Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accepting Girlfriend

Default Accepting Girlfriend

The more my girlfriend and I talk about my DL-side, the more I seem to be ashamed of the thought of someone judging me and seeing me, for the first time, wearing a diaper. The more I think about it, the more it seems silly because she has been more than accepting and even proposed buying me diapers for my birthday (next weekend) to show that she really means what she says.

Some of the shame comes from the majority of the public not knowing what this fetish is or what it's for, but for me it's a stress relief and a comfort. I can't explain it, a similar feeling to many of you I'm sure, but it works and is harmless to myself and others. Another portion, and probably the largest portion, comes from myself. In the moment there's nothing more that I want to be in a warm, secure, comfortable diaper and just relax. Take it all in and enjoy the feelings that come with this. When I'm not in the moment I look in the mirror and see a 20 year-old boy standing in front of me wearing a diaper. This image is going to be something I will struggle with for a bit longer to rid myself of and realize that this is not something that I should be ashamed of.

I've been talking with her this evening about seeing her this weekend and she has actually said that if I wanted to wear around her this weekend she'd be more than happy to help me become more accepting of my DL-side. If that's not an incredible girlfriend, I don't know what is.

TL;DR: My girlfriend is exceptional and plans to help me become more accepting of my DL-side by allowing me to wear around her hopefully this weekend. She will be the first person to see me in a diaper, ever.

Thanks for reading,
    Internet
    Last edited by Internet; 07-Feb-2015 at 05:02.

It is pretty good and I'm glad for you. However, I think we might do ourselves and others a disservice internalizing the belief that this is such a high hurdle to leap for others to accept. It's certainly strange but it's not so drastic that we shouldn't expect it to be at least tolerated by a loved one if not accepted when properly presented. Enjoy that you can share this with her. It can be enjoyable for her as well.

Congratulations. You're a lot farther ahead than most of us. I can understand how you feel. When I first told me wife, and she was very accepting, I still was quite timid about wearing a diaper to bed, but I did it. I didn't make a big deal about it, but she knew I was diapered. After awhile, it became routine and I felt a lot better about it, and about myself. Now we have little play together, and I really enjoy that.

I think you can trust your girlfriend to help you get through the first time. You both may laugh a little uncomfortably, at least at first, but if she's supportive, you both could have a very good life together enjoying this very intimate kind of role play. I wouldn't say this to everyone on this site, but from what you've said, I think you should go through with it, enjoying this very special first time. First times are sometimes the best, so give yourself to her and let her help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It is pretty good and I'm glad for you. However, I think we might do ourselves and others a disservice internalizing the belief that this is such a high hurdle to leap for others to accept. It's certainly strange but it's not so drastic that we shouldn't expect it to be at least tolerated by a loved one if not accepted when properly presented. Enjoy that you can share this with her. It can be enjoyable for her as well.
    Personally it's not so much a 'high hurdle' as it's been me telling myself for 20 years that it's such a weird thing, though it helps when I'm stressed and need to relax. I'm hoping my girlfriend will find it cute and that she isn't as weirded out as I'm preparing myself for. She says it's not a big deal and plays it off each time we discuss it. She just wants me to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Congratulations. You're a lot farther ahead than most of us. I can understand how you feel. When I first told me wife, and she was very accepting, I still was quite timid about wearing a diaper to bed, but I did it. I didn't make a big deal about it, but she knew I was diapered. After awhile, it became routine and I felt a lot better about it, and about myself. Now we have little play together, and I really enjoy that.

I think you can trust your girlfriend to help you get through the first time. You both may laugh a little uncomfortably, at least at first, but if she's supportive, you both could have a very good life together enjoying this very intimate kind of role play. I wouldn't say this to everyone on this site, but from what you've said, I think you should go through with it, enjoying this very special first time. First times are sometimes the best, so give yourself to her and let her help you.
    Dogboy, I love the first-hand experience you've given here, however I'm not a little/AB. I'm strictly a DL and find comfort and assurance as well as stress/anxiety relief while diapered. There isn't much she could do, aside from diapering me/changing I suppose. I'd never ask, though.

Sounds like you have a great thing going on Internet. I remember when I first told my wife I was so nervous but like your girlfriend she was very accepting. It took about two years after she knew for me to be fully comfortable about everything just remember there is no rush take your time and figure things out together. After two years my wife will even join in with me for a diapered night a few times a month.

Cheers and I hope everything goes well

Thank you for the kind words Cateddybear.

Hope all is well with you and your wife,
    Internet

You might want to bring toys. Some stuff to play with that takes the focus off of your underwear and puts it in childhood.

That's awesome, you definitely have a wonderful girlfriend. It's great that she's open to this, and is supportive of you.

I've been trying to understand and accept this whole DL side of me more as well.

RDBrony, thanks for your response but I think you've misread. I'm not an AB so 'toys' are not something I find enjoyment in. Diapers are strictly a stress relief/coping mechanism for me.

Thanks,
    Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    RDBrony, thanks for your response but I think you've misread. I'm not an AB so 'toys' are not something I find enjoyment in. Diapers are strictly a stress relief/coping mechanism for me.

Thanks,
    Internet
    Not a problem. I understood that part, and I didn't say anything about toys in my response. I'm not into anything AB related myself either, I just find it to be comforting when I wear, and it helps me relax.