Would you stop being an adult baby if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metoo said:
I understand where you're coming from. The funny thing about the whole thing is that my wife seems to accept it even more than I do. Like you, I've lived to enough of a ripe old age to accept the whole thing and really enjoy it. It's such a central part of me that I could never give it up. I REALLY enjoy being abdl don't get me wrong, It's one of the central parts of who I am. For me the biggest problem is how it can get in the way of a relationship. The desire can be so powerful sometimes that I can't leave the abdl thing alone. My wife then felt inadequate in the past and ended up hurt by something she could never compete with. Then there was the "I can change him" thing. Like if she tried hard enough she could divert the desire to be abdl into more conventional avenues. That didn't happen. The other thing that bugs a lot me is the thought that if someone knew about me and my diapers they would be disgusted. I understand all the reasons to let this go, but I'm so socially tied to people that I can't disregard it. So... I'd take the pill and go PURE VANILLA..... (the baby side is screaming noooooooooooo)!!!

It's certainly not all smiles and sunshine but I think a lot of things are like that. It's easy to find things about ourselves that make us feel like we're not good enough. I just reached the position over time that this wasn't one negatives that I should give much credence too. The public perception is something else entirely, but although I prefer to keep this private, I don't worry so much about others knowing anymore, either.

No, I wouldn't want to give it up. I've actually made a lot of emotional progress with my issues through being little, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of childhood things. In fact, nothing about abdl has caused me any harm so far, and as long as it doesn't, I don't see the problem. Might be embarrassing if people found my stash of stuff, but same goes for a lot of my belongings.

I would. My wife thinks that Diapers and Divorce both start with a "D". It's made things very painful.

Which parts of me are the ABDL parts? Am I just giving up diapers in this hypothetical, but keeping other child-like aspects of myself? Do I need to give up my plushies? Do I need to stop watching cartoons? Do I need to have never met or confided in any of the friends I've made?

Something like ABDL is very fundamental to a person. Even if we say that the only thing I give up in this scenario is diapers, that's still a big change. I might have been either more or less nervous as a young person without my thoughts of diapers. Less because I wouldn't have a big secret to hide, but more because I wouldn't have had the comfort of those fantasies. I might have had totally different relationships, which could have affected what I studied, who my friends were or where I went to school. I might have been a more arrogant and less sensitive person because I would have lacked the personal fears that have allowed me to empathize with others.

If the question is broader still and not being ABDL somehow changes my tastes in art and culture, I don't even think I'd be me anymore. I'd be some other person who happens to look similar.

I think, ultimately, my answer is that I wouldn't change it, even if I could. I wouldn't change it because even fear, pain, and loneliness can be good for a person in the long run. Because if my life had been easier, I might not have been thoughtful at certain times, and instead been arrogant and closed minded. I really believe that, though it may still cause me trouble, I'm better for having been and still being ABDL.

For me it depends on how this question is being asked. Would I take some sort of "magic pill" so that I would no longer have these desires, but still remember that I did at one point? No. Would I rewrite my life so that I didn't have these desires? Maybe... it's complicated though because I'm not sure where they started for me. There are a lot of times when I wish I didn't have this, and wish I could save money for other more "normal" hobbies, but I do recognize that this does make me happy most of the time and doesn't hurt anyone, so it's not a "bad" thing to have.

Heck no! Not a chance! While it certainly would be easier not thinking about wearing and being unable to most of the time, those times I can are just great, and I wouldn't change that. Though I did accept this part of me pretty quickly, so, maybe not struggling with it for a long time helps that decision in that I don't have a ton of more negative stuff to think back to and ponder if I could've just avoided all that.

I myself am not a dl. But people in my life are. That is what makes them happy. Everyone has something that helps them feel safe or calm. I understand that there are aspects of that life that a lot of people don't understand. And like a few people have mentioned, it can cause heartache or pain. But I would never want to change the things about myself that make me the most happiest. And I wouldn't want anyone else to have to change because the outside world doesn't understand them.

Hell, no.

It's been too much a part of my life for far too long to even think of giving it up.

Having to somehow convince myself that I was / am a big girl... scares the hell out of me.

And considering the fact that it's also strongly connected to the reason I was denied the change to womanhood back in August '94 (I was 23 at the time) - makes it even more difficult to imagine.

Technically no I could not get rid of this side of myself. That's because in theory since being AB/DL is a part of who and what I am I would have to destroy a part of myself in order to achieve that. I cannot in good conscience do that to myself because that cannot be done in a way that is healthy due to it's nature. Once I would have been reckless enough to try that but I am simply not the same person I used to be once.

I've read though so many different responses :) I find it absolutely amazing that although each is his or her own person, we go through a lot of the same trials and feel almost the exact same way about them. I guess in my case, I've been looking for an excuse about why I should stop all of these years, instead of focusing and enjoying "who I am." I find that, society and the "norm" may be a bitch, but "I'M" my own worse critic.

To answer my own question, No, I wouldn't stop being an adult baby. Being that I'm married to my best friend who just happens to be another adult baby himself, I'm blessed by the grace of God that I don't have to make the harsh decision about giving it all up for my spouse. That and I've changed so much and believe it or not, being an adult baby has given me the courage to "step out of my realm" of thinking, which has in turn broaden how I once thought about things. Not that I give "all" the created to being a baby, but it served as a catalyst in my adult "spiritual awaking."

Last edited:
I think that the answer for me would have to be no because it does bring comfort and to me and I enjoy doing indulging in it. The only thing I worry about is finding a partner or that would accept this side of me. I don't see myself ever giving up this side of me at all.

The thought has definitely crossed my mind once or twice. Sometimes I wonder if this lifestyle is appropriate for somebody my age. I don't have any ABDL friends, and given my remarkably poor ability at making new friends, I unfortunately do not see myself meeting any in the near future.

Another concern of mine, is keeping my ABDL lifestyle a secret from my non-ABDL friends, so far that has been successful, however my Mom did find out, and luckily for me, she was more than willing to try and understand my thoughts and feelings on the subject.

Also, I consider myself religious, and the ABDL lifestyle does conflict with the rules I must follow.

Yes, I do admit that wearing diapers feels comfortable to me, and using them allows a sense of relaxed relief unlike anything else I have ever experienced.

So yes, I have indeed given the notion of retiring myself from being an DL/DF some entertainment, and am taking it into some serious consideration.

I know it's going against what most people are saying, but yeah, I would like to not be an AB/DL. I'm young, and I just really got into the scene and embraced this side of me. That might be why I say yes now, it might change, but it's scary. I mean, I enjoy indulging and wearing a diaper, but so far, every time it's been followed by guilt. I worry that I won't be able to find a partner, especially one that I can be equal with most of the time, but who can be my Daddy when I need him to be. I worry that people will find out, that they'll be disgusted. I worry that if I want to work in other countries, this will stop me (not very logical, but hey, not all worries are!). I am glad I'm starting to embrace it, because I think it was time, but I also think I have a very long way to go until some of this guilt and frustration and, I'll admit it, anger at myself for liking diapers goes away.
Side note- I find the fact I'm an AB very ironic. I wished every day of my childhood I was older, all I wanted to be was all grown up, but now, when I'm "all grown up", I want to go back to being little... Life is so strange sometimes!

BabyGirlMoo said:
I know it's going against what most people are saying, but yeah, I would like to not be an AB/DL. I'm young, and I just really got into the scene and embraced this side of me. That might be why I say yes now, it might change, but it's scary. I mean, I enjoy indulging and wearing a diaper, but so far, every time it's been followed by guilt. I worry that I won't be able to find a partner, especially one that I can be equal with most of the time, but who can be my Daddy when I need him to be. I worry that people will find out, that they'll be disgusted. I worry that if I want to work in other countries, this will stop me (not very logical, but hey, not all worries are!). I am glad I'm starting to embrace it, because I think it was time, but I also think I have a very long way to go until some of this guilt and frustration and, I'll admit it, anger at myself for liking diapers goes away.
Side note- I find the fact I'm an AB very ironic. I wished every day of my childhood I was older, all I wanted to be was all grown up, but now, when I'm "all grown up", I want to go back to being little... Life is so strange sometimes!

I agree with everything you have said , I feel guilt and don't know why . Im older and I feel the same shame and want to be "normal" as I did as a younger person if not more now. in a way im glad I didn't have a place like this 20 years ago . I just thought I was the only one . now I know im not and not the only one who is alone and looking for a partner to share this life with . you have one thing going for you as I am sure you know you're female and even though this isn't a dating site im sure there's people who have tried to make friends , there are 1000's of guys here who'd play daddy to you .

No. Being an adult baby, liking diapers, is strange but it is not wrong or bad in and of itself.

Therefore, I would not change who I am.

Cherub said:
Among my last posts here, as I will be closing my account here on ADISC,,,,I say yes. In fact, my yes in being put into action. Most people on here lay claim to the idea that the liking of diapers is a way of life that can never be done away with. Most seem to hold to the false belief that the feelings of liking diapers will never go away, that some form of it will always remain indefinitely. I'm proof that both claims are wrong. My liking of diapers and has faded away. I no longer desire them at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people can't feel as though they like diapers. What I am saying is that the desire for diapers, as well as the lifestyle can be gotten rid of.

The path that different people take to arrive at the state of no longer wanting diapers, and of no longer living the ABDL lifestyle differs. For me, my path involved a brain tumor. The situation was a life changer for me. Things I thought were important were no longer important. My feelings, views and priorities shifted as a result of my experience. I feel free because I no longer have this secret to hide.

In the past, I've read accounts of people stating they've done away with ABDL'ism, and I've read the replies that such posts garnered. I have no intentions of trying to defend myself to anyone that these feelings and lifestyles can be done away with. I will be gone from this site and moved on to other things in life.

My purpose of writing this post is to be that possible light to someone who might be struggling with giving this up. To that person I tell you, it can be done. You just have to want it enough.

I wish you well, Cherub. Hope you have found happiness and healing. Most around here say it can't be done, but go for it! I hope to join you someday.

Penny said:
I honestly don't know.

On the one hand I love it and there is nothing about it that doesn't fill me with a sense of comfort and security that I can't get anywhere else and it's fun, let's face it.

On the other hand I do wonder what it would be like to start dating again.

Would they accept me? Would they hate me? Would they leave because of it even if I don't do it around them?

But I also realize that the kind of person I would want to spend my life with would be open minded and while they maybe wouldn't be super crazy about it any parter of mine would have to at least understand.

So I guess no. I enjoy it and I see no reason to stop.

I also wonder a bit about dating. I have been single for many years now and my little side came out during this period. Just having someone come to visit is totally out of the question. I dont even let my closest friends in (they dont know about my little side, but they know I really dislike visits).
But to give up the little side...no..it wouldnt work in the long run. I love my plushies, my pacifiers and my baby bottles too much.

The answer to this question tends to change along with self-acceptance. Once someone gets over the hurdle of being okay with being an ABDL and starts putting roots down within the community, ABDL is just another way one has fun and another community where one makes friends.

Ten years ago, I would have stopped in a heartbeat if that were an option. Now, I'm staffing an ABDL forum and met my mate through the community, so I'd say being an ABDL is a huge positive in my life.

Originally, i felt a bit worried an unsure, but i soon realized that i shouldnt care what other people think and eventually stopped feeling that way alltogether. I've never even went through binge an purge cycles even. I have fun being little and don't see any reason why i would give it up.

I don't even need the whole "its a part of me" reason to try and justify it, i partake in it because it makes me happy to be lil and feel like i don't have to worry about things(not even the bathroom :p).

so my answer to taking a magic pill? The answer would be no, its not a disorder that needs to be managed or gotten rid of. ITs something you should embrace and enjoy. No different than saying you like games or comics. You like it because its what makes you happy and enjoy life just a lil more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back