Would you stop being an adult baby if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SleepyTyrant said:
*sigh* This is such a ridiculous question...
Of course I wouldn't stop. Before I accepted my little side, I spent too many years criticizing and hating myself over this.
I refuse to turn my back on myself like that again!

Usually "ridiculous questions" go the wayside here in ADISC (or so I've noticed over the past few years). I've rather enjoyed and was quite surprised by some of the responses :) I apologize though, I'll revert back to "So, what kind of diapers do you wear" with my next question ;)

You know I can't ever remember a time when I wasn't fascinated by the possibility of being a baby, so to imagine stopping seems rediculous to me....like asking would I consider opting for one less leg or something like that.

Of course I understand the question, and the inherent problems that go with being an adult baby, but the feeling of giving myself totally into it...allowing myself to regress to complete little space is so awesome, there is no way I could stop.

When I need to put these feelings aside, I can (kind of like putting the baby to bed) and often at those times though the thought of regressing can seem...well bizarre even to me... (Until of course something stirs the baby, and its 'game on')

Nah, love it too much to stop :paci:

A few months ago, mabie.... but now, no because I'm starting to learn to live with it, and so far it's not perfect, but I'm trying, and I feel you guys are helping me along the way, so thank you guys, from me and my shadow clones :hugpile:

I would only stop if, for some reason, I loose interest in that. But I do not think this is going to happen

No.

See, I really like myself, diapers, stuffies, and littleness and all.

Couldn't care less who doesn't like it. I do, my husband does, and my friends within the community and several outside of it accept me as I am.

I would say no. I can do it in private and it doesn't hurt anybody.

I don't think there are really any AB/DLs who would choose not to be AB/DL. Unless their peer-pressure-like problems are just enormous.

I couldn't even if I tried I love my abdl side and all things cute and babyish too impossible for little ol Derpy ^_^

SleepyTyrant said:
*sigh* This is such a ridiculous question...

It may seem old hat to many of us who have grown comfortable in our own onesies but there are still a lot of folks out there struggling to accept themselves.

Solemn said:
I don't think there are really any AB/DLs who would choose not to be AB/DL. Unless their peer-pressure-like problems are just enormous.

There was a time when I would have paid a high price to make it stop and no one knew but me. I suppose one could still call that peer pressure as I knew that friends wouldn't like it or understand. Still, I would say it was more important that I didn't like it (even as I loved it) and certainly didn't understand. I still don't know why I am this way but it no longer bothers me. I'm happy with myself and my weird urge.

I never really give this much thought before tho I would say no, this is something I enjoy when I'm on my own, nobody's affected by it and there's no one getting hurt so what's the harm :)

Hmm. I think I posted before. Anyways, I would let it go. It's kind of a moot point though. It'll never happen. ABDL is just too entwined as a part of me.
The reason I'd let it go is the huge amount of time I could put to more productive endeavors. Also, the tremendous burden it puts on my wife and myself. Anyone that has binged and purged knows what I mean. The purge side is just so painful. Our society has us painted into a corner that is difficult to deal with at best. If we actually decided to be even a little free with our interests we'd end up in jail. FAST. Just going to the beach and walking around in a diaper and t shirt would get me arrested where I live.
Societies are built around certain basic consensuses. A societies values are zealously guarded by the majority. Usually without any consideration, just knee jerk gut reaction. Unfortunately our passions are outside of these accepted norms. The biological imperative has created a reality where men must be hairy macho bulls ready to attack at any provocation. Most women find this the attractive norm. Not a wimpy diapered man child. As for women, she's got to be all sex for the men. Provocative and enticing. Again, a diapered women isn't the typical image men are seeking.
Then there is the psychological aspect. We were trained from infancy to view diapers and all the infantile trappings to be something that MUST be left behind. The door closed forever. Any attempt to return there is looked at with disgust and horror. "Grow up"!! Again I view this as a majority view and not the views of many. Unfortunately, "the many" are expected to conform and can be motivated by the various individuals reactions and legal punishments.
I have noticed that ADISC has a predominantly younger membership. I find the younger views posted here encouraging. They seem to show an attitude that is a bit more militant towards the social norm that my generation. Being I'm in my sixties, I've had years of getting the stuffing beaten out of me over my ABDL side. So, if I could give it up (and no, I can't) I would. I can only wonder what it would be like to see a diaper and not have all the bells and whistles go off in my head.

Fruitkitty said:
The answer to this question tends to change along with self-acceptance. Once someone gets over the hurdle of being okay with being an ABDL and starts putting roots down within the community, ABDL is just another way one has fun and another community where one makes friends.

Ten years ago, I would have stopped in a heartbeat if that were an option. Now, I'm staffing an ABDL forum and met my mate through the community, so I'd say being an ABDL is a huge positive in my life.

I hope I can find that self-acceptance.

To be honest, I'm surprised how many people said no so confidently in this thread.

As for me, right now, I would give it up if I could. Well, I wouldn't give up using and enjoying diapers as long as I have a desire to, but if I could flip a switch and not have those desires, I think I would.

But it's a strange wishful thinking question isn't it? I'm sure there are many times in everybody's life that they would happily turn off part of themselves if they could. But can you really? When it's a part of you? I think it's certainly possible to do more harm than good by force-depriving oneself.

Really, I wish much more for the strength to be happy with myself the way that I am. To better understand who I am and what I want. And to better work with, rather than against, who I naturally am.

I want my cake, and I want to eat it too.

I would absolutely not give it up. The benefits, how happy it makes me feel, far outweighs the downsides. There are things I don't like about myself, like every person, but I have to say I feel pretty cool in a diaper and very proud of my room that looks like a day care center. Sure, I've had people who got close to me think it's weird, but this is one of those things that I just let nasty comments roll off my shoulder. I won't stroll into work with a teddy bear, so I do weigh outside opinion into this where it could damage my life to a point, but at home, I go all out gladly. Being an adult baby isn't all I am, but it's a big part of me, and has been long before I even knew it was a "thing".

I would've said yes a couple of months ago, but now I've met so many friends due to this interest. I also believe that I am this way for a reason. Maybe it is something I will learn to let go of, or something I will learn to live in harmony with. I really don't know, but I think there's something I need to learn from it in some way.

I am probably the only one that says yes. I have tried in the past and failed. I might try again in the future. My main reason is that I am emabresed by it, I am afraid to have people over to where I live, for fear they might find my stash, I would love to be free to invite friends over, but at this time I don't feel I am free to do that because I have my diaper and diaper releated items.

No...it is who I am. My AB/Little side is part of everyday me. I've only just realized how much that side of me is in my everyday life and just how she helps me to move through my day. It amazes me how people in my life just accept that part of me as the sweet, gentle side of my personality and endears me to others. Of course they do not realize it, but I am aware of how even in adult situations, that side of me can defuse situations or bring a calming patience or understanding to someone that needs it. The DL is something I enjoy and why should I give it up? That's as silly as giving up watching TV or listening to music. Don't see the point to it.

Note said:
Yes. Seriously what a dumb question to ask. Who in their right mind would want this?

If I didn't already have the urge to wear diaper's I'm sure I wouldn't choose to do so. But I do, and I'm perfectly content as such. No torture, minimal stress.

I hope you manage to get yourself there one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back