress relief/coping mechanism for me.

Thanks,
Internet

Internet said:
RDBrony, thanks for your response but I think you've misread. I'm not an AB so 'toys' are not something I find enjoyment in. Diapers are strictly a stress relief/coping mechanism for me.

Thanks,
Internet

Not a problem. I understood that part, and I didn't say anything about toys in my response. I'm not into anything AB related myself either, I just find it to be comforting when I wear, and it helps me relax.

Internet said:
Some of the shame comes from the majority of the public not knowing what this fetish is or what it's for, but for me it's a stress relief and a comfort to be padded. I can't explain it, a similar feeling to many of you I'm sure, but it works and is harmless to myself and others. Another portion, and probably the largest portion, comes from myself. In the moment there's nothing more that I want to be in a warm, secure, comfortable diaper and just relax. Take it all in and enjoy the feelings that come with this. When I'm not in the moment I look in the mirror and see a 20 year-old boy standing in front of me wearing a diaper. This image is going to be something I will struggle with for a bit longer to rid myself of and realize that this is not something that I should be ashamed of.

Hi Internet,

I just want to tell you your words really resonate with me. My boyfriend is in his early 20's, and I'm the first person he ever told about his DL tendencies. I remember the look on his face when he said it, and the shame in his voice. He explained a lot to me, and I did some research to clarify some stuff, but even when I was confused I was sure to be 100% positive and supportive. I've done everything to accept it, including buying him his first ever real diapers, and putting them on him.

The thing is, I don't think it's possible to explain the feeling of gut wrenching sadness I felt when I realized how he views himself as a freak. The shame in his voice when he told me, the expectation that I would automatically reject him, it made me realize how much he needs me. The world is full of so many different types of people, and I've never really spent much time trying to judge anyone based on their private choices, which might be a reason he trusted me enough to tell me.

To be honest I never thought about diapers much before I met my boyfriend, and if I had never met him I would never have stumbled into this world, but just because I never would have enjoyed it on my own doesn't mean I'm not up for it now. My boyfriend is a wonderful person, kind and caring and always the first person willing to help someone out, not to mention he's the funniest person I know and handsome on top of it.

I have some advice for you, take it if you will, because it's given in kindness, and it's what I would want a stranger to tell my wonderful boyfriend. Don't put yourself down, don't be ashamed, don't apologize for who you are and what you like. You're hurting no one, you're being honest, you're doing nothing wrong. Introducing something like this into a relationship can be so hard, but you did it, and from the sound of it she wants to be there for you. Don't sour the good moments by constantly apologizing. I understand being shy and needing reassurance is normal, but I view sharing yourself that intimately as a gift, one she'll probably thank you for one day. Try to realize she only wants your happiness and there is no reason to feel ashamed with her.

Good luck!
EyesNewlyOpened

Reactions: LilByte and tiny
Hi EyesNewlyOpened,
I have wonderful news for you. First, I'd like to thank you for that wonderful response. I can't tell you how many years I've spent Googling this diaper fetish (hate that word) and only finding negative responses from spouses and significant others. The positive outcomes are too few and far between for my liking and I'm sure many others just like me. Tonight after a very open and honest discussion, that she initiated once again, I agreed to go buy some diapers and wear them. The end of the night ended with some stuff you probably don't want to listen to, and us cuddling with me only wearing a diaper and a t-shirt. She is someone I never want to leave me and I honestly don't think she ever will. She's the single greatest person I've ever met.

RDBrony said:
Not a problem. I understood that part, and I didn't say anything about toys in my response. I'm not into anything AB related myself either, I just find it to be comforting when I wear, and it helps me relax.
I think he just quoted wrong person.
He prob was trying to quote
BlueGrey said:
You might want to bring toys. Some stuff to play with that takes the focus off of your underwear and puts it in childhood.

computerProgrammer said:
I think he just quoted wrong person.
He prob was trying to quote

Ah, you're probably right.

Yep! My mistake. So sorry. :)

Internet said:
Yep! My mistake. So sorry. :)

Ah, no worries. Mistakes happen. :smile:

And I was not paying close attention to your type list. Sorry about that, Chief. Hey, whatever works.

Not a problem BlueGrey! Hope all is well. :)

Kiss her, thank her, and never let go. I've been graced enough to have an accepting girlfriend myself and I thank God every day for her. She's made me a better person, and I've become way more comfortable in them :)

I'm in almost exactly the same situation right now. I just started dating my girlfriend and she knew about me being a DL before we started dating. She doesn't see it as weird, she just sees it as something I like. The only problem is that I am ashamed of it. So to make me at least comfortable with her, she's been having me repeat out loud (when it's just her and me) and say that I like to wear diapers. It's actually tough for me to say outloud and before this I thought I accepted my DL life, but I think I accepted it as being something I like and never really accepted it as a part of who I am. Me saying to her and myself that I like to wear diapers, it's definitely helping remove some shame. Her seeing me in one though, will be a whole other obstacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back